Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: National Signing Day 2012
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: National Signing Day 2012

Feb 1, 2012, 12:09 AM

National Signing Day 2012

National Signing Day 2012 is here! Check back all day on Wednesday to see the latest on Clemson's 2012 recruiting class. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: National Signing Day 2012

Feb 1, 2012, 12:13 AM

BIG DAY!!! GOooooTigers! GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOTIGERS-GOoooooo Tigers!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2012, 12:16 AM

Sounds good to me, thumbs!

Feb 1, 2012, 12:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: National Signing Day 2012 ]

point for the effort!

Thanks for update.***

Feb 1, 2012, 12:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: N S D 2012 - "BIRTH OF A NEW TIGER CLASS"

Feb 1, 2012, 12:55 AM

I've decided this anticipation is kind of like waiting on the "new arrival"...without having to wait at the hospital!

Que up "Anticipation" also known as the Heinz Catsup jingle, for those that remember that.

check out CARLY SIMON here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NwP3wes4M8

Filmed for her 1987 Live From Martha's Vineyard concert

Nice video...enjoy!

GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since you mentioned it...

Feb 1, 2012, 3:50 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoLoyg3JKRQ

how in the world..

Feb 1, 2012, 8:46 AM

does scout have shaq lawson ranked at over 100 de but espn and rivals have him in the top 20.i could see if scout had him ranked in at maybe 30 but to have him ranked in the 100's is a big difference

Re: how in the world..

Feb 1, 2012, 8:47 AM

he committed to us very early on and scout didn't bother to look at any of his senior film because of it? that would be my guess

i would hope that is the case

Feb 1, 2012, 8:48 AM

because that is a huge difference in rankings.

Ranking dont mean anything actually. Tons of 5 stars have

Feb 1, 2012, 10:42 AM

flopped

Re: Ranking dont mean anything actually. Tons of 5 stars have

Feb 1, 2012, 10:58 AM

Most all-americans weren't 5 star recruits. Recruiting rankings tell you where the player is starting from, not where he will finish.

Feb 1, 2012, 11:37 AM

Actually rankings matter. They are only projections, but they are in general a good indication. If you're dealing with large numbers, they are pretty accurate, but on specific cases are wrong a fair amount. If you look at All American lists, it's split with roughly equal numbers of 5*, 4*, 3*, and 2* players. 1* typically means that the player wasn't evaluated and ranked.

Even though you get equal numbers of all Americans from each group, I say that the rankings are accurate because you have far fewer 5* players than 4* and fewer 4* than 3* or 2* players. Literally thousands of players get ranked 2 & 3*s. Usually, the top 50 or so get 5*s and the next 250 get 4*s. Out of 24 first team AA players, if you get five 5*s, five 4*s, seven 3*s and seven 2 or 1* players, the odds of being right are 10% for 5*s, 2% for 4*s, 0.47% for 3 and 2*s.

Since two sources rank him highly and one doesn't, I tend to think he'll be better, but there are no guarantees. As you fill out 2nd, 3rd, and 4th team AA players, then all conference teams and all freshman teams, the odds go up, but it's still better for more highly ranked players.

Feb 1, 2012, 12:06 PM

Oh I agree, 5* players have a better chance to be great. These are guys that have all of the tools to be successful (with the exception of the occasional misevaluation, see Milton Jennings in basketball) and therefore are more likely to be great players. I think rankings matter, but you do have to take every evaluation with a grain of salt, especially with some of the lower-ranked guys who have the intangibles that a lot of the big-time recruits lack.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic