Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Foster, Smith, Lamar = better defense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Foster, Smith, Lamar = better defense

Oct 19, 2016, 8:10 PM

Will be awesome will give BV the size, speed, athleticism,he needs to amp up the defense. So much of his defense depends on versital linebackers. We have steadily declined in play in that area. Remember Stephan Anthony allowed the outside linebacker to play down hill. Imo is the best way for Boulware to play. One of my favorite players but not a man or zone guy except in the red zone.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Foster, Smith, Lamar = better defense

Oct 19, 2016, 8:52 PM

What you said about Stephone Anthony is true, and the same might be said (one day) for Smith and Lamar, but Foster is a different body. He's most likely going to be a DE or hybrid DE/LB because he's not done growing and he's already pushing 250lbs.

Boulware is a stud. He was a highly rated 4 star out of high school. Don't knock his lateral movement too much. He may be good for a bust or two every game, but he also make 2-3 spectacular plays for us per game and he brings bad-intentions on every hit. Boulware is feast or famine, but other than Stephone Anthony he's better than every starter we've had for the last 4 years (BJ Goodson gets a shout out too....it's pretty close).

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2016, 8:54 PM

Steadily declined? LOL Man, you guys try too hard.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2016, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Foster, Smith, Lamar = better defense ]

Agree with Ben being a heavy hitter, that's what I was saying about playing down hill. Ben seems to b more effective when blitzing or shooting gaps to stop the run. When playing along side BJ and Anthony allowed him to play more down hill.

Ben is awesome one of my favorite Clemson players of all-time. Love the way he plays the game ALL OUT ALL THE TIME, WITH A NASTINESS, ALL HEART.

Oct 19, 2016, 9:28 PM

Would love to get another Anthony Simmons.

Oct 19, 2016, 9:32 PM

All I was saying as a unit when there is a lb that can play zone at a high level in BV defensive scheme it runs better opens it up this a lb centred scheme. Not saying anything bad Ben, BJ, Stewart,Christian,Shuey, Joseph, O'Daniel or any of them. You can't deny in this scheme works better with an athletic lb. Isn't this a zone blitz heavy defense.

Please stop screaming "I am Coot"!***

Oct 19, 2016, 9:37 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please stop screaming "I am Coot"!***

Oct 19, 2016, 9:54 PM

That was the best joke I heard in a long time, the only thing that associate's me to South Carolina is the state I was born and live in. Don't question my loyalty to Clemson and everything it does. I was sitting in the lower corner of the west end zone when we were playing BC in weather delay game and stayed the entire game when many fans left. Clemson fan all day everyday 365

Oct 19, 2016, 10:08 PM

For those who think undermine the lb core now or wrong. Check out the linebackers that played in his scheme in OK.

We must be watching different games. BB is always around

Oct 19, 2016, 10:43 PM

the ball and lays the wood. DO has excellent speed and athleticism. KJ has been steady and does a great job dropping back. Heck, even unheralded JW has made huge plays this year.

When you bring up Anthony he's one the best we've ever had. You can't have a Simmons, Adams, or Anthony every year.

Oct 19, 2016, 10:49 PM

If no one leaves early for the draft we will return 36 of 40 on defense next year,not counting the current defensive commitments.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic