Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Media Day Notebook: Gashed noses, SI covers, and slaying the dragon
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

TNET: Media Day Notebook: Gashed noses, SI covers, and slaying the dragon

Jan 2, 2019, 12:31 PM

Media Day Notebook: Gashed noses, SI covers, and slaying the dragon

Clemson’s starting 11 on both offense and defense met with the media Wednesday morning as part of the Tigers’ National Championship Media Day, and we have some team-related nuggets to pass along. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you not love Renfrow...***

Jan 2, 2019, 1:30 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: How do you not love Renfrow...***

Jan 3, 2019, 6:46 AM

Just unbelievable selflessness in a world of “me first”! I would expect nothing less from one with the character Renfrow seems to be. He’s in my all time top 3! And I’m an old school Tiger who watched Fuller play back in the day. My top 5
1. Watson
2. Spiller
3. Renfrow
4. Fuller
5. Whitehurst
Honorable mention: Danztler

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Marty Smith's wife was in his driveway holding a 7 iron

Jan 2, 2019, 1:31 PM

the iPhone story doesn't hold up

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I love Hunter but...

Jan 2, 2019, 2:24 PM

I really hope it does not come down to a game-winning kick.

Re: I love Hunter but...

Jan 3, 2019, 8:46 AM

I agree FG and Punt have been terrible

Free Dex!

Jan 2, 2019, 2:32 PM

My aunt bought a Lowry seasoned salt the other day. It has Ostarine. I still don't understand how this is such a big deal. And the rule about the appeal is ridiculous:
"The NCAA will not consider “the type or amount of banned substance detected through the drug test, evidence of the student-athlete’s good character, the degree of remorse demonstrated by the student-athlete, family hardship or history of family dysfunction, and the degree to which the banned substance may or may not affect athletic performance” as mitigating factors." (per Manie Robinson, Greenville News)

Is she a powerlifting princess? Seriously though

Jan 3, 2019, 2:33 AM

I see your point as it seems kind of like in this case we are getting hit by the letter of the law instead of the intent behind the rule.
Incidentally I found out a prescription drug I'm currently taking leaves traces in a drug test. (Won't say what it is but it's a very popular med for sufferers of thyroid disorders)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Free Dex!

Jan 3, 2019, 7:07 AM [ in reply to Free Dex! ]

I’ve searched the net for evidence supporting that Lawry’s seasoning Salt contains Ostarine & couldn’t finals anything to back up your claim. If it were only that easy. Lawrys ingredients are: “Salt, Sugar, Paprika, Turmeric, Onion, Corn Starch, Garlic, and extractives of paprika.” I contacted Lawry’s, and they replied:”to add such an ingredient, would be against FDA law to do so, without listing it on the label. We would then have to market our product as a supplement, and not a food flavoring” to quote the representative. Anyone wishing to do so, can call: 1-800-9LAWRYS (1-800-952-9797), or visit Lawry’s.com I am in no way a employee of Lawry’s. I just did my homework after reading this claim. It’s now debunked. Unfortunately. I want to see our three cleared as bad as the next. But, useful information on everyday sources of ostarine would be even more helpful! Galloway has the most to lose being a freshman. We need these three young men exonerated ASAP! Let’s go beat Bama! Go Tigers!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Retraction

Jan 3, 2019, 4:12 PM

You are correct, sir, and I apologize for letting my bad eyes gloss over the small print. It is oleoresin that is in the seasoned salt. I felt like a total doofus now... is this what it feels like to be a shamecock fan?

Re: TNET: Media Day Notebook: Gashed noses, SI covers, and slaying the dragon

Jan 2, 2019, 3:13 PM

So ..... Pantene shampoo doesn’t contain Ostarine ... Lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 2, 2019, 3:20 PM

The NCAA is full of crap. It shouldn't be the burden of Clemson to prove a negative. You can't prove a negative. They should have to prove he knowingly took illegal substances.

Jan 2, 2019, 3:39 PM

Per the NCAA requiring that the Tigers prove the substance was unknowingly ingested...how do you prove something you don’t know??? NCAA way too heavy-handed. There should be serious thought given to the character assassination they are putting these young men through.

The NCAA is openly discriminating...The 3 players are being

Jan 2, 2019, 3:42 PM

banned from playing because some substance got in their body by a company who didn’t disclose what they were ingesting! So, the NCAA is saying, No you 3 can’t play unless u lawyer up and put up a convincing argument that u didn’t know what u had ingested??? No burden on the company that didn’t disclose what was in its product???? That is complete discrimination against Clemson University and our athletic department & I think every alumni who buys tickets (or spends any money going to games) should participate in a class action lawsuit against the NCAA for discrimination against our team! The NCAA is knowingly discriminating against our University athletic program that we all support financially through tickets, travel, merchandise sales, etc. By their act of discrimination, they are withholding our institution’s ability to field our best team and not allowing us, as alumni, to obtain the full value of our financial investments!

The NCAA is openly discriminating

Jan 2, 2019, 3:47 PM

I'd tell them when they properly punish UNC, we'll keep DL90 on the side line. Until then,

go pee in a cup.

Re: The NCAA is openly discriminating

Jan 3, 2019, 6:34 AM

Maybe Clemson should offer free Ostarine to the general student population and we could use the UNcheat defense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The NCAA is openly discriminating...The 3 players are being

Jan 3, 2019, 12:56 AM [ in reply to The NCAA is openly discriminating...The 3 players are being ]

I had a post a few days back suggesting that Dex and others sue the NCAA, and that they behin by seeking a court ordered injunction for a stay on the ruling until there is time to properly make their case. I think that everyone related to CU and these players is sitting on their hands and saying they are doing all they can. Bull crap. Put the NCAA on the defensive. I can maybe understand CU being a little reluctant, but what do the players have to lose? Time is running out. Time to play some offense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I use Pantene too!

Jan 2, 2019, 3:52 PM

I also donated 12" of my hair to their Beautiful Lengths program for women with cancer. The program offers wigs for free, unlike others.

Maybe TL can do the same!

I used to when I had hair on my head, but I've got a BA

Jan 2, 2019, 4:17 PM

beard to make up for no hair on my head. I use zeus beard shampoo ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m just an armchair lawyer

Jan 3, 2019, 8:20 AM

Doesn’t the part about the school proving that they provided ostarine open up a door for a fulll blown investigation into Clemson having an institutional doping issue?

I don’t actuallly think that’s the case, but if the school has to openly say they did it to prove the players didn’t know, it seems like it would open a whole new can of worms

Re: I’m just an armchair lawyer

Jan 3, 2019, 9:45 AM

No, it just means we have to find the contaminated source and it may be a school approved supplement that got tainted or something no one suspected could have contained the ostarine, like energy drinks, salt tablets, or epson salt in the bath. Finding the source is the key and the bad thing is, they may not ever find it.

In fairness there is a positive test for it. So that is why the burden of proof is on the school and players. There are enough cases of trace tests from unsuspected sources that there needs to be a thorough review of the test and policy. Maybe a trace threshold and time between tests that make it unlikely that a useful dose could have been taken.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2019, 9:42 AM

Never would have guessed Pantene.....TL looks like more of a bouncin' & behavin' Pert guy.....

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic