Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those thinking about purchasing a Tailgate Generator
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

For those thinking about purchasing a Tailgate Generator

Jun 27, 2018, 9:20 PM

Harbor freight has them on sale with super coupon for $88.88....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those thinking about purchasing a Tailgate Generator

Jun 27, 2018, 9:21 PM

I’m actually in the market for one. Are they good quality though? I don’t want to purchase an off brand and have it die at the tailgate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Loud generator+Carolina hat+few beers/Clemson Tailgate

Jun 27, 2018, 9:24 PM

equals trouble.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Loud generator+Carolina hat+few beers/Clemson Tailgate

Jun 27, 2018, 10:49 PM

I’m a very civil person lol.

Message was edited by: CarolinaGrad2014

Jun 27, 2018, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Re: For those thinking about purchasing a Tailgate Generator ]

I have a brand new Yamaha 2000 I will let go at a great deal

Jun 27, 2018, 11:48 PM [ in reply to Re: For those thinking about purchasing a Tailgate Generator ]

Everything at a Dirtpecker tailgate dies , respect - dignity ... and finally Hope .

I often wonder when y'all are stumbling through that awful abandoned warehouse district .. is there at least one tailgate set up with tetanus shots available ? Would be on point if there were .
Busted pallets and broken glass and all .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 28, 2018, 12:14 AM

You are talking about the old farmers market. We do not tailgate in a warehouse district and we do not stumble over broken glass and pallets. You must not have been since 2012 or seen all of the modifications and additions made to the stadium and surrounding areas. Mostly grass and trees now and I tailgate under a large oak on grass at
The VA Armory right on the other side of the renovated old farmers market.

Jun 28, 2018, 12:15 AM

Also, is that you in your icon photo? I want to know what you really look like.....

Jun 28, 2018, 1:04 AM

I lived in Forest Acres from 93 to 97 and then again for 8years from 2000 to 2007 . What I can tell you is tjat no amount of lipstick could pretty THAT pig . You can plant as many unnatural located Palmetto trees as you want , that place is surrounded by a ghetto and a bunch of industrialization.
#facts
Also , not having a stadium located on your campus gives it a non-cozy feeling , exacerbated by the vagrants wandering through the tailgates .

Yes , that is me in my photogragh . Here's me too .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Cute bait you're using in that pic

Jun 28, 2018, 7:37 AM

What were you fishin' for? ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2018, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: For those thinking about purchasing a Tailgate Generator ]

You look like you're from Moncks Corner,lol

Jun 28, 2018, 5:41 AM [ in reply to Re: For those thinking about purchasing a Tailgate Generator ]

The chicken coop is located in the bowels of cooterville, just up the road from the cooterville sewage treatment plant and closed landfill. CH4 gas is constantly oozing out of all the pvc pipes in the area.

The coots could not find a better place for the cockroach. Fits right in.

Empty warehouses and Arthur town all around.

The entire hood is an embarrassment to college football. Would not want to walk through the area at night without a 12 gauge and at least 5 friends.

These are the facts.

Jun 28, 2018, 5:56 AM

Olympia was a scattish dumpster when I lived there in my late 20s . I'm sure it hasn't improved . The Bluff Road projects . That is what their east stands should be called .

DB23

Jun 28, 2018, 12:03 PM

This is all garbage propaganda. I lived in the Woodlands off of bluff road during college and never had any problems. Sometimes walked to the stadium on gameday. That was the best area for off campus apartments and partying at the time. Since then, they have built up some really nice college apartments near five points and downtown. We live in the state capital, in a decent sized city, and our campus is spread it through the city. We are not a small college town like Clemson or UGA where our campus is all together and football stadium is on campus.

Jun 28, 2018, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Re: For those thinking about purchasing a Tailgate Generator ]

Quote "The entire hood is an embarrassment to college football"

I'm afraid you have that backwards. Willy Brice is an embarrassment to an otherwise perfectly fine ghetto hood!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yamaha and hOnda are the best, quitest, reliable

Jun 28, 2018, 7:31 AM [ in reply to Re: For those thinking about purchasing a Tailgate Generator ]

Anything else you get what you pay for. People will tell you the other brands are not much louder but they are.

I had a 20 yr old honda 6500 , 650 watts that ran like a champ. Changed the oil twice, never gave me problems.. was enough to run a tv, satelite, and 1 other low powe device.

If all you need to run is a tv set up, get one of these battery jumpers with an AC outlet.

I used one at the orange bowl a few years ago and it ran the tv for 8 hrs .

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jun 28, 2018, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Re: For those thinking about purchasing a Tailgate Generator ]

Dootel Bug Dootel Bug your house is on fire! Everything about usuck is akin to a festered boil with a bandage on top. When you remove the bandage the festered boil is still there. Crawl back in your dumpster and close the lid behind you!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2018, 12:04 PM

As I feel the same way about clemson, yet I’ve never set foot on your campus or driven through. Never seen it.

Jun 28, 2018, 1:30 PM

So you think Columbia is nicer than Clemson but have never been there? Have you ever left Columbia?

TIA

Jun 28, 2018, 3:59 PM

If he ever seen the campus at Clemson, then he would know why we call that coot village a dumpster fire!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2018, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: For those thinking about purchasing a Tailgate Generator ]

Yes. I live in St. Augustine, FL currently. But I have lived all over the country in various states, and I didn't mind Columbia.

Jun 29, 2018, 8:25 AM

he meant that is was ok and not terrible far from good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven’t been since 2003. Won’t go back either.

Jun 28, 2018, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Re: For those thinking about purchasing a Tailgate Generator ]

Redneck ########. It doesn’t matter how many upgrades y’all do, your fans are still going to be horrible.

If you buy this generator

Jun 28, 2018, 6:58 AM

Your tailgate neighbors will hate you.

Re: If you buy this generator

Jun 28, 2018, 12:18 PM

Truth.

If all you want to run is a TV and sat box, most folks would be better off buying a Group 27 deep cycle battery (not a hybrid) and a 200 watt power inverter. You can charge the battery up during the week and it will run totally silent and fume free through your tailgate. The whole setup should run you less than $200.

https://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?dir=asc&order=EAScore%2Cf%2CEAFeatured+Weight%2Cf%2CSale+Rank%2Cf&q=inverter

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

That is 1982 electric boogaloo technology

Jun 28, 2018, 12:23 PM

It's 2018
https://www.amazon.com/STANLEY-J509-Jump-Starter-Instant/dp/B003ZYS8UW/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1530202515&sr=8-9&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=battery+jumper+starter&dpPl=1&dpID=51kFSYoRgiL&ref=plSrch

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: That is 1982 electric boogaloo technology

Jun 28, 2018, 12:27 PM

TU for "electric boogaloo" reference lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2018, 12:33 PM [ in reply to That is 1982 electric boogaloo technology ]

Yeah, you realize the difference between batteries designed to have a short burst of high current designed to start and internal combustion engine and those designed to provide long lasting power and lower amperages?

What you posted is the former. What I posted is the latter.

https://www.batterysystems.net/deep-cycle-vs-starting-battery/

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

No1 runs troller motors in lot 16. Both will work for tailgating. .

Jun 28, 2018, 12:51 PM

The deep cycle will last longer, but the jump starter will provide more functuality before it craps out.

I ran a 32 inch led tv off a small crappy jump box, with a $12 crappy walmart dc/ac converter for at least 6 hrs. ..I have no idea how long it would have lasted.

That jump box is still going strong 2 years later. ...however I only used it twice in this fashion. Have no idea how many times it would take to crap out.

Jun 28, 2018, 4:01 PM [ in reply to That is 1982 electric boogaloo technology ]

Now that there is a good price!!!

I have had this one for three years now.

Jun 28, 2018, 12:33 PM

I have people comment all the time about how quiet it is. I have never had a problem with it and would recommend it to anyone! Super quiet, very reliable, and only half the price of a Honda.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1311.R1.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xryobi+g.TRS0&_nkw=ryobi+generator&_sacat=0

Re: I have had this one for three years now.

Jun 28, 2018, 12:41 PM

We have one of these that we use to provide auxiliary power to our travel trailer. I've owned it for 4+ years and have never had any issues with it. I would recommend them.

However, if I were to do it again, I would buy the Westinghouse 2500.

https://www.westinghouseportablepower.com/shop/all-products/igen2500/

It would be WAY overkill for a tailgate, but would allow us to run our TT AC off grid. Given our elevation (5,000' at my house), and generator power loss as one goes up in elevation, the little ryobi is just a few watts short of being able to do it.

Re: I have had this one for three years now.

Jun 28, 2018, 6:45 PM

I recommend buying five of those $88 Harbor Freight generators in lieu of one reliable Honda, Yamaha, or Ryobi and as one conks out just toss it in the closest trashcan. Who cares if your neighboring tailgaters can't hear, their eyes burn, and can't breathe!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2018, 1:00 PM

Harbor Fright

I have a few of these at work and they've been great so far

Jun 28, 2018, 2:33 PM

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200623983_200623983?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Generators%20%3E%20Inverter%20Generators&utm_campaign=Powerhorse&utm_content=42411&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4ZyOxf322wIVjFuGCh26gQLcEAYYASABEgKZu_D_BwE

Compared to the Honda EU2000 they get about 10% worse fuel economy and are maybe a tiny bit louder, but they seem to be a really solid knock off.

Re: For the guy asking about the price!!!

Jun 28, 2018, 3:52 PM

That is the right price if you have the coupon that can be printed from the Harbor freight tool web site. Or, just bring up the site while in the store, and they will scan it from your phone. That is the way that I do it, and I don't have to bother with printing the coupon!!!

P/S This is mainly for the guy that sent the T-Mail asking about the price, I accidentally deleted the T-Mail.

I don't believe you.***

Jun 28, 2018, 3:59 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't believe you.***

Jun 28, 2018, 4:04 PM

O K ;)

Re: I don't believe you.***

Jun 28, 2018, 4:27 PM

What's better, Harbor Freight or Northern Tools?

I just want a linky for a $89 generator. I got some folks

Jun 28, 2018, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't believe you.*** ]

I need to pester with racket.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this should be pretty loud and has exactly 1 plugin

Jun 28, 2018, 7:36 PM

https://www.harborfreight.com/900-max-starting700-running-watts-2-hp-63cc-2-cycle-gas-generator-epacarb-63024.html

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic