Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Competition tightens up at defensive end
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Competition tightens up at defensive end

Mar 14, 2013, 1:02 PM

Competition tightens up at defensive end

The competition between a group of talented defensive ends has been fierce early in spring camp as Vic Beasley, Corey Crawford and Tavaris Barnes battle each other while trying to hold off the freshmen. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Competition tightens up at defensive end

Mar 14, 2013, 1:10 PM

wish I could give Vic my ability to easily gain 20 pounds.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 14, 2013, 1:18 PM

I do not hthink he wants 20# of fat!

Mar 14, 2013, 10:44 PM

Get in the weight room seriously and he could put on 20 on 20 pounds of muscle. But, he won't do it. Sadly, he could be a star. We don't have cr#p for player development. A real disservice to the players.

you are full of it. our players work out as long and hard as

Mar 15, 2013, 7:52 AM

any other team out there. if you don't think that all these guys work their tails off you are kidding yourself- or just trying to rile us up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point, I had no trouble gaining 20 lbs in college

Mar 14, 2013, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Competition tightens up at defensive end ]

due to a strict nutritional plan and workout schedule...fast food and 12 oz. curls

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Good point, I had no trouble gaining 20 lbs in college

Mar 14, 2013, 2:12 PM

Bet you ran a 4.3 on Sunday morning.

null

Bet you I never even saw a Sunday morning***

Mar 14, 2013, 2:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Mar 14, 2013, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Good point, I had no trouble gaining 20 lbs in college ]

He has the frame at 6'3, through proper dieting w/ increase upper and lower body mass will put him around 242-245 weight limit. Increase protein, proper stretching of the entire body increases sides which increses mass which causes a weight increase. This, with some cardio training will maintain or increase his speed while increase his weight. he can get there. I've done this as a former player myself.

Mar 14, 2013, 10:45 PM

LOL

Mar 14, 2013, 1:35 PM

The talent on the lines and LB is outstanding. The depth is going to create tremendous competition....and they're YOUNG! The best part is that we haven't even seen the fall freshman class. My only concern is the secondary. If they can stay healthy and we coach them up, this may be one of the better CU defenses that we have seen in years. And they only are going to keep getting better. Let's hope the O can make up for the losses of Nuk and Andre. If so, look out!

Mar 15, 2013, 6:55 AM

The secondary will be better, we will be at least a top 25/30 defense next year

Hard for me......

Mar 14, 2013, 1:50 PM

to gain 10 pounds and I eat almost everything. Good
to hear we have some rush ends that seem to know what
they are doing now.

One thing we didn't see last year was the "Endy" package

Mar 14, 2013, 1:57 PM

Venables uses that to get 4 DEs on the field at the same time and I think he might be willing to use it now that he has the bodies and talent to pull it off. Barnes and Lawson have played DT at one point in their careers so they could be the inside DE and have Beasly and Ebo/Crawford/Aiken come off the edge.

Re: One thing we didn't see last year was the "Endy" package

Mar 14, 2013, 2:13 PM

Great idea and since the tackles are doing so well also, it is probably not going to be used - a good thing! Yet, I can see Lawson going both end and tackle since he has in the past. Rotate in and out at both positions, keep em fresh unless one's motor is going so well that coach has to keep them in. GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That could make 3rd & long fun to watch!********

Mar 14, 2013, 2:15 PM [ in reply to One thing we didn't see last year was the "Endy" package ]

Hope So...cause its Sucked in the Past***

Mar 14, 2013, 2:28 PM

Re: That could make 3rd & long fun to watch!********

Mar 14, 2013, 10:51 PM [ in reply to That could make 3rd & long fun to watch!******** ]

A defensive tackle really needs to weigh 300 Plus, with the strength to go with it. You can't realistically shuttle in a 260 pound defensive end to the tackle position and expect him to be effective. Our DL is already somewhat under-sized. Get real.

Mar 15, 2013, 6:45 AM

during FSU championship days, they used DLs w/ speed, muscle, and agillity over size. along w/ a national championship. proven late in the LSU bowl game. Their DL was spend down the stretch. Yes, size does help the inside game with team that don't spread the field to much. the college league and the NFL has gone to mustly pass happy league, because defenses like to stack the box on run happy teams or when you get behind in the football game.

Mar 15, 2013, 6:48 AM [ in reply to Re: That could make 3rd & long fun to watch!******** ]

Buddy a lot of teams do his in obvious passing situations, and a DT des not have to weigh 300 plus

Great, now tell us about the DTs, and that picture of

Mar 14, 2013, 4:03 PM

Beasley tackling the Auburn QB, scares me to look at it.

I know nothing happen but it looks like that big OTs knee is coming down on Beasley leg/ankle while it's sticking straight out.

If it had it might have broken his leg.

Mar 14, 2013, 8:28 PM

I hope he can gain 20 lbs in 5 months and still be flexible enough to maintain that elite burst of his. I think he has the frame for it, but anything over 250-255 will probably be pushing it.

I think he'll be up in that area by his senior year and get drafted in the 1st or 2nd as a 3-4 OLB.

Mar 15, 2013, 6:52 AM

Hes at 232 now he can get to 245 before camp and probably end up playing in the high 230s/low 240s throughout the year. A kid like Vic, who is extremely explosive and strong, playing at 240 is comparable to most guys at 260-270 range.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic