Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Nation's top DT enjoys Clemson visit, to return in three weeks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Nation's top DT enjoys Clemson visit, to return in three weeks

Jun 30, 2012, 2:38 PM

Nation's top DT enjoys Clemson visit, to return in three weeks

The nation’s number one defensive tackle prospect concluded his visit to the Clemson campus Saturday afternoon, a visit that spanned four days and included a lot of bonding time with current Clemson players. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Nation's top DT enjoys Clemson visit, to return in three weeks

Jun 30, 2012, 2:41 PM

If he thinks enough of us to bring mom next time that is a good sign. I like our chances here

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brought my girlfriend to meet my Mom once.

Jun 30, 2012, 4:30 PM

Mom liked her so I married her, almost 36 years ago.

I like the line, "it is like we are already teammates". That + Mom = good signs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Brought my girlfriend to meet my Mom once.

Jun 30, 2012, 6:29 PM

It's a done deal. He is coming to Clemson. Just wish he wouldn't wait until after the season.

Why does it really matter? Dabo has a strict policy about

Jun 30, 2012, 6:58 PM

comitting then taking visits. Were it me....I'd take the free vacations too. Most of these kids have never been anywhere.

And it really doesn't matter until they sign on the dotted line./

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Why does it really matter?

Jun 30, 2012, 10:45 PM

How many schools in the SEC (So Everyone Cheats) do you trust to play by the rules in recruiting Adams?

One of them just might make him a deal he can't refuse!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

He should play along and then turn'em up.***

Jun 30, 2012, 11:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Until he signs a LOI they can still do the same amount of

Jul 1, 2012, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Why does it really matter? ]

cheating. Y'all act like a verbal commitment is going to stop everyone from recruiting these kids.....it will not. It may even make some of the recruiters come on harder with their extra offers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Front Page Story: Nation's top DT enjoys Clemson visit, to return in three weeks

Jun 30, 2012, 2:43 PM

Sounds like great news to me. I like that he is going to bring his mom up in a few weeks to see Clemson. That can never hurt. He could be a big part of what is shaping up to be a monster d-line a few years.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2012, 2:43 PM

Sounds like great news. Also, I think Fuller will be on campus the 20th.

Jun 30, 2012, 2:49 PM

Yep he will be! It would be great to get both of these guys the same day! GO TIGERS!!!!

We'll have to wait on Adams but Fuller might committ

Jun 30, 2012, 2:56 PM

It's a war between VT and us. VT might have a slight lead as they have his brother with them but I do believe that he likes Clemson more as a school and if not for his brother would be 100% ours. I still think we get him though

I'm calling it. He's ours to lose at this point

Jun 30, 2012, 2:44 PM

He's been to Clemson a few times before and is coming abck and bringing his mother. Whenever parents meet Dabo they love the man becuase he is honest and completely open with them. He wants their kids to play for what he believes is the best college environment in the country. he lets them know that he cares not only about them as players but as as young men and that he will treat them like his own children and help them become beeter players and more importantly better men.

Also talking to Venables and Dan Brooks, both of who are considered some of the best at their respective jobs, will certianly help and Sammy is a great recruiter in his own right.

I only wish he would have talked to soome defensive players past or present that could have helped him as well.

"It was great -

Jun 30, 2012, 2:44 PM

it is like we are already teammates." That makes me think he does have a favorite.

Yeah, definitely strengthened our position with Adams

Jun 30, 2012, 2:55 PM

Anytime you take anyone to 'meet the parents' it's a good thing and a commitment could be coming. I think we're in really good shape here.

Dabo has a great rapport with moms, so this is good news.***

Jun 30, 2012, 2:47 PM

Re: Dabo has a great rapport with moms, so this is good news.***

Jun 30, 2012, 2:57 PM

He looks like a more athletic, definitly more polished at this stage version of brandon thompson.

Ours to lose...will be shocked if the #1DT in the nation

Jun 30, 2012, 2:57 PM

ends up not signing way. Dline class is shaping up to be our best ever on paper. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder

Jun 30, 2012, 3:09 PM

How adamant he is about waiting until after senior season to commit... I'm more an instant gratification type person lol

If you lived in the middle of Bulldog country & Clemson has

Jun 30, 2012, 4:14 PM

already "stolen" the #1 from Georgia...........would you commit or keep quiet?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you lived in the middle of Bulldog country & Clemson has

Jun 30, 2012, 7:45 PM

Definitely easier just to keep quiet, Design.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of the quotes from Adams seem to indicate that he.....

Jun 30, 2012, 3:13 PM

may be a silent commit at this point. "I feel like we are ALREADY teammates"

"I said I would play where ever Coach Venables needed me"

paraphrasing on some of those but it sounds like he is already a TIGER!!!

is it possible young Mr. Adams is one of those cases

Jun 30, 2012, 3:22 PM

Coach Swinney spoke of where the kid is ready to commit to Clemson but still wants to take all of his visits?? And as such, he was advised to take all his visits before any public commitment??

Although flowery post-visit comments are commonplace, this interview sure sounded as positive as all the ones of the kids who did commit.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All of the quotes from Adams seem to indicate that he.....

Jun 30, 2012, 3:24 PM [ in reply to All of the quotes from Adams seem to indicate that he..... ]

That is a great point but could be just trying to be friendly with the reporter.

I really don't want to wait on him til the end of the season. Just more chance someone comes in and pays him off or does something dirty during the season.

Uhm, that makes no sense unless he is an early enrollment...

Jul 1, 2012, 12:10 AM

entry. Otherwise, there's is always room of what you're worried about until NSD, probably enhanced in a state like GA. Go see AJ Harmon most recently in regards to this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2012, 3:23 PM

I will be surprised if we don't get this kid. He says he doesn't have a favorite but I think were obviously at the top and he just wants to keep the suspense until signing day.

somebody called him Mount Ravius...pretty cool

Jun 30, 2012, 3:47 PM

but only if Mr. Adams agrees

Visiting DT Jay Woods called him "Big Mon" - he will

Jun 30, 2012, 4:09 PM

probably end up with LOTS of nicknames!

Jun 30, 2012, 4:24 PM

This is a very fine football player, and we have a great shot at him comitting to us. Say what you will, but Dabo has put together a great staff, a great group of players who believe in what he is putting together, and our future is very bright. When we are in the conversation on so many great players, we are doing a lot right.

Jun 30, 2012, 7:41 PM

He needs to be a Clemson Tiger. He and Nkemdichee would make for the best line in America for the next 4 years. Clemson fits him like a glove cuz we really need DT's.

Jun 30, 2012, 7:43 PM

He needs to be a Clemson Tiger. He and Nkemdichee would make for the best line in America for the next 4 years. Clemson fits him like a glove cuz we really need DT's.

Welcome Back on the 20th, Mr. Adams

Jun 30, 2012, 11:15 PM

Hope you and your mom visit the entire campus and get a real feeling about and for Clemson University. You come to Clemson and you'll NEVER regret it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic