Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those who think we wil win tonight...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

For those who think we wil win tonight...

Jan 16, 2018, 12:18 PM

Why do you think we will win, other than we have improved and we are due? I haven't watched UNC live yet this year. All I have seen are the ESPN highlights. Why will we beat them?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We've improved

Jan 16, 2018, 12:19 PM

and we're due.

Re: We've improved

Jan 16, 2018, 12:22 PM

Great insight and analysis! You do this for a living?

:)

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Due is an understatement***

Jan 16, 2018, 12:34 PM [ in reply to We've improved ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

watched them play a lot. daughter goes to

Jan 16, 2018, 12:26 PM

carolina (thats the real one usuck d bags). they are heavily reliant on maye and berry. they are looking for 3rd scorer. team flows through luke maye. he's just a solid all around player. if tigers turn it over like at state, game will get out of hand quickly. if tigers can neutralize maye and make them pay inside, tigers will win. daughter won student lottery tix for game (yes, that is a real thing when you play for a powerhouse) and is wearing baby blue and orange.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Bruh, pics of daughter or it didn't happen.***

Jan 16, 2018, 12:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sent...

Jan 16, 2018, 12:33 PM

check tmail.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i only have pics of

Jan 16, 2018, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Bruh, pics of daughter or it didn't happen.*** ]

bob

#metoo

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Sent.***

Jan 16, 2018, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Bruh, pics of daughter or it didn't happen.*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Received. And

Jan 16, 2018, 2:13 PM

thank you.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I amlooking foward to this thing.

Jan 16, 2018, 12:30 PM [ in reply to watched them play a lot. daughter goes to ]

How do we match up on the boards?

Re: I amlooking foward to this thing.

need to box out and stay out of foul trouble. really need to dive for every loose ball and be aggressive. if williams or cam gets going, along with maye and berry, then it could be long night. they are beatable on boards but maye will get his

Here's how it will go...

Jan 16, 2018, 12:28 PM

UNC will most likely take the lead early until we get hot shooting and make some outside shots and we will take the lead before the half is over. We come out red hot in the 2nd half and extend the lead even further. Then UNC will start running the court more as we start missing shots and failing to get offensive rebounds. The crowd will get into it and Roy will squat down and look like he's taking a deuce on the floor. And then we will notice a trend. With 2 minutes left, UNC will have shot 12 more free throws than us. It will be a 5 on 8 game. Thomas will foul out. UNC will shoot free throws on ever possession. Every. Single. Possession. By the end they will have extended their lead to 12 and the Tigers lose. Again.

Sound familiar?

Go into it with that attitude so you won't be disappointed. Then somehow, if the Tigers shock the world, we will all be elated and let's get drunk. Hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Here's how it will go...

Jan 16, 2018, 12:31 PM

Do you have someone in Australia who watched the game already?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately we have all watched that game already

Jan 16, 2018, 12:32 PM

Many, many times.

^^this***

Jan 16, 2018, 12:35 PM

Re: Unfortunately we have all watched that game already

Jan 16, 2018, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately we have all watched that game already ]

We're not talking about the History Channel! :) Dream big...BIG. YUGE, in fact! I dare ya!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's how it will go...

Jan 16, 2018, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Here's how it will go... ]

Refs will make sure we get in foul trouble, also the refs will make sure the Tarholes are on the line shooting fouls at the end.

Re: Here's how it will go...your attitude sucks big time!***

Jan 16, 2018, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Here's how it will go... ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So does your face***

Jan 16, 2018, 1:03 PM

His attitude has nothing to do with the final tonight

Jan 16, 2018, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Here's how it will go...your attitude sucks big time!*** ]

The refs however will be a different story on the outcome of this game.
HTH

Thank you NostrASSdamus***

Jan 16, 2018, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Here's how it will go... ]

I was always fond of NostraDUMBASS myself***

Jan 16, 2018, 1:49 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what makes me, me.***

Jan 16, 2018, 2:03 PM

Please refrain from personal attacks.

Jan 16, 2018, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Thank you NostrASSdamus*** ]

Consider this your last warning.

Sadly this is probably about spot on

Jan 16, 2018, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Here's how it will go... ]

I figure Thomas to help Maye and Mitchell to prevent an offensive burst will both be sitting before 2nd tv timeout.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Veterans, poise in the backcourt, improved bench strength...

Jan 16, 2018, 12:31 PM

... and just enough naivete to stroll into Blue Heaven and not be awestruck. Also very solid on the free throw line.

This plus 2 excellent senior leaders and new big men depth***

Jan 16, 2018, 12:50 PM

Re: For those who think we wil win tonight...

Tigers have a chance due to experience in the backcourt. If we can minimize turnovers and continue the balance scoring the streak could end.

They are not as big down low as last years. They do have more depth than us tho. I think starting 5 we match up well player for player. They have been playing small ball lately which I think helps us on the boards. If you can stop Maye or Berry they don't have a lot of great scorers. We are a great team and if we start making shots can beat anybody if we do not turn it over. They are UNC and are very talented. It is a road game in the ACC so it will not be easy. Also if we have a lead late will pressure build because of the streak? We could win or lose but we can play with/beat anybody imo.

That's good news*****

Jan 16, 2018, 12:35 PM

Jan 16, 2018, 12:39 PM

michigan st beat them by "out muscling" them - that's the key. crash the boards

Jan 16, 2018, 12:44 PM

Hopefully they'll be looking past us like they did Wofford. Maybe then we can sneak up on them and steal our first W in CH. If Wofford can do it, there's NO reason why we can't.

Wofford winning there is not good news for us...***

Jan 16, 2018, 12:55 PM

Re: Wofford winning there is not good news for us...***

Jan 16, 2018, 1:07 PM

Yeah, maybe Wofford was their wake up call to not take the so-called easy wins for granted (Syracuse??), I'll give you that. I was just thinking it's possible. Fingers crossed.

Jan 16, 2018, 12:46 PM

I hope we win.....wish I was as confident as so many others....but I've seen this happen all too many times to go up there and lay an egg and lose yet again. Not only do we go up against UNC but also the refs. But I'm optimistically hopeful

Jan 16, 2018, 1:10 PM

I’m not saying we will win, but this is why we might win...
First off, We have many scorers on our team, so we can still if one guy has an off night. Also UNC has to defend well against 5 guys instead of just 1. Secondly, this team has proven to be very resilient. As we saw in the last 1:30 against NCST this team never gives up. So I have confidence this team can at least keep it close. Lastly, this team is very old, so they can keep their composure in big, close, games.

Good Luck Tigers, I’ll be rooting for you!

We will not win tonight.

Jan 16, 2018, 2:33 PM

I love this team, but I refuse to get emotionally trapped by this one game. I gave up the year we got so many fouls we only had four guys on the floor.

When we beat them it will come when absolutely no one expects it.

Sorry for the pessimism. I think this team can get to sweet 16 or better. I don’t want them putting much stock in this game. They need to understand the systematic cheating that has taken place in Chapel Hole for 50 years. Hell, the Cawks got so feed up, they left the conference

Message was edited by: tigertrain®

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic