Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From Athlon...Maybe Old News
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,402

From Athlon...Maybe Old News

May 8, 2018, 10:09 AM

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-toughest-games-clemsons-college-football-schedule-2018

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From Athlon...Maybe Old News

May 8, 2018, 10:26 AM

I think they have South Carolina way too high, particularly at home. My ranking:

12. Furman
11. Georgia Southern
10. Wake Forest
9. Syracuse
8. Duke
7. South Carolina
6. Boston College
5. Georgia Tech
4. Texas A&M
3. Louisville
2. NC State
1. Florida State

May 8, 2018, 10:32 AM

I like your list for the most part. I would flip USC and Georgia Tech and I would flip Texas A&M with NC State since that game in on the road and in week 2 (when we still might be figuring out who is QB)

As for USC and Georgia Tech, I just don't think GT is any good and it won't be that much of a road game since we are so close and bring a ton of fans to Atlanta and USC is a rivalry game and always very difficult for that reason alone.

Other than that I think you were spot on and even the 2 that I flipped weren't glaring errors, just my personal opinion.

May 8, 2018, 10:39 AM

When do we play USC ?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2018, 10:47 AM

Probably not anytime soon since they’re breaking in a new qb. If anything, my dark horse is Arizona st.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2018, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: From Athlon...Maybe Old News ]

Agree with you on NCSU at #2. They've been very close the last few and you don't need too long a memory to recall all the times they ruined FSU's seasons.

May 8, 2018, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Re: From Athlon...Maybe Old News ]

I think that reflects a lot of what happened last year, and some of those teams are substantially different heading into 2018

1. @FSU - They'll have the most talented roster for sure and it is a road game. It depends on how long it takes the new staff to implement their schemes, but it is later in the year so they should be ready.

2. @A&M - Given Jimbo's familiarity with our team and scheme he'll have a talented team ready to play early in the season in a tough environment.

Those are really the only games I think we have a chance to lose. There's a substantial talent drop off after those teams to the rest of our schedule along with those being road games.

3. @BC - They gave us fits last year until they wore out and their offense improved after we played them. I don't think they lost as much as some of the other teams and it's up there where it's tough for players to get motivated.

4. SC - They are getting better, they play harder and are more disciplined and they get some weapons on offense this year. It shouldn't be much of a game at home though.

5-8 (@GT, @WAKE, CUSE, NCSU) Hard to differentiate any of these. Wake still has the core of a solid team from last year that played us tough, but the talent gap is too much overall. GT should be improved if healthy, but that offense should be no match here against our D-line. NCSU lost RB's and all the DL. The QB will still be good, but I think they lose to much to compete with us here. Cuse should also improve and plays a style that we don't handle well at times and will attack us where we are weak with a lot of quick passing. However the game being here and the revenge factor are too much.

9-10 Louisville/Duke - L'Ville is just a bad football team without Lamar Jackson. I'll be surprised if they win 6 games next year. I think we hammer them here. Same with Duke.

11-12 Furman / Ga Southern

May 8, 2018, 11:28 AM

It is news to me that we've won 5 straight at Bobby Dodd!

Athlon can see the future!

May 8, 2018, 11:51 AM

nm

I Like How Kyle Field is The Reason TAMU is Going to be Hard

May 8, 2018, 11:35 AM

Jimbo is not a great game coach, good recruiter yes. This Tiger team has played on stages FAR BIGGER than Kyle Field over the last 4 years. Tigers take care of business at TAMU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2018, 11:51 AM

Nice, thanks for posting. +1

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think there are 6 games that will be

May 8, 2018, 1:21 PM

tougher than the coots, maybe more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

May 8, 2018, 1:38 PM

Syracuse at 10? wow we are already undermining our schedule. They were the only ACC team that beat us last year and they are near the bottom of the list? what a joke

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,402
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic