Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Johnson says Jackets not intimated playing in Clemson two years in a row
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Johnson says Jackets not intimated playing in Clemson two years in a row

Jul 23, 2013, 10:08 AM

Johnson says Jackets not intimated playing in Clemson two years in a row

When the ACC released the football schedule this past spring, it was easy to see that Georgia Tech would play at Clemson for the second season in a row. However, Tech head coach Paul Johnson says his Jackets have played in plenty of tough environments over the years, and he doesn't worry about things he can't control. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope we don't have anything "intimate" with the Jackets

Jul 23, 2013, 10:12 AM

In all serious, though, how can they run the triple option with the new crack back block rule? PJ's linemen don't know how to do anything but flop around on the ground like fish, which is below the waist.

Refs always seem to give them the benefit of the doubt, though. Maybe this is the year they'll get three straight flags in a series trying to pull that crap.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a big difference between a crackback block and a

Jul 23, 2013, 10:20 AM

chop block.

Re: Hope we don't have anything "intimate" with the Jackets

Jul 23, 2013, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Hope we don't have anything "intimate" with the Jackets ]

You can still do it right after the whistle and inside the tackle box. Nothing will change for them.

Re: Hope we don't have anything "intimate" with the Jackets

Jul 23, 2013, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Hope we don't have anything "intimate" with the Jackets ]

They will have a 7 yard box to flop, fall or jump on the ground in front of our players legs. And it will be legal!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

File this under "Duhhh..." What do you expect him to say?

Jul 23, 2013, 10:19 AM

"yea, we're scared as heck going down there to play..."

Besides, what do they have to be afraid of. Under Dabo, I think they've beaten us more than we've beaten them. Including them ruining an 8-0 start a couple years ago.

LMBO

Jul 24, 2013, 6:17 PM

I agree, why do they even bother to post this stuff...

Re: Front Page Story: Johnson says Jackets not intimated playing in Clemson two years in a row

Jul 23, 2013, 10:23 AM

They should be intimidated to play us in Death Valley! They haven't been too successful against us in DV in a while! Lets go Tigers!

Nobody cares what Paul Johnson thinks.***

Jul 23, 2013, 10:26 AM

Re: Nobody cares what Paul Johnson thinks.***

Jul 23, 2013, 10:36 AM

that's not true. walt deptula and at least 176 fans at gt do.

Playing Georgia Tech/Johnson team fills me with dread

Jul 23, 2013, 10:35 AM

without the typical excitement of playing a good football team.

I just can't stand his offense. I will be glad when he is gone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here, but

Jul 23, 2013, 10:39 AM

I think we've got a good shot at helping PJ take his leave of the Jackets this year by delivering a royal beat-down. You need quick, smart linebackers to stop option offenses like theirs, and I think our linebacking corp will be awesome this year. Good run support guys like Blanks in the secondary doesn't hurt anything either. On offense, we shouldn't have a problem, just as long as Morris steers everyone clear of Attaouchu, who is the best player on their team by a factor of 10. He had a great game against us last time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DTs are going to be blowing it up this year.***

Jul 23, 2013, 11:35 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DTs are going to be blowing it up this year.***

Jul 23, 2013, 3:32 PM

PJ isn't a scrub coach. He knows what to expect from us, and he will have his bee hive ready to turn loose. Will he have enough to stop us, I think not. But rest assured he will be ready. Also, BV knows how to coach our guys around their shin bruising legal chop blocks. Nay will those bee's fly or sting in the Valley of Death. And they will fear the Orange Cats evil claws. Our cups will runneth over with their sweet honey that we will be rippeth from their hive. Surely goodness and mercy will not be with them when they walk into the real Death Valley. Goooooo Tigerssss, sweet honey for our cats, and beer for our coaches and fans!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's hope it won't be our DTs' knees blowing up

Jul 23, 2013, 3:47 PM [ in reply to DTs are going to be blowing it up this year.*** ]

during the GT game!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

To me this is like the youngest sibling standing

Jul 23, 2013, 10:38 AM

in the corner yelling "someone pay attention to me!!"

Because he won't be back for Game 2!***

Jul 23, 2013, 10:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for using a blurry picture of PJ

Jul 23, 2013, 10:40 AM

No one wants to see that face clearly!

He did go on to say...

Jul 23, 2013, 11:18 AM

That he was scared and intimidated by Clowney.

There is that word again..."scared" What a joke.***

Jul 23, 2013, 11:22 AM

honestly though...

Jul 23, 2013, 11:42 AM

This is my second post on this article and uhhh...I didn't bother reading it. I thought that reading the articles title was enough waste of time.

We played in Atlanta 40 straight times between 1902 and 1974

Jul 23, 2013, 3:00 PM

LOL ... I think making them come to our house a couple of times in a row should be okay.

We had only beaten them 7 times during that long, long stretch.

Since first playing them in Clemson in 1974 and beginning home & home status in 1977, we've won 17 games versus Ga Tech.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geez, that's what he should say.***

Jul 23, 2013, 6:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Paul Johnson is a grumpy old curmudgeon!*

Jul 24, 2013, 8:39 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic