Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Gary Girmindl was a true Clemson fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Gary Girmindl was a true Clemson fan

May 26, 2012, 10:44 AM

Gary Girmindl was a true Clemson fan

Gary Girmindl who attended almost every Clemson sporting even since 1978 passed away on Thursday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a great idea to retire his seat and use it as a seat

May 26, 2012, 10:48 AM

of honor.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never met Gary...

May 26, 2012, 11:44 AM

but I feel like I know Gary. We are all part of a large Clemson Family. Gary, you will be missed Brother.

Ever Loyal!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A man that I proudly will always call "my friend."***

May 26, 2012, 11:51 AM

Re: Front Page Story: Gary Girmindl was a true Clemson fan

May 26, 2012, 1:50 PM

I was the Tiger Cub Mascot for 2 years and had the privilege of attending almost all the sporting events in those two years. I'm not sure I remember even some of the Olympic sports without Gary. His presence and jokes were always an encouragement to keep having fun in a hot and sweaty suit and represent Clemson.

May 26, 2012, 5:55 PM

I didn't know him. But after just hearing about him, makes me sorry he is gone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RIP...My Friend

May 27, 2012, 11:19 AM

My Thoughts and Prayers goes out to the Family.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

May 27, 2012, 1:52 PM

I met him at the game Thursday...RIP.

I miss him

May 29, 2012, 9:10 AM

For the last 12 years I knew Gary. When my Uncle Red introduced me during my first year at Clemson in 2000. I would go to eat with them before or after each home game. Always talked about football or wanting to play golf. Over the years I couldn't make but to one game a year if that, I'm just blessed my future bride was able to meet him last year during the UNC game. That was her first Clemson experience and I'm happy she met one of the best.

The last few years I never brought my golf clubs while I went to the games. My schedule didn't allow me time to play, Gary just said, whatever and I would tell him next year...I'm deeply saddened I won't get to play that round with him. I'm just blessed he always wanted to play a round.

You're the best Gary, Thanks!!!!

Thank you TigerNet for this story!

Re: I miss him

May 30, 2012, 3:34 PM

We're you at the Florida St. game with Gman & Red when the Fla. St. buses come through and Gary went running around the buses with the Dillards bag? That was after one of their players was arrested for shop lifting from Dillards. I met Red that day, he was a hoot. What a day, I'll never forget it. I had the honor of knowing Gary for the past 15 years, I bought fire extinguishers from him, he took us to the Walker Course and he was just full blown entertainment.

May 29, 2012, 12:27 PM

Gary has sat below us in the West End Zone for quite a while. He always spoke to us entering or leaving. We will miss him with his "get the ball" when we were on defense. He always had a smile. He could not tolerate people walking, talking or not removing their hat during the National Anthem. He has been seen telling young men to remove their hat in respect. He also shook every hand of every military attendee during military appreciation day and said a hardy thank you! Please don't sell his seat this season. Just drape it in orange and the stars and stripes in his memory. Then give it to a true hardnose Gary type of fan! We loved you Gary and will miss you in the "zone"!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic