Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For you Dabo haters, let;'s talk some reality
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

For you Dabo haters, let;'s talk some reality

Nov 25, 2012, 7:54 PM

great college football coaches can't be found on every street corner.
Although apparently they are quite numerous on internet chat rooms.
Hatfield destroyed our recruiting base. West did a bit better recruiting wise but was never a good x and o coach.
TB recruited better, but hit a ceiling at 9 wins, there was always something that went wrong, it just changed from year to year.
Dabo has elevated this program, and he is doing it the right way. We have an ACC title for the first time in 20 years. We have 10 wins for the 2nd time in 20 years.

West and TB beat up on 5-5 or worse usuc teams. They are now winning 10+ for the first time in their history.

We are all ticked that they beat us, and much of the blame goes on the coaches. But talk of cleaning house is absurd, unless ofcourse you know of a good hall-of-fame fb coach that wants to come here.

Dumping coaches every time you're disappointed with a loss gets you where Tennessee is right now.

Show some patience and recognize that we're better than before, and beating all the scrubs is the next step before you start playing and beating the best teams in the country.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen brother. Great post!**

Nov 25, 2012, 7:57 PM

--

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For you Dabo haters, let;'s talk some reality

Nov 25, 2012, 7:58 PM

Nicely put. Although I threw $400 dollars down the drain to go to the game last night, I still love my tigers and my coach. He is a man of integrity and character. The program has turned around greatly since his promotion to HC. Give the man some time and a NC will be upon us within a couple of years.

Nov 26, 2012, 8:36 AM

Dabo is a great guy but a national championship-get real

Nov 25, 2012, 8:00 PM

Amen!!! Not only that but he is putting out young men that are 1st class citizens. Dabo and staff are all doing a great job!

Re: Social workers and preachers can be hired a lot

Nov 25, 2012, 9:01 PM

cheaper than what we are paying these coaches.

Nov 25, 2012, 8:17 PM

Great post man. USuC is just loaded with a bunch of ghetto thugs. There coach is an arrogant a$$. I personally thin Barker and Wilkins need to go, not Dabo. Their allegiance to the ACC is going to beat us on the field worse than anybody in the SEC could!

A question....

Nov 25, 2012, 8:25 PM

I'm not understanding why people think Barker and Wilkins need to go.... can you explain your reasoning in logical terms?

Nov 25, 2012, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Re: For you Dabo haters, let;'s talk some reality ]

Would you listen to yourselves? Sounds just like the Jim Carlen fans from the other school about thirty years ago. "Danny Ford might beat us every year but he has a bunch of thugs, cheats in recruiting, NCAA violations...yada, yada....but hey! Carlen runs a clean program, nice guy that parents trust their kids with, he's a better role model than Ford, goes to church, etc.etc." Loser's excuses! Sorry, I call 'em like I see 'em! I heard that every day for several years from my coot co-workers around that time.

Don't bring facts here, it kills their argument***

Nov 25, 2012, 8:20 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spot on!!!

Nov 25, 2012, 8:23 PM

It's amazing what people are saying on here.....

That is such a load of garbage

Nov 25, 2012, 8:24 PM

Tommy actually had a pretty tough ACC he had to navigate his way through. Florida State was consistently good, Maryland was winning with Friedgen, GT was good, Virginia Tech was #### good, NC State had Rivers for 12 years, Miami still had some semblance of a team, BC was good under O'Brien, etc.

Dabo lovers don't want to admit to reality. He won the last 2 years because the conference was abysmal. Dabo has recruited some great athletes to Clemson and he has hired an OC that can win matchups against inferior opponents. However, when a team comes in that is evenly matched and it comes down to X's and O's Dabo doesn't just lose he gets stomped. He cannot take the reins and lead the team because he has no idea on how to actually call plays. To his credit he went out and got some great coordinators but every great coach has to know when to take over a game (i.e.- telling Chad not to abandon the running game). Dabo doesn't have the ability to do this because he has never called plays in his life.

Our schedule was so bad I can think of one team we played that would have a winning record in the SEC or the Big 12 not named FSU or Scar? Years ago I thought the ACC had made its mark by bringing in VT and Miami to go with FSU and Clemson. I was wrong. The ACC is becoming the Big East and Dabo is becoming the John Cooper of Clemson football. Time to fix both of those problems.

Bring Back Danny.

Okay, fire him. Then what? Derek Dooley is available, so is

Nov 25, 2012, 9:41 PM

Chizik, he has a national title to boot.

Also, you can't make the argument that we only beat also rans but that we used to beat usuc regularly. They were one of those also-rans when we were beating them 4 out of 5 years.

What you want to have here is difficult to build, and it takes a coach time to get it. Danny was great, but it wasn't just Danny. It was the whole thing he had going with recruiting and asst coaches and everything. He ain't coming back to coach us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That is such a load of garbage

Nov 25, 2012, 9:57 PM [ in reply to That is such a load of garbage ]

Spot on, the acc was stronger then.

Nov 25, 2012, 10:28 PM

Yep...Matt Schaub, Matt Ryan, Michael Vick, Phillip Rivers, Chris Weinke, and many others. The ACC is definitely the weakest it's been in years. "Back then" we were also much stronger at linebacker and consistently had several high round draft picks at defense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe Circa 2003 TB was here until '08.***

Nov 25, 2012, 10:07 PM [ in reply to That is such a load of garbage ]

Nov 26, 2012, 9:09 AM [ in reply to That is such a load of garbage ]

The fact is the only 2 ranked teams (that actually deserve ranking) we played all year beat us. Beating up on community college type opponents (duke,wake,bc, maryland,) these teams are jokes this year and most years. Heck Florida state who is the best the ACC has to offer lost to the 3rd team the SEC has to offer Florida. Dabo is a good coach and I think he is a wonderful guy but lets get serious here, outside of the ACC in the Pac 12, SEC, or the BIG 12 Dabo is a 7-5 coach at best.

Re:I will take TB 7,8 and9 win seassons with wins over

Nov 25, 2012, 8:58 PM

SC

Ok, so it's all good right now. How long do we wait? How

Nov 25, 2012, 9:06 PM

many more years? How many more losses to Carolina? There has to be a limit somewhere, right? Where is it for you? The cutesy slogans and cheer leading only works for so long. Where's the line?

Re: Reality:

Nov 25, 2012, 10:22 PM

4 losses to SCAR
70 - 33 loss in only BCS game
6 - 7 in 2010

Original poster is right, but these facts can't be ignored.*

Nov 26, 2012, 10:00 AM

nm

Can you explain what Tenn did wrong?

Nov 25, 2012, 11:08 PM

Your theory is that they should have given Dooley more time?

Re: Can you explain what Tenn did wrong?

Nov 26, 2012, 5:31 PM

They fired a championship-winning coach in Fulmer because he lost a few rivalry games in a row. They went 1-8 in conference play this season with their 2nd coach in 5 years.

Nov 26, 2012, 9:37 AM

I have to agree! Dabo has made watching Clemson fun again. I know that we are going to have players who don't give up like they did under TB. Do we still lose games? Sure but remember these statistics! In Spurrier's forth year Carolina was 7-6 and lost the Outback bowl! Nick Saban was 6-6 at Michigan State his forth year! Les Miles was 7-5 at OKSt! The only coach I can find who started out winning big like Dabo has is Pete Carrol or Chip Kelley. The Trojans ended up in the crapper and Kelley took over an already very successful team.

Take a pill people! Dabo has done an amazing job at Clemson in just 4 years! What do people expect a NC or the "good ole days" of beating Carolina just because they sucked? I love our college football team and our coaches. Give Venebles time...they are getting better and he as much as anyone needs to bring that killer instinct to this team...but he needs the right players to do it...like Boulware and Pagano! I like where we are headed. I just hope we can keep Chad around a little longer!

The ACC has collapsed since the days of the Tommys

Nov 26, 2012, 9:40 AM

and our 10 wins this year are no better than the 6 or 7 wins under Bowden.

The same thing is true now that was true then: we can't compete with good college football teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hatfield had help destroying recruiting base from Fordlovers***

Nov 26, 2012, 9:45 AM

Nov 26, 2012, 9:54 AM

Remember who the position coach was when Aaron Kelly dropped a pass versus BC that cost us the ACC title. Back then everything was on the head coach. Now it's on everybody but the head coach. I'm just trying to figured out what we are actually paying him for. It's obvious he knows nothing about football to figure out how to correct problems. He needs to learn to leave Chad and Brent alone. They will be over there doing actual coaching with the players. He comes running over there just yelling "keep playing hard guys" or something rah-rah like that.

Nov 26, 2012, 9:59 AM

I have to ask how do you know what he does? I see him (in the very limited time that they show him on TV) coaching all of the time! or working the refs. or doing the other things coaches are supposed to do on game day. I see Les Miles and Nick Saban doing the same thing. Are you at practice? Do you talk to the players and ask them what he is doing? I think not.

Re: Re: For you Dabo haters, let;'s talk some reality

Nov 26, 2012, 10:03 AM

Did you just compare Dabo to Saban?

Re: Re: For you Dabo haters, let;'s talk some reality

Nov 26, 2012, 10:12 AM

If you are asking me...no I compared Dabo's RECORD in his first 4 years of coaching to what are arguably the best coaches in CFB. I am sure that the colleges they were at were calling for their heads as well when they first started out. All I am saying is that Dabo has come farther, faster than all of them. Will he one day be thought of as in the same class? Who knows (not me and not you!) we will just have to wait and see but I like the way our program is headed.

Nov 26, 2012, 10:05 AM

Dabo hired a brillient OC and what I believe will turn out to be a great DC. He has the ability to see when something is not working. It is very clear after four years running what the problem is, and it is in the weight room and the teams attitude. JMO.

Hahahahahahah!!! So flawed.

Nov 26, 2012, 10:15 AM

Have you forgotten the OB? Or the Sukolina was 6-5 in 2009 when they beat the Atlantic division champions?

wonder how many of these haters wanted cheatnik back

Nov 26, 2012, 10:18 AM

when we were searchin for a coach last time. well he's available now!

Get rid of Batson and everyone will love Dabo again.

Nov 26, 2012, 10:20 AM

He won't do it, that's his buddy.

Re: Get rid of Batson and everyone will love Dabo again.

Nov 26, 2012, 10:42 AM

He got rid of Napier and they were closer than he and Batson.

Batson was 9-2 against the coots under Bowden.***

Nov 26, 2012, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Get rid of Batson and everyone will love Dabo again. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2012, 5:15 PM

Thank you Clemsnman, it is certainly good to hear from someone who understands where we are now versus who we lost to again...it will come soon enough indeed. We also know where our liabilities are for sure and that has been addressed and has also for 2013. Naysayers stand down and pay attention before you start the bashing.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic