Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Key for 2012 Tigers: Keeping Freeman, Boyd and Ellington healthy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Key for 2012 Tigers: Keeping Freeman, Boyd and Ellington healthy

Jun 20, 2012, 11:07 AM

Key for 2012 Tigers: Keeping Freeman, Boyd and Ellington healthy

The 2012 Clemson team is talented enough and experienced enough to make a return to the ACC Championship Game if they can keep some key guys healthy. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Key for 2012 Tigers: Keeping Freeman, Boyd and Ellington healthy

Jun 20, 2012, 11:19 AM

Agreed! Ellington's decision to come back one more year was better than anyone we could have signed in the nation. If these guys stay healthy and productive we will have an awesome season again! And look out 2013 here we come!!!

must have run out of interesting topics***

Jun 20, 2012, 11:19 AM

Re: must have run out of interesting topics***

Jun 20, 2012, 2:13 PM

Heyyyyy, at least we are talking about good issuses with our FB team. For those that the subject don't fit, take a nap or go on break.:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol

Jun 20, 2012, 11:22 AM

"Incoming freshman Chad Kelly has all the confidence in the world"

That still might be an understatement.

That was a typo.

Jun 20, 2012, 12:34 PM

He meant to say that he has all of the tweets in the world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Another typo

Jun 20, 2012, 12:48 PM

He ACTUALLY meant to say swag.

Gotta keep that whole oline healthy.***

Jun 20, 2012, 11:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Gotta keep that whole oline healthy.***

Jun 20, 2012, 2:28 PM

Absolutely!!! Boyd has shown that given a few seconds he can and will find a place for the FB. But I would love to see Boyd run a little more for positive yards. When he can do that better than he done last year, that alone will buy him more time to check off before forcing the ball in the bad guys hands. In other words, its up to Boyd to help himself to have more time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dalton Freeman - my Offense MVP

Jun 20, 2012, 11:27 AM

Dalton Freeman will make our offense this year. It all starts up front. Go Line!

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did I miss a year or something....

Jun 20, 2012, 11:28 AM

"The beginning of the 2013 college football season sits just out of reach...."

;)

Great list.

Jun 20, 2012, 11:29 AM

We do need some help this year on lack of injuries. I watched the 1981 tribute movie. I found it interesting that Danny Ford specifically brought up the lack of injuries as a contributing factor for why they succeeded.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Re: Front Page Story: Key for 2012 Tigers: Keeping Freeman, Boyd and Ellington healthy

Jun 20, 2012, 11:36 AM

Breeland, Robinson, Jenkins must stay healthy. Don't want an inexperieced 18 year old out there on an island with the game on the line. If Mr. Blanks is as good as advertised...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Sammy has to be 2nd behind Boyd because of big play

Jun 20, 2012, 12:53 PM

ability.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2012, 1:08 PM

I'm hoping that the CU OC has been working on some plays wherein Boyd will be designed to get rid of the ball quickly (see WVU in the Orange Bowl), as I worry about the OL. With an inexperienced OL, I think that the DC's for Auburn, and the others, will be blitzing from the first play from scrimmage to the final horn.

Last year, most of our passing plays were slow-developing, it seemed to me.

While, last year, at NCSU, at USC, and in the Orange Bowl they constantly harassed Boyd into mistakes or tuck-and-runs. I'm thinking it will be all-out blitzes this year.

It's called a Bubble Screen.....Remember those?

Jun 20, 2012, 1:17 PM

They should have been engraved in everyones mind enough to remember very clearly, lol. Still effective when ran correctly...and not frequently.

Re: It's called a Bubble Screen.....Remember those?

Jun 20, 2012, 2:42 PM

Who could possibly have forgotten the bubble screen by now!?!?! GEEZ we've seen enough of those to know they are coming before the snap!

Re: It's called a Bubble Screen.....Remember those?

Jun 20, 2012, 3:34 PM

80 thousand fans in DV knew it was coming. And every team that we played only practiced defending the bubble screen. They knew if they could defend the bubble, they win.

Wow. Revealing article Captain Obvious. It's a slow news

Jun 20, 2012, 2:25 PM

day, huh?

KEY #1

Jun 28, 2012, 11:47 AM

Keeping Boyd healthy!

Jun 28, 2012, 12:40 PM

I agree especially with the part about the CU OL....beyond Freeman, they'll have a part time starter in Thomas, a DL transplant in Shatley, and two new OL who have 0 starts between them and have combined played enough snaps of offensive football that's barely over 1 single games' worth. And according to most 2-deep depth charts, the reserves are all freshmen.

IMO, the biggest reason for Clemson's slide at the end of the season was that Phillips and Smith were injured, and the Tigers did not have good enough depth to compensate. South Carolina was in similar straits the previous 2 seasons, in that they had terrible to almost no depth along the OL: had they dealt with key injuries like CU did last season, then it could have been a catastrophe (in '10, King was injured late, but USC had 1 good back-up in Nunn to replace him...King actually was only out for 1 game with a concussion, and could have returned but Nunn was playing so well he wouldn't give up the starting spot)...

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic