Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Former Clemson coach Reedy enjoys coaching Shell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,447

May 25, 2010, 1:36 PM

Goose Creek head football coach Chuck Reedy talks about Brandon Shell who is one of the most sought-after linemen in the Southeast. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he is going to be a left tackle at the college level, why

May 25, 2010, 2:37 PM

are they playing him at right on the high school level. Doesn't your biggest, best lineman usually play left tackle?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

yes, unless they have a left handed qb?***

May 25, 2010, 2:40 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on alot of things

May 25, 2010, 9:26 PM [ in reply to If he is going to be a left tackle at the college level, why ]

Their scheme may be more power runs off tackle or to the strong side, which with a RH qb means that they run to the right alot. Just for example.

Another would be that the guy on the Left side couldnt get it if he was moved over to the RT spot. So to move him over would make the right side really weak. Some guys cant handle switching.

Its probably more the scheme they like than anything though. You are right that usually he'd be already at LT. Maybe they don't want to confuse him with anything new now that its his time to shine.

Telling quote . . .

May 25, 2010, 3:15 PM

“I am here as a resource for him, and his mom, when they need help. My main role is to help him wherever I can. I don’t care what college he chooses. I have no preference. I just want him to go somewhere where they can help him develop and reach his goals. He is a first round, NFL draft pick if he gets in the right program and stays healthy and continues to develop. He has a bright future, and I am here to facilitate that any way I can.”

If first round selection in four years is the primary criteria, we might be in trouble with this one . . . :)

Re: Telling quote . . .we could have one too

May 25, 2010, 3:53 PM

we're certainly due

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chris Hairston should easily be a 1st round draft pick

May 25, 2010, 7:24 PM [ in reply to Telling quote . . . ]

next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chris Hairston should easily be a 1st round draft pick

May 25, 2010, 8:19 PM

Similar rumblings were swirling around Thomas Austin his junior year. Undrafted. Trying to think of the last OL that went in (or close to) the first round. Stacy Long, maybe?

Hairston is a much better pro prospect than Austin.

May 25, 2010, 8:32 PM

Though I don't see what Austin's experience has to do with Hairston.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Former Clemson coach Reedy enjoys coaching Shell

May 25, 2010, 5:36 PM

What chance do we have with our line coach?? Slim to none. When is the last time we had a OL drafted in the first round?

May 25, 2010, 8:22 PM

The last player that went close to the 1st (I think he was fairly high) was Stacy Long, but I could be wrong about that. Even so, that would be late 80's/early 90's.

May 28, 2010, 7:00 AM

When I was a coach, I thought it was my job to get the kids playing in their correct position. Coach Reedy said he is going to be a left tackle at the next level, so if he has this kids best interest at heart, shouldn't the kid be playing left tackle NOW?

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,447
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic