Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Free trial- who you using? Hulu, PS Vue, Youtube?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Free trial- who you using? Hulu, PS Vue, Youtube?

Aug 26, 2019, 9:58 AM

I'm still deciding

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Free trial- who you using? Hulu, PS Vue, Youtube?

Aug 26, 2019, 10:01 AM

I dropped ATT last Wednesday and started with YoutubeTV. So far, it's been seamless - not an issue whatsoever. I honestly think the clarity is better than my old U-verse (using a Roku Premiere 4k I got from Walmart for $44). Would highly recommend it - don't miss cable in the least.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2019, 10:06 AM

I use Sling, but with no ACC network we're going to give Hulu a try this weekend. If it is good, we'll dump Sling and sign up for good with Hulu. Can't do YoutubeTV because I use a firestick.

Aug 26, 2019, 11:34 AM

You can’t do you tube tv if you have an amazon smart tv or fire stick?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correctamundo

Aug 26, 2019, 11:36 AM

https://tv.youtube.com/learn/devices/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

That’s some corporate BS.

Aug 26, 2019, 11:40 AM

So I guess I need to go Hulu live to get ACC network?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2019, 10:07 AM

Hulu doesn't have ABC as a live channel so that is a knock on them for college football viewing.

I have heard PS Vue is not easy to navigate.

I'm planning to make the switch to Youtube TV in the next week. My brother got it last week and loves it so far.

Aug 26, 2019, 11:02 AM

TigersO said:

Hulu doesn't have ABC as a live channel so that is a knock on them for college football viewing.

I have heard PS Vue is not easy to navigate.

I'm planning to make the switch to Youtube TV in the next week. My brother got it last week and loves it so far.

I didn't realize Hulu didn't have ABC in all areas. I have it on mine with the local Atlanta affiliate. The interface is a little odd, although I've gotten used to it and don't have an issue. I prefer Hulu to Sling (which I tried in the past). Not familiar with YouTube TV or PSVue.

Likewise, I do not have a 'live' ABC channel in the

Aug 26, 2019, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Free trial- who you using? Hulu, PS Vue, Youtube? ]

Greenville/Spartanburg area. However, it is my understanding that you can watch the ABC live game broadcast via the ESPN app. Hulu is owned by Disney. ESPN and ABC are also owned by Disney.

I am using the Roku Streaming Stick + (HD/4K/HDR)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Aug 26, 2019, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Free trial- who you using? Hulu, PS Vue, Youtube? ]

I may be mistaken but I’ve had Hulu live for a few weeks and so far I can see my local channel in the CSRA. Haven’t watched a game on it yet but I have watched local news.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I went with youtube tv.

Aug 26, 2019, 10:16 AM

Not the best interface, but I've had no problems at all with the video quality or buffering, and that is saying something because the internet at my house is not the best (best available, but that's another story).

Pretty happy with it so far.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2019, 10:44 AM

I have had PS Vue for a while now and like it very much. All the locals plus sports in the Core package. DVR service included. Approx $55. I recommend it based on my exp

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2019, 10:52 AM

I'll be trying YouTubeTV in a few days....and if I like what I see, cord cutting may become an option in my household pretty soon.

Aug 26, 2019, 11:01 AM

Hulu- Sign up was quick and easy - Have not actually watched the Channel yet... Will report back with quality.

Aug 26, 2019, 11:07 AM

Switched to YouTube TV. Canceling cable for our TV today. Will save $50/month! Excellent HD image and all the channels we need. We have one smart TV and one regular so still have to get a Firestick for the regular tv but the we are set.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think a Firestick will work with YouTube TV until

Aug 26, 2019, 11:32 AM

later this year, so go with Roku or whatever instead

https://tv.youtube.com/learn/devices/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

After many years with Direct TV

Aug 26, 2019, 11:13 AM

I finally kicked that junk to the curb last week, and have been using Hulu for about 2 weeks. Been reading a lot of good stuff about YouTube TV on here, so may try that at some point. Since I'm new to streaming I'm currently learning the Hulu interface, and will probably stick with it for a bit. So far Hulu has been great, and I can only kick myself so many times for waiting so long to switch.

Aug 26, 2019, 11:23 AM

Hulu live trial started last night using with Apple TV gen 4. So far so good. Will trial YouTube and ps vue before making a decision.

Hulu Here..Not Thrilled with the interface

Aug 26, 2019, 11:43 AM

The actual broadcast is a really good quality, but I don't like the way the menu works. Seem's a little too complex than it needs to be.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Aug 26, 2019, 11:53 AM

So far so good in Hulu. I may try YouTube later.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic