Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Former players at Natty
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 4,601

Former players at Natty

Jan 14, 2019, 10:05 AM

Wondering about former players at the Natty. DeShaun Watson and CJ. I saw Mallicah Goodman in the concourse. Pretty sure I saw Vic Beasley. Think I saw Daquan Bowers. Others?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Former players at Natty

Jan 14, 2019, 10:10 AM

Other than those you mentioned, I know Nuk Hopkins, Mike Williams, Artavis Scott, Rashard Hall, Bashaud Breeland, Tajh Boyd, Shaq Lawson, Andre Branch, Ray Ray McCloud, Grady Jarrett, Carlos Watkins & DJ Reader were all there.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2019, 10:13 AM

Rodney Williams and I think Eric MacLain were there. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If I ever have to use this baby, I want to teach it to come to Papa in a hurry."

Jan 14, 2019, 12:13 PM

Rodney took a couple of National Championship teams and turned them into 10 win teams, as the all time winningest Clemson QB. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure I won't have them all but I saw:

Jan 14, 2019, 10:13 AM

Deshaun, Nuk, Spiller, Beasley, Ray-Ray, Dwayne Allen, Mike Williams, Artavis Scott,and Shaq Lawson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There were quite a few guys from many different eras

Jan 14, 2019, 12:48 PM

John Johnson and a few other guys from those late 80's, early 90's teams, guys from the '81 Championship team but most of the posters here might not recognize them or even know some of their names... LOL
Clemson football was well represented at the game...
Elden Campbell along with some other basketball players attended as well...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2019, 10:16 AM

Tony Elliott, Jeff Scott, etc... just kidding.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2019, 10:30 AM

Why can't all of them wear ORANGE. Watson, mike, lawson and breeland all in regular street clothes

Jan 14, 2019, 10:44 AM

yeah I'm not sure whats up with that but you get the impression its a thing. you see it with other schools former players as well

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2019, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Former players at Natty ]

It's because they are not fans.

They are showing up for a football game. They are cheering big plays and hoping that the team wins, but it is a totally different perspective versus being a fanatic.

Also they are still young and dressing for style and appearance rather than in support of their team.

Jan 14, 2019, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Former players at Natty ]

DW had on purple and that counts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their blood is orange...

Jan 14, 2019, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Former players at Natty ]

That's all that matters! They made the trip to support the team. Clothes, nor 'lipstick on a pig' will change their loyalty to Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't wear much orange either...

Jan 14, 2019, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Former players at Natty ]

these guys, much like myself, want to wear their own choice of fashion or paraphernalia at games or whatever, and my usual choice of paraphernalia color is white...
also, after the game, there was an event that a lot of them were attending and they didn't have to change clothes to go there; they dressed to leave the game and go straight to the event...
but what's most important is that Clemson is in their heart and their donations... ??

Thanks for the update, when did you play for Clemson?***

Jan 14, 2019, 12:46 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't play football at Clemson but was athletically

Jan 14, 2019, 12:53 PM

athletically involved at Clemson pre Tommy West

what does that mean? You were a former player?***

Jan 14, 2019, 1:45 PM

it means that I prefer the anonymity of the net

Jan 14, 2019, 1:58 PM

that way... so my preferred personal description would be athletically involved or involved in athletics without yes or no being an answer to that question.

I like discussing things we have in common or even disagreements without perceptions of who I am, what I did or why...

So in a discussion of what the former players were wearing,

Jan 14, 2019, 2:02 PM

you decide to shoehorn in what you wear, but you're too scared to say if you were an ex-player or not...But you still wanted us to know that you had some sort of "athletic connection"? Make up your mind, are you trying to bigtime us or not?

what you inferred was nothing that I indicated

Jan 14, 2019, 4:12 PM

as my comment was only in regards to the fashion choice, not any connections that I may or may not have... former players and others are going to wear whatever they choose to wear on that occasion. It just so happens that there was an event going on after the game and guys probably made the choice to not have to change after the game by wearing their fashion choice for the event to the game...

no where in my previous summary did I suggest anything about me other than my particular choices of predominate paraphernalia color... what you inferred was your assumption, because, again, I prefer the anonymity of the net to not have to discuss who I am, what I did or why as it does or does not relate to Clemson sports...

If I wanted to big time, I would have let it be known that I am _____________ a long time ago...

Give it a rest, nobody cares who you were, or what you wear.

Jan 14, 2019, 4:39 PM

The next time you feel like you need to share something when we are talking about former players, maybe don't interrupt to tell us what you wear if you aren't a former player...Or announce that you were "athletically involved" if you don't think you can handle people knowing you were "athletically involved"...Just a thought

my apologies to you for being a participant in a side bar

Jan 14, 2019, 4:44 PM

that you started... LOL

that is funny to me!! LOL

How exactly did I start it? Did I interrupt a Former player

Jan 14, 2019, 4:59 PM

discussion to overshare?

Here's my final reply because this is getting weird...

Jan 14, 2019, 6:30 PM

1. I made a comment about fashion choices
2. You asked if I was a former player
3. I chose an answer if my preference
4. You didn't like my preferred answer and inferred that I was big timing and have continued to rant about the perceived inference that you imagined

Now, thank you for the engaging discussion, be favored of the Most High on your journey and
#GoTigers!!

Re: So in a discussion of what the former players were wearing,

Jan 14, 2019, 4:20 PM [ in reply to So in a discussion of what the former players were wearing, ]

He wishes to remain anonymous. I can respect that.

I don't care who he is and I care even less what he wears to

Jan 14, 2019, 4:32 PM

games

Jan 14, 2019, 12:50 PM

Rashard Hall is Director of Career and Professional Development for Clemson, not sure others knew this but we are definitely turning these guys into leaders and Hall is one of them!

Jan 14, 2019, 1:14 PM

Are some of them too old to sport a TL jersey. Asking for a friend. TIA ; )

Replies: 26
| visibility 4,601
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic