Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone know about Hotspot shield, not working
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,074

Anyone know about Hotspot shield, not working

Sep 16, 2016, 4:24 PM

I can't get it to work, it's just telling me my IP is not in the US even though I have it set to US. Now ESPN watch won't work at all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone know about Hotspot shield, not working

Sep 16, 2016, 7:16 PM

Not familiar with that particular ip mask but often apps used for video streaming wont work with them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Found this on another fan site. No experience myself but was considering it

Sep 16, 2016, 7:20 PM

For those of us with a login to ESPN3 who live in Alabama or Florida, as you probably know already, the game will be blacked out and thus unavailble on ESPN3.
There is a very easy workaround for this.
Goto http://www.hotspotshield.com/ and download the FREE version. Once installed, close your browser and activate hotspotshield. This will run your IP address through a proxy server typicall in NY or CA. Thus when you log in to ESPN3, their servers see you as a user in one of those states and thus the game will not be blacked out.
Typically after I activate hotspotshield, I go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ to check to see which proxy location I am running though. If it tells you it is a state other than AL or FL, you are good to proceed to ESPN3 and enjoy. If by chance it is AL, FL or somewhere outside of the US, deactivate hotspot shield, re-enable it and check your location again at http://whatismyipaddress.com/.
I am in Mobile, AL and as you can see from the attached picture, once activated, it shows me as being located in San Gabriel, CA (ie. not blacked out).
About as easy as it gets, assuming you already have access to ESPN3 content

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Found this on another fan site. No experience myself but was considering it

Sep 16, 2016, 8:13 PM

Thanks for that, very informative but still acting jacked up.. I guess it works for some and sometimes it's just moody perhaps... I'll just search tomorrow near game time and if not I guess Munson it is... As I use Sling TV and the ESPN app for most everything.

Re: Found this on another fan site. No experience myself but was considering it

Sep 16, 2016, 8:28 PM

Sorry....let me know how it goes. Not sure I will try it now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2016, 9:29 PM

Netflix started the most recent crackdown on using proxies earlier this year. Now a lot of other content owners are following suit. There are lots of VPN and proxy services, but few of them are free and even fewer are not blocked by major content providers now. It may even be blocked by your ISP, but that is less likely. Thank "net neutrality" which was really just a power grab for new media content providers.

Sep 16, 2016, 10:39 PM

Yea, it's the first week free trial and it does change my IP but it keeps saying I'm in Venezuela lol.... Even though I choose a US destination so ESPN says sorry can't stream in your country.... Would probably work if I paid and upgraded... But I'm not doing that for one game considering the rest of the season will pretty much be all major network or ESPN network.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,074
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic