Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Foreshadowing the Biden era?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Foreshadowing the Biden era?

Nov 16, 2020, 1:51 PM

Seattle
-pondering Heroin injection sites
-Eliminating a homelessness police unit
-Laying off police to levels not seen since 1990
-Highest homicide rate since 2008

Coming to a city near you.

Much of this hard core drug addition is tied to liberal tenants:
-zero discipline in schools
-victimhood mentality ("my status is your fault")
-enabling lack of individual responsibility (closely tied to above)
-individualism and expression of kids (that should be deferred until they are adults/more mature)
-legalizing marijuana
-eliminating mental care residence facilities

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/jason-rantz-seattles-downward-spiral

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Foreshadowing the Biden era?

Nov 16, 2020, 1:55 PM

This may just be me, but I’m not certain that everything in life and everyone with their complexities and variables can be simplified down to “pubnut or libtard.”

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 1:56 PM

Those are happening under Trump now. Also, don't I think the president has much say over Seattle anyway.

Nov 16, 2020, 2:24 PM

The point is, Dems want to run the entire country just like these failing dem cities.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 2:28 PM

Biden and Obama didn't seem to want that. The states and cities will decide anyway. You think Biden could make Greenville or Charlotte like Seattle?

Nov 16, 2020, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Foreshadowing the Biden era? ]

Keowee,

When was the last time you sat down and had a rational conversation with a Democrat ? I mean really listened to each other and tried to understand where the other one was coming from ?

BTW, this new conservative catch phrase "failing Democratic cities" What the heck does that even mean. If you look at the 50 worst cities in America, I think you will find about an equal number of Dem & Rep. Plus, surely we can agree that there are far more factors contributing to the quality of life than just political affiliation. So can we stop tossing that bullyshitt phrase around as if it means something.

Nov 16, 2020, 11:16 PM

I have conversations with Democrats on a daily basis; although, I rarely find them rational. I do not see increased spending on any issue as a remedy. For my entire life, the Democrat’s answer to everything is to increase spending (except for police, weird). I find that highly irrational, because it has failed for decades.

Failing Democrat cities. Baltimore, Atlanta, LA, NY, anywhere NJ, Chicago, Detroit, and the list goes on. My definition of failing isn’t the same as the typical fox story line of homelessness, drug use, crime, etc. For me, it’s the insane taxes levied to “solve” those problems with zero return. That is why I loved the Trump tax cuts. It capped the deduction of local taxes. Now those people can see what their taxes are getting for them, and feeling the pain. It put pressure on city govts, because people started leaving poorly managed urban areas. Basically because rural America was subsidizing their insane tax rates. I fully understand that cities provide a lot of revenue to the US, but that is mainly from the super rich and corporations headquartered there, not the average person. Now someone in Baltimore can look at their city tax bill and think “why is no high school school in my entire city have anyone that can read at a third grade level. Maybe if we paid a few million more in tax, they will be smarter???” Insane. Of course that’s just one example.

Even more irritating is that cities are voting based on issues that they could address NOW by themselves. Nothing is stopping LA from paying off all student loans, having universal healthcare, net zero emissions, mask mandates, whatever. Why aren’t they doing it???????? They are Dems so I know they are intelligent; figure it out. But, they can’t afford it, that’s why they need Iowa to pitch in (goes back to repealing trumps tax cuts). I live in a neighborhood of 87 houses and I’m the only one from SC. The #1 reason my neighbors are here is because of the cost of living of where they came from. But hey, since they are apparently ignorant, they vote for the same crap here that ruined their state.

My biggest problem with Democrats is the blatant hypocrisy. I want to join the Paris climate accord to save the planet, and I’ll fly my private jet all over the world to tell people about it. I want people living pay check to pay check to provide healthcare for illegals; that are in direct competition for their jobs. When Trump bans people from traveling in from terrorist hotspots, he’s a racist; when Biden says he don’t want his kids going to school in a racial jungle, he’s a champion of black rights. All covid deaths are Trump’s fault, but swine flu deaths aren’t Obama’s. I have thousands of these. It’s nauseating.

For me this election boiled down to the economy. I think trump is better for the economy, and have a lifetime of observations to draw that conclusion. I don’t care about abortions or gay marriage. I’m not religious; I own a few guns, but I don’t sit around polishing them waiting on the apocalypse. I hate that we pick presidents on issues like abortion (state), healthcare (state, local), police shootings (state, local), covid (state, local). Can you imagine someone being mad at the f$$ing president because they caught the flu? My god!

Trump had less people relying on the government for a check, and that scares democrats, because that is how they increase their power. I’m not talking about the avg person Democrat, I mean those in Washington. They know that the more people on Medicare, Medicaid, snap, daca, SS, welfare, the more votes they can buy. Don’t vote Republican, they are going to cut (any of those mentioned above)!!!!! They will do absolutely anything to stay in power. They do not care about you, and I wish you could see it as plain as I do. Most people on Washington do not care (dem or pub), that’s why I vote on the economy. Both side’s spending is beyond out of control. Washington doesn’t have a revenue problem, it has a spending problem. But here’s Biden to raise fkn taxes again.

Therefore, I see every Democrat as someone that has delayed and devalued my retirement. If it were for a worthy cause, I’d be all for it. But I 100% guarantee that you (Dems) will not fix anything, and we will all be more poor for your efforts.

Thanks.

Camden NJ is the poster child for insane spending

Nov 17, 2020, 9:00 AM

that never got to the people that needed it. They are also the poster child for defunding the police.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Biden is responsible even though not prez yet. Hilarious.***

Nov 16, 2020, 2:06 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Just as we're turning the corner on the war on drugs too

Nov 16, 2020, 2:09 PM

It's horrible really. And we were turning the corner on crappy schools, homelessness, irresponsibility, police violence, racism, mental illness, expensive healthcare, trade deficits, federal deficit, national debt, illegal immigration, and covid. All this was getting better, then Biden comes along to screw it all up. Great.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just as we're turning the corner on the war on drugs

Nov 16, 2020, 2:12 PM

Trump had all of those issues solved before Covid hit us.

Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush2, Obama, nor TRUMP

Nov 16, 2020, 2:25 PM

fixed ANY of those problems. Zip. One thing they all have in common though, every last one of them promised to fix those problems.

Best way to fix all of those problems is to take a loooong look in the mirror each morning, and ask yourself how the #### any of them are going to fix those problems.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vancouver is one of the most amazing

Nov 16, 2020, 2:30 PM

places. However their downtown is pure shittt. The drug centers with clean needles and crap is terrible. Junkies all over the place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 3:02 PM

It's so hard to take this seriously when you criticize expression of kids and legalization of marijuana in there. You can try and learn from Seattle's mistakes without going full on grampa chain email.

Nov 16, 2020, 3:36 PM

NC,

When I see some of you reactionaries posting articles that seem outrageous to me (outrageous to me - a liberal - can you imagine such a thing) I take a few moments to verify it's accuracy (you should try it sometime)

You DO understand the difference between a news article and an opinion piece, yes? I know that Fox has blurred those lines for years, so you may have to look a little harder.

Here's an actual news article from a local source that sticks to the facts a bit better:

Allow me to highlight a few items:

ONE council person broached the idea of broadening defenses for some misdemeanors. Two other council members thought the idea was worthy of council discussion. There are 9 members of the council.

Those misdemeanor defendants would still face a judge, and a jury.

Several council members raised objections and the measure were eventually rejected.

A poll of locals revealed that 86 % of them opposed the considerations.

Finally, what in the world does this have to do with Joe Biden ?

Please, NC. We can disagree but can't we base our disagreements in something resembling reality - instead of grasping at straws to become indignant about ideas that have no chance of becoming policy.

https://komonews.com/news/local/seattle-city-council-member-defends-plan-to-dismiss-misdemeanor-crimes-for-some

Nov 16, 2020, 4:10 PM

NC,

You listed these as liberal tenets. Well, I am a liberal, so please allow me to set you straight on a few things.

Much of this hard core drug addition is tied to liberal tenants:
(first of all, here is an outrageous claim with absolutely no supporting evidence)

-zero discipline in schools -
I don't know where you are getting this, but I taught in public schools for 22 years and I am a big fan of effective discipline in schools. My classroom was known (by students and teachers alike) for being orderly and productive

-victimhood mentality ("my status is your fault")
I was also known for making kids earn their grades. However, it would be simple-minded (both in class & in our greater society) to think that all roads to success are equal in length or difficulty. Striving to make circumstances more fair IS a liberal tenet that I support.

-enabling lack of individual responsibility (closely tied to above)
Again, liberals are very much for individual responsibility, but we also recognize some group responsibilities. We want to deal with the social realities around us that make it harder for some of us to become successful and contribute to our society. There is a balance to be achieved between these two responsibilities and we think we have a ways to go to strike that balance.

-individualism and expression of kids (that should be deferred until they are adults/more mature)
Again, I don't know what YOU are talking about but the very act of growing up deals with kids growing into their decision making step by step. As a liberal, I recognize that sometimes you have to give them their head a little bit - and see where that takes them. A refusal to listen to them during this process will lead, more often than not, to negative results. For a country that prides itself on individualism and free expression, you seem to want to deny it to others.

-legalizing marijuana
Jimmy Carter wisely said that, "Penalties for the possessing of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself." For over 50 years we have enforced marijuana policy that has done just that. It is time we stop sending people to prison for smoking a little weed. There are plenty of adults (far more than you know) that enjoy a little smoke and still manage their responsibilities quite well. Tell me why we shouldn't decriminalize marijuana.

-eliminating mental care residence facilities
Liberals do NOT advocate this, but we DO recognize that many such facilities are so underfunded that they may do more harm than good. And we follow the experts advice about allowing those mental patients who can cope in our society to do so. It is possible that we have followed this tendency a bit too far as of late, but liberals would want to see the statistical evidence (rather than anecdotal stories & intuition) to make those adjustments.

NC, When you try to paint a large group of people (any group) into a small box, you do them and yourself a disservice. We may be a divided country, but we are not nearly as divided as this kind of stereotyping attempts to portray. Let's give each other our due and talk rationally about our actual differences rather than making shittt up.

Nov 16, 2020, 8:47 PM

Now we know how we got to where we are today. Someone like you have been teaching kids and see where that has got us. Great job. Keep up the good work.

Nov 16, 2020, 8:58 PM

Wow, you really are a tool.

You literally have not contributed one worthwhile thing since you stumbled in here like a Botski except Grampaw's Facebook posts - which you can't even spell right since you basically come across as illiterate - and then you have the gumption to come on here and make personal attacks against someone who apparently taught public school for 22 years?

Bold move. I remember a time when people were ashamed to trumpet their ignorance and gracelessness for all to see.

Not cool, man.

Nov 16, 2020, 9:02 PM

Some times the truth hurts. Get over it and wake up not woke up.

Nov 16, 2020, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Foreshadowing the Biden era? ]

I may not can spell but I am smart enough to get a degree. That should tell you something. I over came teacher like the left wing yo yo that did not teach but tried to push his beliefs on young children.

Nov 16, 2020, 11:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Foreshadowing the Biden era? ]

I'll stand my kids up next to you anytime - for intelligence and compassion.

Nov 17, 2020, 8:52 AM

Good luck with that one. LOL

Nov 17, 2020, 8:53 AM

If by compassion you mean being a snowflake you might have me on that one.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic