Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: No. 8 Clemson knocks off No. 5 Georgia in shootout in the Valley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: No. 8 Clemson knocks off No. 5 Georgia in shootout in the Valley

Sep 1, 2013, 12:00 AM

No. 8 Clemson knocks off No. 5 Georgia in shootout in the Valley

Roderick McDowell rushed for 132 yards and Sammy Watkins caught six passes for 127 yards as No. 8 Clemson knocked off No. 5 Georgia 38-35 in Death Valley Saturday night. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: No. 8 Clemson knocks off No. 5 Georgia in shootout in the Valley

Sep 1, 2013, 12:14 AM

Thanks, David, as always a great summary.... PS.... please point out to CDS and CBV that we are not quite experienced enough to successfully execute a prevent defense....WHEW (sigh of relief)!!!

Hot Rod McDowell looked awesome

Sep 1, 2013, 12:50 AM

Tajh helped his NFL stock go up. Venerables and defensive staff made great adjustments in second quarter; however, the "Prevent Defense" didn't prevent anything...why change when what you were doing was working? The outcome couldn't have been any worse.

Quote of the day; "Bryant finally makes a play"...Brent Musburger after Bryant recovers onside kick.

Glad to see kickoffs going into endzone and Pinion is a big time punter.

Clowney doesn't have anything on Vic Beasley and Corey Crawford. Both made huge plays including sacks without getting winded.

How does a game qualify as a shootout?

Sep 1, 2013, 12:51 AM

Just curious. I'd say the 1st 20 minutes qualifies, but then it was a defensive struggle for a while

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

happy for the win

Sep 1, 2013, 1:29 AM

Maybe I am wrong but I still have concerns on defense.

Hot Rod answered my question about the running game.

I dont think our Corners were tested really as Georgia hit more over the middle.

But we still can't tackle. I love Travis Blanks but he whiffed on quite a few tonight as did others.

Excellent win.

Sep 1, 2013, 7:38 AM

Classic game. This will set the stage - and expectations - for the season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm here to spread hate and discontent.

Hot Rod is my new favorite player

Sep 1, 2013, 4:51 PM

He was on FIRE, both in play and enthusiasm, all night. Time and time again I could see him in pre-game, between plays, and during time-outs getting the crowd and his teammates (not to mention himself) fired up. He was so excited to be there. And then he put in an outstanding game to top it all off. He was nothing short of awesome Saturday night.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic