Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Back to the Basics
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Back to the Basics

Oct 25, 2013, 11:26 PM

Back to the Basics

The Tigers believe they can bounce back against Maryland after working on the basics this week including getting back to having fun. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't get it...

Oct 25, 2013, 11:46 PM

Watkins:
"We have to show the country we still can come off a big loss and still perform...and hopefully get everyone's attention in the national rankings."

It sounds to me like some of these guys are STILL focused on where we are ranked. Don't let that crap go to your heads. Just play the game and everything will fall into place.

what's fun about a building that turns into a robot?***

Oct 26, 2013, 8:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Awesome^^^^^

Oct 26, 2013, 2:44 PM

Nm

Re: Front Page Story: Back to the Basics

Oct 26, 2013, 12:56 AM

OK before I have read a word of what is being said, I just want to say this. I'm over hearing we have to have fun. That is what has been being said for a few weeks now. If turning the ball over 4 times against any team is having fun, especially with a team like an FSU. Please stop with the fun, and get serious as all H&ll, and have fun at the end of the game. That having fun BS got real old very fast with FSU!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

indeed...

Oct 26, 2013, 5:27 AM

love dabo and what he does..but this fun thing annoys me.you would never hear a coach like nick saban say. "oh hey kids just go out and have some fun".

I would suggest

Oct 26, 2013, 6:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Back to the Basics ]

replacing fun with determination.

Oct 26, 2013, 5:24 AM

Championship teams don't have to "get back to the basics" mid season. Not saying we're terrible just calling it as I see it.

Oct 26, 2013, 6:04 AM

Having Fun.I thought it was about beating your opponent,and winning championships
I guess that's what seperates the Bama's from the rest of
the teams.
Anybody care to tell me when Bama has fun?

It's not time for fun

Oct 26, 2013, 6:30 AM

Bama most certainly has fun, when they're up 35-7. Until that point, they're all business. I don't think a team reaches a level of comfort for "fun" to happen until the game is either well in hand or they're firing on all cylinders and feel a similar outcome is imminent (knowing, not just expecting, to win). To coach "fun" is wrong. Coach determination and sucess instead and fun will take care of itself. Trying to force a mental state on a team that's preoccupied with mistakes and errors is also wrong and doesn't fit. Odd that a coach would even mention fun after the FSU debacle. Dabo is a "fun" coach though.

saban isnt about fun..

Oct 27, 2022, 12:47 AM

he may come off as a prick but hey he wins titles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiM2U9AiQRM

people need to be careful with the term

Oct 26, 2013, 6:48 AM

There are always lighter moments and fun should be allowed when appropriate. But if it's overemphasized what happens to discipline? When discipline slips, the "little" mistakes happen. Saban is an example of the opposite extreme and has a very serious persona that has his disciplined team playing like a machine. A football team, like any company, adopts the personality of it's coach. Not sure a "fun" coach is necessarily good for discipline.

yup..

Oct 26, 2013, 6:56 AM

its like dont be like spurrier all #### all the time.but at the same time.be their coach not their best friends.

Re: yup..

Oct 26, 2013, 7:51 AM

I disagree about everybody jumping on the not having fun band wagon. How about let dabo be dabo. We had an awful game against fsu I agree but to start saying he needs to turn in Sabin or spurrier is crazy. Looked to me on tv before game Jameies was having fun. Look what he did with that.

Oct 26, 2013, 7:53 AM

You didn't witness fun, you saw confidence.

Oct 26, 2013, 8:04 AM

Go read what David hood wrote who was on the sideline beside him before the game. Yes the kid is confident but was having fun.

Oct 26, 2013, 7:48 AM

Why has it taken 7 games to realize offensive players don't understand what they are supposed to be doing?

Oct 26, 2013, 7:54 AM

Too busy having fun. ;)

Oct 26, 2013, 8:10 AM

What happened to Dabo saying "the fun is in the winning"

Oct 26, 2013, 9:11 AM

I agree fully just like in golf or hunting when to area or there enjoying it you play better and see more when hunting but when you get too technical and worry about every little thing then there fun is gone and you don't do as well

I'm just...

Oct 26, 2013, 9:20 AM

excited to see us play today. I feel confident the coaches are having the players focus on execution and avoiding mistakes.

Good article. People are obsessing on the "fun" word.

Oct 26, 2013, 9:35 AM

geez, it's short for being relaxed and confident, playing your game instead of stressing out. Ain't nobody putting the work in to play big-time college football- here, Alabama, nowhere- unless it's fun for them. I hope they have a lot of fun today and the rest of the season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

uhm, no reason to keep believing this is a championship team

Oct 26, 2013, 10:28 AM

championship team's don't turn the ball over 5 times to Boston College, at HOME!

championship team's don't lay the biggest egg in team history against a number 5 team, at HOME!

championship team's aren't built by beating 4 weak teams and crapping the bed when the pressure is on!

The bubble has popped! Time to come to grips. My money is on this team showing the third data point of doom today at 3:30.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Oct 26, 2013, 10:30 AM

Relax..... These guys are in College, competing AND hopefully having fun. Some of the people on this board need to chill out. These are people's children, representing a great school, playing a game. You win some and lose some, everybody does.

I think what the coaches are

Oct 26, 2013, 11:44 AM

Trying to do is take the pressure off the players. When u step into a stadium that has 80000+ people and 10x that watching on TV im sure gets to the players. By helping the players shake the nerves and play to there ability the coaches tell them to just go out and have fun, don't worry about anything else, take time for granted and enjoy the time you have on this field. Heck, when I played high school football I was nervous before games and got caught up in thinking about all my friends and family watching. I don't disagree with what the coaches are telling the players. Its helped us go 17-3 in our last 20 games which is pretty good if u ask me.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic