Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Found This Article About Super Secretive Bama Suspensions...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Found This Article About Super Secretive Bama Suspensions...

Jan 4, 2019, 3:12 AM

I don't know if this was already posted, so maybe it's not any kind of news. Even if it wasn't posted, it's old (Dec 27), but seems like it might be relevant to us since we've all been wondering if Bama's players will be back for the NCG.

In the article, Saban was reported saying that they will be "suspended for the rest of the season and maybe beyond due to NCAA violations."

“Those things (the NCAA violations) carry certain consequences,” Saban said. “And those players knew the situation. They made poor choices and decisions.”

To me, that's hard to read any other way than failed drug tests for them as well (or at least something very serious).

So, we will at least know it is complete BS if Lil Nicky and the NCAA allow them to miraculously return for the NCG. There will be a lot of explaining to do if they are suddenly there to play.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2018/12/3-suspended-alabama-players-out-indefinitely.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Found This Article About Super Secretive Bama Suspensions...

Jan 4, 2019, 3:54 AM

Interesting...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 4, 2019, 3:56 AM

That is interesting. It was a violation of NCAA rules, not a team policy thing. Saban had played it like it was a violation of team rules. Not that it can't be both.

Jan 4, 2019, 6:01 AM

No he always said NCAA violations then shutdown any more info. It has to be positive drug tests, but in this case there was no arguing it. It is frustrating the media essentially ignored the whole thing. I get that it wasn’t any star players, but one was a starter on the Oline. Of course there will be little to no mention about it Monday night as they constantly switch the camera to Lawrence on the sidelines.

Jan 4, 2019, 7:08 AM

I have read some posts on the Bama board that Saint Nick has him listed as “co-starter” on the O-line for this game. The posters seem to thing there is a significant drop off in skill level between him and the backup. I am not sure what to believe at this point.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2019, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Found This Article About Super Secretive Bama Suspensions... ]

Yeah, it had already been confirmed as a NCAA violation, but the main thing that's interesting to me in the article is that technically Saban has already stated for a fact, according to the article, that they will for sure be out for the NCG/rest of the season.

So it will be interesting to see if he quietly walks that back and somehow Deonte Brown is suddenly playing in the game. I find it very curious that the media has been absolutely silent on the situation of an Alabama starting OL player (supposedly one of best) being out for the game, whereas they've been running Big Dex as a story 24/7 as a headline.

Additionally, I find it interesting that Saban immediately knew they were guilty of whatever they were tagged for doing since he said they chose to make that decision, which makes me think they either all came forward and admitted it or it was some kind of recreational drug showing up that would be impossible to be innocently introduced into a person's urine.

Jan 4, 2019, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Found This Article About Super Secretive Bama Suspensions... ]

They probably have a team rule against violating NCAA policy.

Jan 4, 2019, 9:09 AM

It's probably a rule against GETTING CAUGHT violating NCAA policy.

Jan 4, 2019, 4:55 PM

And putting on my conspiratorial hat for a second, does anyone else find it suspicious that Bama had 3 players suspended (most likely drug test) where Saban instantly knew what had happened and then we have 3 players suspended that have no clue of what happened or how it's possible STILL at this point.

Also, isn't it a bit odd that Deonte Brown usually plays their left OG and would be potentially blocking vs Big Dex quite a lot since he's usually lined up right DT. So that's convenient for them that Big Dex's suspension offsets theirs maybe a bit.

I know lawyers usually cover all their bases since forensic and testing samples get mistakenly and intentionally swapped all the time. But I would be interested to find out if our players' lawyers requested DNA tests done on the samples to prove that they are indeed urine samples from each player named. Obviously, should be present for DNA test or have a portion of sample to do our own testing to make sure the DNA matches and also we find the Ostarine.

But anyways, just saying...it's ODD that Bama has 3 out that they knew instantly they made a choice to do something/take something and yet we have no idea how this happened to our guys yet. I'd be very interested to know if it was indeed Ostarine also for the Bama players also...because that could very well be the SOURCE. OK, taking tin foil hat off now, but just felt it was all very suspicious.

Jan 4, 2019, 7:08 PM

So does anybody else find it suspicious that Dex would have been lining up against Deonte Brown's replacement, the really good Bama OG that was also suspended?

The only difference being Saban instantly knew the cause for their suspensions (although they've kept it secret) and said they 'made poor choices and decisions' whereas Dabo and Dex have repeatedly publicly denied any knowledge of the source of his failed urine screen and we still don't know two weeks later.

Also the fact that the .02ng/ml trace amount level found in our player's tests just happens to be the very lowest value of the threshold range for a positive detection.

Jan 4, 2019, 7:09 PM

The odds of it just happening that way have to be extraordinarily low. They should go buy Powerball tickets.

Jan 4, 2019, 7:37 PM

Your tinfoil hat seems to be echoing....

Jan 4, 2019, 7:41 PM

JK!

Yes, it's suspicious. Could be coincidental, but it's still suspicious.

NCAA seems to adopt the "Neither side gained an advantage" rule of fairness quite often, don't they? So i can see your point.

Jan 4, 2019, 8:55 PM

Oh no worries, I didn't take it wrong. Obviously I'm just pondering how weird all of the circumstances are, but it may just be a case where we will never really get an anwer.

That being said, unless I missed it, I hadn't really seen anybody else discussing or realizing the fact that our two suspended players would be lining up against each other on opposite sides of the ball. Sometimes things are just too coincidental to be coincidental and a seeming conspiracy is begging to be the reason why even if it really isn't once all the facts come out :)

Re: Coincidence

Jan 4, 2019, 9:19 PM

my hairy a s s! Seems like media would be all over a coincidence like that. Sionce they like to talk and stir the pot anyway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic