Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Former Buckeye here...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Former Buckeye here...

Dec 12, 2019, 1:12 PM

My wife and I have been in the upstate for 10 years after moving here from northwest Ohio. I was scarlet and gray all the way since I was a kid. One thing OSU fans and Clemson fans have in common is genuine hatred for the SEC. It was a no brainer that I would root for Clemson over the gamecocks as the local team but I still loved the buckeyes above all else. That began to change with the Urban Meyer hire who I hated at Florida and considered an utter enemy. After watching both programs over the years I have come to deeply respect the manner in which Dabo coaches. You hear that great coaches develop players but Dabo develops players ability and character. I finally converted fully into a Clemson fan when Deshaun arrived and became my favorite college football player ever. I don’t know how anyone could not root for that young man. Clemson has become a program of both great players and great human beings. It is truly remarkable and I am honored to root for Clemson. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you in witness protection?

Dec 12, 2019, 1:14 PM

;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome to the fold.

Dec 12, 2019, 1:14 PM

Glad you saw the light and got your heart right.

Re: Former Buckeye here...

Dec 12, 2019, 1:15 PM

https://youtu.be/LfRNRymrv9k

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Let this be a lesson to all you BuckNut fans...

Dec 12, 2019, 1:17 PM

This is how you post on a superior opponents message board.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 12, 2019, 1:21 PM

Welcome aboard, hope life is good for you in the upstate and Go Tigers!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2019, 1:35 PM

Whatever happened to "upcountry"? "Upstate" is Noo Yawk.

Message was edited by: cuthbert®

Dec 12, 2019, 1:24 PM

Don’t know what blew you this way my friend but thank God. U have been reborn.

Dec 12, 2019, 1:43 PM

Just say "Piedmont".

Dec 12, 2019, 1:48 PM

I was born in Dayton, but have lived here since 1967. Began at Clemson in 1969. there were only 7,900 students at that time and classes went 5 and one half days a week. Last year of Rat Season. Only fast food place was Hardees across from Fike Field House.

I wish the ACC / BIG would do a football challenge

Dec 12, 2019, 1:50 PM

I know, I know, it won't happen. BUT...drop one cupcake game and have an ACC v. BIG challenge. Home and Home would make for some fun games between Clemson and the likes of Ohio St., Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, etc...The games in general would be fun (for the most part, Wake vs Purdue maybe not), but still. Overall I think it would be good for the sport.

Clemson has been trying to schedule a home/home...

Dec 12, 2019, 2:22 PM

with Penn State and Michigan for years but both want a two-for-one which is something Clemson absolutely will not do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

LMAO, they don't want to play us so they offer the 2-for

Dec 12, 2019, 2:50 PM

knowing we won't take it. They'd rather disrespect us than have it be known that they dodged us.

A 2-for-1 at this point in our program's history is insulting.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

interesting. where did you get that info?***

Dec 12, 2019, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Clemson has been trying to schedule a home/home... ]

Picture of wife or it didn't happen.***

Dec 12, 2019, 2:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Picture of wife or it didn't happen.***

Dec 12, 2019, 2:25 PM

Bikini or lingerie? Lol

Since you're asking...

Dec 12, 2019, 2:28 PM

neither.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you have any nekkid pics of her?

Dec 12, 2019, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Picture of wife or it didn't happen.*** ]

Wanna buy some?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How much?

Dec 12, 2019, 2:45 PM

I'll swap you some of your grandmother even stephen.

Dec 12, 2019, 2:03 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

seems shopped***

Dec 12, 2019, 2:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2019, 2:40 PM

He joined in September.

Seems legit.

Your voice can't be heard in the hallowed halls.

Dec 12, 2019, 2:47 PM

You haven't been here long enough to vouch for yourself.

Yeah, Imo you're both tiger fans but I reserve...

Dec 12, 2019, 4:15 PM

2 thumbs up ????
And 1 point.

Dec 13, 2019, 4:05 PM

Thank you for your kind report of your life of college sports. But you know, I don't think that your story isn't one that we haven't ever heard before bc it happens a lot to the knew folks that move into the upstate from out of state. But if you were born and raised in this state, you are one or the other and it really isn't to much of in between. I have always lived in the middle of coot country, but my first ever FB game as a kid was between Clemson and the coots, Clemson won and I have been allorange ever since, 57 years ago. But back to you, you are in the backyard of Clemson in the up state, and Most of those folks are Clemson. And Clemson fans are known throughout the country by all visiting fan that they get treated really well by the Clemson fans at DV. Even though you will run into some butt holes here on T-Net, those don't make up 100th of a percent of the Clemson fanbase!!! Glad you converted into a Tiger, and you come along when things are the best!!! Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic