Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fowl Sportsmanship at SCAR
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,910

Fowl Sportsmanship at SCAR

Jan 21, 2016, 2:27 PM

Wa wa wa. I feel this is the first sporting event this girl ever attended.

Letter to the Editor: "Fowl Shot" promotion endorses poor sportsmanship

This weekend I attended the men’s basketball game against Missouri with some friends. It was a good game to watch, and I had a great time supporting my school’s team; however, I was absolutely appalled by the portrayal of unsportsmanlike conduct that not only our fans but our administration exhibited.

During the second half, it was announced that a Chick-Fil-A sponsored “Fowl Shot” was in place, meaning that if our guests, Missouri, missed two consecutive foul shots, the crowd would receive a free Chick-Fil-A sandwich at participating locations. I, along with almost the entire crowd of people at the Columbia Life Arena that day, came to support the Gamecocks, not to tear down the Missouri Tigers.

If it were not enough poor sportsmanship to have the student section collectively yell “sucks,” after each starting player from our guest team was announced, the administration and a popular fast food restaurant involved themselves in the degradation of our opposing team, to whom the scoreboard refers as “guests.”

I love my school and love supporting our sports teams, but I do not agree with the sports management administration encouraging fans to cheer for our opponent’s failure. Why not make the “Fowl Shot” promotion for the Gamecocks scoring two consecutive shots, or making multiple 3-point shots? It would be great incentive for the team to make those shots because they know how much the crowd loves free food, and great incentive for the crowd to cheer on the players.

This seemingly small move marked not only the crowd as unsportsmanlike, but our school as a whole. Missouri may have been our opponent that day, but they were also the guest team and deserved to be treated as such.

— Paige Pierce, a third-year public health major

http://www.dailygamecock.com/article/2016/01/letter-to-the-editor-fowl-shot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Possibly mugshot?

Jan 21, 2016, 2:28 PM

https://www.justmugshots.com/south-carolina/myrtle-beach/16084947

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she has a record, she could definitely be a coot

Jan 21, 2016, 2:39 PM

That pig is kinda hawt, though. Most sakerlina students has the ugly. hth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

she's hot??

Jan 21, 2016, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Possibly mugshot? ]

So that was her first taste of how lamecock fans are. How was the good?
GO TIGERS!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fowl Sportsmanship at SCAR

Jan 21, 2016, 2:34 PM

Ok...ok....ok ....

But did they get the free nuggets ?

DB23

It's the gamecock way...

Jan 21, 2016, 2:35 PM

ain't nobody be teachin' no sportsmanship to no youngins in the trailer park.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

I know it's fun to criticize the coots, but this seems

Jan 21, 2016, 2:40 PM

pretty tame to me. Between that dumb girl and the dumb girl who wrote a letter criticizing Cam Newton for throwing the 12 flag, it's getting ridiculous. Just another example of this participation trophy society where people need safe spaces and entitlements.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Fowl Sportsmanship at SCAR***

Jan 21, 2016, 2:42 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

And this is how we get 8 years of Obama

Jan 21, 2016, 3:21 PM

nm

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Jan 21, 2016, 3:29 PM

I'm guessing that growing up she was proud of her participation awards.

Maybe she sould have her own "safe space" for bball games***

Jan 21, 2016, 3:34 PM

Screw Calford.

Re: Maybe she sould have her own "safe space" for bball games***

Jan 21, 2016, 3:38 PM

Don't be mean to the opponent. The opposition.

Wonder if she knows that funning with the enemy has been a part of sporting events since two chimps learned to fling their Spurrier at one another ?

DB23

Jan 21, 2016, 3:40 PM

Well you know one thing for sure, this person has never been to a football game at that school!

Jan 21, 2016, 3:41 PM

I could not agree more. It's one thing for students to engage in certain antics, but
to have the administration support missed shots by the opposition is uncalled for, and
yes, I would say the same thing if it were Clemson doing it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She's obviously unfamilar with the average $CU fan***

Jan 21, 2016, 3:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

She should go sit in the USuCk student section during

Jan 21, 2016, 3:57 PM

a Clemson or UGA football game--she'd have a heart attack.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,910
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic