Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From Tom Luganville ESPiN's national director of scouting.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

From Tom Luganville ESPiN's national director of scouting.

Jul 9, 2012, 7:44 PM

Interview today on ESPiN's College Football Live

"Well I think, and I've gotten to know Robert Nkemdiche over the last several months, as has our staff. We've selected him for the UA All American Game and I can tell you wholeheartedly this is completely out of character from the young man we know.

This is not a player that has off the field issues, has not had illegal substance issues, has not had character issues.

He has not come up in an idea home environment. He has weathered that storm, has handled pressure, he has handled the media blitz and all the exposure that come with being a high profile prospect and so, what I really think happened here, Joe, is, I think what he was trying to get across was that, and maybe he didn't put in correct context, is that, maybe this would be the icing on the cake to my commitment to Clemson if I could have this young man with me. He is a good friend of mine.

And, I think it's been taken and probably read between the lines and made out to be more of an ultimatum far more than any way, shape or form than this young man meant it to be."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From Tom Luganville ESPiN's national director of scouting.

Jul 9, 2012, 7:48 PM

I am glad someone finally stood up for the kid, it would have been a violation for our coaches to do so.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2012, 7:49 PM

Espn has somebosy that uses common sense that works for them wow...didnt realize good for him

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Luginbill***

Jul 9, 2012, 7:53 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Right. My bad.***

Jul 9, 2012, 7:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The guy straight up put words into his mouth until Nkemdiche

Jul 9, 2012, 7:59 PM

said what he wanted to hear and then ran with it. Then the ESPN spin machine took over and the rest is history. I don't think he knew or meant what he was saying.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly! A couple of days ago I posted that he probably

Jul 9, 2012, 8:05 PM

meant it in the sense that it would be the ultimate if Carter got offered, which is basically what Lugin bill is saying. I hope all of this doesn't make RN long for a fresh start and jjust open up his recruiting because I know he wants to play for Clemson.

This is a good Christian kid.

Jul 9, 2012, 8:07 PM

One of the most profound things he said was that he made a spiritual connection with Dabo. I don't see him going back on his word for love nor money.

Jul 9, 2012, 8:23 PM

One thing that Clemson family needs to understand is that the English language is difficult for even those who are native born. Half of you rednecks could not even express yourself if you were not alumni. My wife is from S America, and she has been speaking English for quite a while, but she still has a problem expressing exactly what she means. There is no doubt in mine that Robert was not trying to say anything more than how great it would be if Carter got an offer, too. Life is tough and people are jealous of one of the most fantastic universities in the South. We need to support this new addition to CU family.

Sounds like a lot of people belittling the fact that the #1

Jul 9, 2012, 8:38 PM

prospect chose Clemson over all the rest. It's driving them crazy.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: Sounds like a lot of people belittling the fact that the #1

Jul 9, 2012, 9:51 PM

Thats what I've been saying. They just don't get it! They don't understand why Clemson University is such a special place.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey man where is your wife from?

Jul 9, 2012, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Re: From Tom Luganville ESPiN's national director of scouting. ]

I have been living with a girl from Colombia for a while. Anyway, I saw this and just had to ask.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course - that's all this ever was.***

Jul 9, 2012, 9:06 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

ESPiN ran with the story when the AJC broke it.

Jul 9, 2012, 9:31 PM

I think they really tried to make up ground because of their incompetent action. You might want to record College football live so as to listen to the guy's humble tone. It was apologetic at least.

CFL is on ESPiNU a couple of time during the day. It's the same broadcast until tomorrow at 3:30 PM when a new episode airs.

College Football Live is on ESPNU again at midnight***

Jul 9, 2012, 9:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2012, 9:48 PM

Dear Mr. Nkemdiche,

in reference to your comment about no longer talking to reporters...please see attached comments from espn's college football live.

sincerely,

espn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic