Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fox Sports 1 is making progress to really challenge ESPN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,319

Fox Sports 1 is making progress to really challenge ESPN

Aug 14, 2013, 8:59 PM

Had an estimated 45 million homes lined up before making a deal with Time Warner, Dish, and DirecTV. Now that have about 85 million homes. Hopefully now their coverage and opinions beat out ESPN's and the Reign of Terror will end.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My main issue with them is Pac 12 stuff. I just enjoy the

Aug 14, 2013, 9:06 PM

SEC and ACC matchups being from South Carolina. Hopefully the new channel will not just focus on Big 12 and Pac 12.

Re: My main issue with them is Pac 12 stuff. I just enjoy the

Aug 15, 2013, 6:00 AM

But the ACC has a contract with the YES network. The YES network is owned by News Corps as well as FS1 is. I may be wrong, but I would believe it be in the best interest for FS1 to pump the ACC as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trevor Pryce will be on this network (w/ Regis Philbin)

Aug 14, 2013, 9:15 PM

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/july/cast-announced-for-regis-philbin-s-fox-sports-1-show.html

Unpredictable, unconventional and irreverent are three adjectives that describe CROWD GOES W!LD, FOX Sports 1’s new, original sports discussion and analysis program, and all most-definitely describe five eclectic personalities named today to join renown host Regis Philbin when the show premieres on Monday, Aug. 19.

Veteran Wall Street Journal sports columnist Jason Gay; professional tennis player turned comedian Michael Kosta; two-time Super Bowl Champion and four-time Pro Bowl defensive end Trevor Pryce; and Sky Sports host and news anchor Georgie Thompson, along with Guyism.com personality and YouTube sensation Katie Nolan serving as social media correspondent, team with Regis to come at the day’s sports news and issues with conversation more lively, more entertaining and less argumentative than current offerings.

“There are sports news shows, debate shows and shows that present a single point-of-view, but CROWD GOES W!LD is aiming for a fresh approach,” said Executive Producer Michael Davies. “CROWD GOES W!LD is going to live in the moment, presenting multiple points of view, with the conversation often influenced by the audience through social interaction. Regis, Jason, Michael, Trevor, Georgie and Katie will embrace the freedom and spontaneity this free-flowing, less staid, format offers and I have no doubt fans will too.”

In addition to featuring conversation directed by its panelists’ contrasting viewpoints and social interaction with viewers, the alternative CROWD GOES W!LD (@CGW) welcomes in-studio guests from sports and entertainment, and incorporates every asset FOX Sports offers, ranging from live satellite interviews with on-air personalities to cast members serving as correspondents at major events.

here's his bio

Aug 14, 2013, 9:18 PM

http://msn.foxsports.com/watch/crowd-goes-wild/story/trevor-pryce-080113

Trevor Pryce
FOX SPORTS

Aug 13, 2013 8:19 PM ET
PRYCE,TREVOR,1
Kevin Lynch-
@Trevor_Pryce
Former NFL standout Trevor Pryce mixes it up daily on Crowd Goes Wild.

Pryce, a two-time Super Bowl champion (1997 and '98) and four-time Pro Bowl defensive end, played 14 seasons in the NFL for the Denver Broncos, Baltimore Ravens and the New York Jets.

Pryce was drafted out of Clemson University in the first round of the 1997 NFL Draft by the Denver Broncos. The Broncos won back-to-back Super Bowls in Trevor's first two NFL seasons. In 1999, he notched a career-high 13 sacks and was voted to his first of four consecutive Pro Bowls (1999-2002).

Pryce recorded 336 tackles and 91 sacks in his career. In 2009, he was named to the Denver Broncos' 50th Anniversary Team.

Pryce is an accomplished writer. He sold a children's screenplay about wishes -- born out of a conversation with his daughter -- to Sony Pictures. He recently wrote his first children's book, titled An Army of Frogs: A Kulipari Novel. He has also appeared in The New York Times.

Pryce taught himself to play keyboard and drums and built a recording studio in his home. He owns an independent music label, Outlook Music Co.

He resides in Ellicott City, Md., with his wife, Sonya, and their three children, Khary, Kamryn and Trevor Pryce III.

Re: Fox Sports 1 is making progress to really challenge ESPN

Aug 14, 2013, 9:18 PM

You don't even need them to "beat" ESPN. You just need them to challenge them. I personally enjoy ESPN, but there's room for improvement. If Fox can legitimately challenge them, then it forces ESPN to rethink how they do some things.

If Fox Sports 1 obliterates ESPN, then things won't get any better. Everyone will just start to hate Fox News 1.

If FN1 wants to make a run at taking college football coverage from ESPN, they should take this advice: do everything they can to get their hands on Yahoo Sports. Best college football coverage by far IMO.

Anything is better than ESecPN

Aug 14, 2013, 9:19 PM

And their liberal left wing bull shizz nizzle

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

best line I've seen so far by media...

Aug 14, 2013, 9:21 PM

"21st Century FOX is hoping that FOX Sports 1 will be able to challenge ESPN in the future and with their all-star cast of hosts and analysts they have a real chance of reaching their goal — especially if the programming avoids non-stop talk about Tim Tebow, LeBron James and how the two could magically breed to make the most physically gifted, well-mannered pro athlete in the history of the world."

LMAO...think much?***

Aug 14, 2013, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Anything is better than ESecPN ]

Re: Anything is better than ESecPN

Aug 14, 2013, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Anything is better than ESecPN ]

ESPN is a liberal, left wing organization?

Umm...what?

If it will lessen ESPN's ability to influence rankings,

Aug 14, 2013, 9:24 PM

and skew things in favor of the SEC than it will be good for college football.

Too bad the ACC jumped on board with the Devil - I mean ESPN***

Aug 14, 2013, 9:27 PM

Re: Fox Sports 1 is making progress to really challenge ESPN

Aug 14, 2013, 9:27 PM

2014 Mercedes (ESPN) versus a 1980 Honda Civic (Fox). It will take 10-12 years for Fox to sniff success against ESPN in college sports. Almost 2-generations of kids/young adults are embedded into the monster ESPN programming and successes, and they own just about every college conference's soul. Fox will find their fortune in the NFL and MLB now and into the future.

I'm just looking forward to less NBA worship***

Aug 14, 2013, 9:29 PM

Re: I'm just looking forward to less NBA worship***

Aug 15, 2013, 8:09 AM

True, I doubt Fox Sports 1 will have much NBA news if they don't have a contract...but I'm not sure what's wrong with having lots of NBA coverage on ESPN? Basketball is easily the second most popular sport in the country after football, and college basketball is horrible...so of course they're going to show lots of NBA stuff during basketball season.

Not only that but TNT broadcasts several NBA games a week

Aug 15, 2013, 10:36 AM

as well as ABC, although it is "ESPN on ABC."

It wouldn't make sense to have TNT, ESPN, ABC, and FN1 to show games every week.

I am so tired of hearing about the NBA year around

Aug 15, 2013, 10:06 AM [ in reply to I'm just looking forward to less NBA worship*** ]

It never fails, any time I turn on the TV or Radio, they're talking about the ###### NBA. I. Don't. Care, nor do most Americans.

Regis Philbin?!

Aug 15, 2013, 10:28 AM

Are they joking?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe there is a chance....

Aug 14, 2013, 9:46 PM

A slight chance albeit, that FOX 1...

hasn't been pimped out by the "SEC" yet!?!

What a refreshing idea: A non biased sports channel.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They've got the households, now they just need programming

Aug 15, 2013, 4:19 AM

They need to get some rights away from ESPN from some of the big name sports or no one is gonna tune in for their other shows either. I know it takes time, but right now here is their initial lineup:

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/page/foxsports-schedule

That reminds of of the TV station that cranked up

Aug 15, 2013, 9:13 AM

in the upstate in 1983. It may have been a Fox station...Fox 21? They didn't have many advertisers, I guess, so there weren't many commercials, just a banner on the screen with the station logo. The only show I remember airing was He-man.

Umm, don't get your hopes up. Fox's plan is to take a much

Aug 15, 2013, 9:35 AM

more casual and less serious approach than ESPN... seriously. Regis is even getting an hour long show.

"To develop a product that will entice viewers from ESPN’s SportsCenter, Fox executives and producers have been studying how to reinvent the format. Fox has done extensive focus group research, interviewing thousands of sports fans and asking them which existing media group could develop a potential competitor to ESPN. The sessions showed that sports fans had high regard for Fox, largely because of its NFL coverage. They were growing tired of ESPN’s stat-happy approach and wanted a funnier, more irreverent take—hence “jockularity.” “If you look at a show like SportsCenter, there’s a seriousness to it that is reminiscent of old pregame shows. We feel like we can come in and give you the same information, but do it in a way that is so much more entertaining and fun,” says Robert Gottlieb, senior vice president of marketing and on-air promotion."

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-07-18/fox-sports-1s-strategy-vs-dot-espn-jockularity

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,319
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic