Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Morris looks for improvement in red zone scoring
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Morris looks for improvement in red zone scoring

Oct 12, 2011, 10:56 AM

Morris looks for improvement in red zone scoring

Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris says Clemson's red zone scoring is not yet on a championship level. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Morris looks for improvement in red zone scoring

Oct 12, 2011, 11:07 AM

I'm as proud and surprised as anyone about the success we have had this season, and very positive about the potential success in the future. I'm glad they are recognizing the issues in the Red Zone, and think that will be a new focus during practices. Props to Catman for being lights on on his opportunities!

I don't know if it is just me, but when you think redzone rushing, you think big bodies going in there and moving the piles. I thought this would be a great opportunity to use Buice, but obviously I'm not a coach, and I trust their decision making.

I look forward to the second half of the season, and can't wait to see what happens! GO TIGERS!!

We haven't seen any real power running since Reggie left

Oct 12, 2011, 1:32 PM

Hate to see Buice go....but that is between him and the coaches

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: We haven't seen any real power running since Reggie left

Oct 12, 2011, 2:12 PM

yea, Harper was a big boy, but nothing like Merriwether and Chad Jasmin getting the guaranteed 2-5 yards each carry. I would have though Chad Diehl would have been a good short yardage guy too, but Wofford had other plans.

Re: We haven't seen any real power running since Reggie left

Oct 12, 2011, 7:32 PM [ in reply to We haven't seen any real power running since Reggie left ]

I wish Buice would stay too but you cant blame him. We've got a lot of depth at running back.

Oct 12, 2011, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Morris looks for improvement in red zone scoring ]

Run Tyler Shatley at fullback inside the 10.

Oct 12, 2011, 2:42 PM

Might be onto something there. He was a pretty good back in high school as I recall. Played on both sides of the ball.

Good. We should have put up 50 points agains BC.******

Oct 12, 2011, 11:08 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Great read!

Oct 12, 2011, 11:10 AM

Red zone production was our major problem last season. We could drive down the field, but we couldn't close the deal. It's looked much better this season, but I still love how Morris is demanding more of this team. GO TIGERS!

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

As I reflect on yesterdays events

Oct 12, 2011, 11:15 AM

I see now why Spurrier doesn't want him in any more coot press conferences. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We dropped a pass." Love that team attitude. Looks like

Oct 12, 2011, 11:21 AM

Dabo hit a grand slam with this hire.

Re: "We dropped a pass." Love that team attitude. Looks like

Oct 12, 2011, 11:30 AM

Man, Peake is from my home town, and I hated to see that pass slip right through his hands! The kid is awesome, and I know he was thinking 6 points when that ball was in the air. Silly Freshman, lesson learned.

Re: "We dropped a pass." Love that team attitude. Looks like

Oct 12, 2011, 1:31 PM [ in reply to "We dropped a pass." Love that team attitude. Looks like ]

I wonder if Morris had an offensive coordinator under him at the Texas high school. Morris is probably the hottest coaches in college football, moving up quickly over a very short period of time - it's gonna be very hard to hold onto him very long - he will be a head coach in no time. Hopefully we can keep him for 3 more years, but I doubt it. He's too good.

Oct 12, 2011, 11:46 AM

That's the nail on the head. Offense's on team weakness is running between the tackles. If that one aspect could get going for whatever reason (maybe blocking, maybe Ellington's health) we could easily be top 5 in total offense.

Morris will keep this team from losing focus...that's why

Oct 12, 2011, 12:49 PM

you can believe. Maryland is not a trap game. Dabo, Steele nor Morris are satisfied with the team or their respective areas production...Therefore, the players must work harder...I guarantee if we get beat, it will be not do to not giving 100%, but because the other team is better (better can mean more seasoned or senior). Young mistakes is acceptable...The ability to respond when you make those mistakes is ADMIRABLE and a trait to not be taken lightly...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is something that plagues all spread offenses.***

Oct 12, 2011, 1:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 of the top 5 FBS scoring offenses are spread offenses.

Oct 12, 2011, 2:14 PM

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2011&rpt=IA_teamscoroff&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

But none of those top 5 spread offenses are in the top 10 of red zone offenses.

Increased red zone scoring (especially TDs) would be great but last year, Auburn & Oregon (both spread offenses) played for the national title, so I don't care if Clemson scores from outside the red zone as long as they win.

Oct 12, 2011, 1:44 PM

Left a lot of points on the field against BC. Love this offense. Just need more smash mouth in the smash mouth spread.

In the offense's defense, Tajh was in the stadium

Oct 12, 2011, 2:24 PM

through much of that waiting for his new cloned body to arrive from the gene pool.

this has been our problem since the later Spence days....

Oct 12, 2011, 2:48 PM

...kicking field goals when we should have been scoring touchdowns. This, and the inconsistency in the running game, have been the most glaring deficiencies in the offense this season.

Oct 12, 2011, 3:20 PM

A pet peave of mine for many years has been our inability to run the ball between the tackles, especially in Red Zone situations. Our OL has been pretty impotent in that regard for a long time. I'm glad they and the entire offense is being called out on that. I expect that will get better, because I believe Coach Caldwell has it in his DNA to build and to coach the king of OL that will win the battles in the trenches. Kudos to Dabo for his coaching hires.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy needs to be banned from our press conferences!!!

Oct 12, 2011, 6:06 PM

Oh wait, he's right :)

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic