Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Boyd exits with a bow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,214

Front Page Story: Boyd exits with a bow

Nov 23, 2013, 8:46 PM

Boyd exits with a bow

Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd left Saturday's game against The Citadel a little later than many fans would have liked, but he did it on his own terms, and exited in his own special way. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nice pic, wasn't on tv coverage.***

Nov 23, 2013, 9:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Boyd exits with a bow

Nov 23, 2013, 9:19 PM

All the records will be overshadowed if he is 0-4 against USuCk. They gotta get amped for this week.

0-3 he only played a few minutes when the game was

Nov 23, 2013, 10:21 PM

already out of hand his RS Freshman year.

No they won't, he will be in the ROH for sure***

Nov 24, 2013, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Boyd exits with a bow ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't believe those ESPN idiots

Nov 23, 2013, 9:31 PM

actually cut away from him at the exact moment he took a bow to the South Stands. That was something I've never seen before and may never see again. It was an awesome, awesome moment. Shame on the TV guys for completely whiffing on the coverage of such a special moment.

Re: I can't believe those ESPN idiots

Nov 23, 2013, 9:42 PM

I also like how he was referred to as "a big time competer"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's on YT

Nov 23, 2013, 11:30 PM [ in reply to I can't believe those ESPN idiots ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7EmLOYESnU

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was there to see it in person, fortunately

Nov 24, 2013, 3:37 PM

But it just defies belief that ESPN cut away at that exact moment.

Nov 23, 2013, 10:02 PM

Tajh Boyd is such a class individual. We are proud to have him represent Clemson University. Wish him the very best!

Nov 23, 2013, 10:08 PM

Thank you Tajh for your dedication, commitment and passion . I grew up in Clemson, graduated from Clemson, my dad was a dean.....i started watching these games from the hill when I was 5...i say this to give perspective: Not since 1981 when I was in Miami at the Orange Bowl have I been so excited about our team. You are why. I DVR College Football Daily and look forward to your appearance. You've made this season special to so many of us. I write this in hopes of you seeing it. I suppose i could send you a Thank You note via the Athletic Dept. Ok, i will...and I'm hoping thousands of others do ad well. Love you Tajh!!

Nov 23, 2013, 10:27 PM

Greatest Clemson quarterback of all time both on and off the field. I can't express how much he means to this program and how much all of us students love Tajh. He will forever be my favorite Clemson Tiger.

Been a fan since 1985

Nov 23, 2013, 10:28 PM

And he is probably the best tiger QB I have seen. He hasn't been perfect, but none of us are. When he was on, he was really on. I am sad to see him go.

It's a team sport so I thought it was inappropriate.

Nov 24, 2013, 5:54 PM

Boyd is good but a big part of the reason that he's set records is because he's had a cast of great teammates (the likes of which Dantzler & Whitehurst never had) and Chad Morris (rather than say, Mike O'Cain & Rob Spence). Since it's a team sport it seemed inappropriate to stop the game and for one player. He and the other seniors had already been honored before the game.

Excessive celebration penalties are given to players for calling too much attention to themselves. But Dabo took a time-out and had a player trot out and call attention to himself. What about his senior teammates? What about the guys who blocked for him or the guys who caught the passes? Didn't they deserve a curtain call? One player above all others in a team sport?

Can anybody explain why that doesn't contradict the "team sport" values that the NCAA, the coaches, and the players promote?

Re: It's a team sport so I thought it was inappropriate.

Nov 25, 2013, 8:52 PM

I'm just glad he is graduating!! Hopefully if Morris stays we can see how our offense is suppose to be run!!!

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,214
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic