Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From the Aussies down under!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

From the Aussies down under!!

Oct 22, 2015, 10:16 PM

My wife and I would just like to say a massive thankyou to the Clemson family for being so welcoming we've never experienced anything like it and are so grateful to be included. My wife posted on here a few months ago to help with the planning of the trip and that was our first taste of just how incredible the Clemson family is. The atmosphere was amazing , very loud and can't imagine how the loud the notre dame game would've been! The tailgating was definitely one of the best experiences we had, made some life long friends and the food was awesome! David Hood and his wife Nikki we're so friendly and kind to us and I got to experience a surprise Death Valley tour! I couldn't believe it when I got to stand on the tiger paw. Indescribable. From Tigerama(thankyou Seth for the tickets and now, friendship) to tailgating to stadium to the game I don't think anything I do now will ever match it, such a high and very overwhelming. Can't wait to return and I can't thank you all enough!! Anyone is welcome to come down under and we will gladly look after you, Clemson family goes global!! :) #GoTigers #BeatMiami

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From the Aussies down under!!

Oct 22, 2015, 10:19 PM

Awesome to have you as a part of the Clemson Family! Go Tigers!!!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2015, 6:04 AM

:)

Oct 23, 2015, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Re: From the Aussies down under!! ]

Glad you enjoyed the entire trip. You ought to start an Aussie Clemson Club and pool your funds to come back in mass at some point in the future.

Go Tigers!

Oct 22, 2015, 10:20 PM

You are always welcomed in Clemson....there is something in those hills, and we all no how you feel

Underrated post. Give this guy a thumbs up!

nm

What's the points to posts ratio record?

Oct 22, 2015, 10:44 PM

Can we help this guy set it?

Only one post, nearing 25 points. Keep him going!

Glad to hear you made it home safe and enjoyed your time in The Valley!! Come Back Soon !!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now you are ready to form a Clemson Club down there!

Oct 22, 2015, 10:21 PM

I read the good read on y'all: http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Down-Under-Tigers-Aussies-trek-Clemson-play-14185

Very nice to have you as part of the Clemson Tiger family!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey "FlanTiGER"..don't tell too many Aussies about us, or...

Oct 22, 2015, 10:58 PM

we'll have to start charging you & them for the tailgate drinks & food consumned! Just kidding and read where you & wife were the best international guests that Clemson could have wished for since the entire trip seemed to be a bright Orange from start to finish.

And, I'd assume it's difficult to be an excited Clemson Fan and have to catch up on a game by some contrived means..at such odd hours of the day or night too. Maybe you can do TigerNet during games and stay up with our posts & the score too.

LOL & GoTiGERS..keep ROCKing!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

may not want to be on here during games

Oct 22, 2015, 11:00 PM

It can get infested pretty quick with cluckers.

Awesome post from awesome fans from down under!

Oct 22, 2015, 10:47 PM

Welcome to the Tiger family!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2015, 10:48 PM

Thanks for sharing. I was hoping y'all had a great time and we would get a follow-up on your experience. Clemson is a special place. Safe travels.

Incredible having you and your wife as Tiger fans.....after

Oct 22, 2015, 10:57 PM

serving with Aussie soldiers in Viet Nam and spending R&R in Sydney, I can truly say that love the Aussie citizens. Sydney reminded me of the United States in the 1950's and 60's, my early growing up years! I was welcomed with open arms and am delighted that you received the same treatment here. Come back soon!

glad the weather was good for the game

Oct 22, 2015, 10:57 PM

hope you make it back soon

Really enjoyed reading the story on how you became

Oct 22, 2015, 11:02 PM

a Clemson fan and the awesome trip and Death Valley experience you and your wife experienced. You are already a Super Tiger Fan and hope you experience many more trips to see the Tigers in action.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2015, 11:05 PM

Welcome home my friends. Many blessings to you and your family.

Go Tigers!

A joy having you. As we say down South, y'all come see us!

Oct 22, 2015, 11:10 PM

You hear?

Oct 23, 2015, 6:22 AM

Hi mate, happy to hear about your awesome experience @ Clemson. it is a very special place because of the values, principles, and passion of the Clemson family! my good luck has sent me to Australia on business since the early 90s and most recently - 5 years living in Sydney (Bronte). just amazing!...the surf, the landscape, the healthy Aussie attitude! now living in South America and coming to the Miami game.... will you be attending? happy to catch-up if you are....cheers! Juan Barberis '89 Tiger

Oct 23, 2015, 9:05 AM

Sorry buddy wife and I will be in Charlotte for the game which is a shame would've liked to meet you! Still be watching on TV tho!

Oct 23, 2015, 6:39 AM

I was moved when I read about your first trip to Clemson. After reading the story, I wish I could have been there to personally welcome you into the Clemson Family but it sounds like a lot of my Tiger brothers and sisters took care of you nicely. That is the one thing I hope anyone making their first trip to Clemson would feel....total acceptance and being a part of a huge yet, close family. I am a third generation Clemson alumnus and I count my years at Clemson as some of the best of my life but I love the fact that you "adopted" Clemson in a most unlikely way living in a far away, most unlikely place. Thanks for choosing Clemson, we are not only a bigger but a better family by your choice! I pray for your safe travel back home and until your next visit, God Bless and Go Tigers!!!

Oct 23, 2015, 7:15 AM

Wish I could have met you while you were in the states. Hope you can make it back for the NC game!

Message was edited by: David78®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Oct 23, 2015, 8:50 AM

:) Don't worry we'll be back. Heading back early tomorrow to Charlotte from Charleston to drop of our car head to our hotel. Find a bar grab a beer ?? and watch us play canes! Nothing like watching in person tho.

Oct 23, 2015, 11:46 AM

Not sure if you want to extend your Clemson experience, but the Charlotte Clemson Club has a viewing party for Tiger fans in Charlotte..everyone there will be Tigers: http://alumni.clemson.edu/event/charlotte-clemson-club-viewing-party-3/

Oct 23, 2015, 4:48 PM

Would it be ok if we attended? I just looked up bar in relation to our hotel and it's just a 10min walk!

Of course you all should attend

Oct 24, 2015, 1:27 AM

That's what they are there for. HAVE FUN!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2015, 8:53 AM

Yours is one of the most unique and incredible stories that I can recall regarding Clemson! Though I graduated in '87, my heart races each time I get physically near Clemson University and it warms with the simple thought of our Tigers - just as it has done since I was a little boy! We welcome you into and thank you for joining the Clemson family!

glad you guys had a blast! that's so cool!

Oct 23, 2015, 9:05 AM

now let's hope we all enjoy the rest of the season and postseason!
go tigers !!!!!

Where do you live in Aus??

Oct 23, 2015, 9:06 AM

I have been looking at moving to Brisbane for uni.

Re: Where do you live in Aus??

Oct 23, 2015, 9:09 AM

The major city near us is Newcastle which is 2hrs north of Sydney. Brisbane is a beautiful city. Would be a great place to live!

I served beside Aussies in Desert Storm and Iraq

Oct 23, 2015, 9:16 AM

Absolutely awesome guys.....never laughed so hard in my life. I traded a USMC SSgt rank insignia for an Aussie flag shoulder patch with one of the Aussie grunts and i have it displayed in a plaque on my wall. You folks know how to laugh and truly enjoy life. If you ever come to the San Francisco Bay Area, the beer is on me, though it wont be Fosters since the Aussie boys schooled me that Fosters is, "####### #### water, mate". LOL. Go Tigers!

Re: I served beside Aussies in Desert Storm and Iraq

Oct 23, 2015, 9:25 AM

I served beside them in Viet Nam and are truly some of the best allies we have. Love the Aussies.

Thank YOU for showing up when so many ran away from serving

Oct 23, 2015, 9:35 AM

You Nam vets we will ALWAYS look up to, brother....the Aussies are salt of the earth, no BS people.

Re: Thank YOU for showing up when so many ran away from serving

Oct 23, 2015, 9:37 AM

Thanks

Thank you.***

Oct 23, 2015, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Thank YOU for showing up when so many ran away from serving ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep - Aussies were fine soldiers & looked great in their

Oct 23, 2015, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: I served beside Aussies in Desert Storm and Iraq ]

Bush hats. Served with them again in UN middle east peacekeeping.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This actually made me sit back and smile--

Oct 23, 2015, 9:19 AM

Thanks for sharing Mate! Cheers!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger World Wide! The PAW says it ALL!***

Oct 23, 2015, 9:21 AM

?? Looks like an Aussie has a HOF post! ??

Oct 23, 2015, 9:25 AM

Go??TiGERS Everywhere!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How close are you to Rothbury, New South Wales?

Oct 23, 2015, 9:29 AM

I have a cousin, that's a Clemson alum, that lives there.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: How close are you to Rothbury, New South Wales?

Oct 23, 2015, 3:57 PM

Wow really? About a 35min drive!

Oct 23, 2015, 11:08 AM

Welcome to the family and glad to see you got the experience of a lifetime!! The story was awesome...and your wife was awesome to do that for you. GO Tigers

Welcome to the family!

Oct 23, 2015, 11:28 AM

This is best family in college football. I have been a part of it for 32 years now and there is no other place like Clemson.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic