Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those who are worried about LSU’s pass attack
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

For those who are worried about LSU’s pass attack

Jan 1, 2020, 10:43 AM

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21

Their total Offense only had 5 more TDs than ours! Not sure how much their starters played in the second half, but I know how little ours played.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those who are worried about LSU’s pass attack

Jan 1, 2020, 10:50 AM

Also, defensively, they gave up 38 points to the mighty Commodores of Vanderbilt. The same Vanderbilt team that finished with their Offense ranked 123 out of 130.

Jan 1, 2020, 10:53 AM

I'm not worried about their passing attack in general, but of those so-called big game pass completions , the ones for big chunks of yardage. Against Georgia and Oklahoma, Burrows was able to escape a tackle for loss, and complete a long downfield pass to a wide-open receiver.
That more than anything is what scares me.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:01 AM

I can see that. We kind of had the same feeling about OSU and their longest pass play was only 20 something yards. That’s with us getting NO pressure on fields. We will get more pressure on Burrow, but he is a better passer out of the pocket than fields. Either way, I feel like BV got caught with his pants down a little bit at the beginning against OSU, and he will be focused on not letting that happen again. I think we can definitely move the ball against them their D ranks 29th overall and 55th against the pass.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: For those who are worried about LSU’s pass attack ]

Yeah, BV will scheme to make them grind down the field.

OTOH, top billing had a film breakdown which indicated that LSU would prefer to throw the short pass if you don't press them across the board. it seems like the 3 - 3 - 5 could do both - press the short pass and protect against the deep pass.

Then the question becomes can we stop the run. I'd take that poison - I don't think they can run their way to victory against us.

Jan 1, 2020, 10:59 AM

One thing I'll say about LSU is that they seem to have IMPROVED alot throughout the year--on both sides of the ball.

This devalues total seasons stats somewhat.

Of course, we have improved as well, especially on offense.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:10 AM

The stat that jumps out at me is we have played against 5 offenses that ended up in the top 30. Lswho has played 2. We gave up 23 and 20 respectively to two of those. The others were held down.

Flip side, they gave up 40 and 28.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic