Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those that are upset with KB getting the practice off
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

For those that are upset with KB getting the practice off

Sep 25, 2018, 5:30 PM

after talking with Dabo about being demoted - get a clue. This is what he came to Clemson to do and has done for the last 18 games. He was the QB for a playoff team. He's worked his ### off since he got here for the opportunity to be starting QB of the Clemson Tigers.

Give the dude a break. Doubt you've ever worked as hard as he has for something - most of us don't have a clue how we'd react if put in that position.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it sends the wrong message...

Sep 25, 2018, 5:42 PM

I would expect Kelly and the team to take it in stride... business as usual. Kelly should think, "I've beat the youngster out for the starting position for the first four games... he beat me this time... I'll get it back in the 'Cuse game." He has "praised" the competition since the Spring game. Why stop now?

My opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What time was the practice that he had off?***

Sep 25, 2018, 5:44 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What time was the practice that he had off?***

Sep 25, 2018, 5:55 PM

Perhaps my coach was thinking that if KB took a day off while his teammates were practicing for a big conference he might miss being a part of what’s happening and would return with a new fire.

it is unusual

Sep 25, 2018, 5:53 PM [ in reply to I think it sends the wrong message... ]

Maybe he was visibly upset and dabo wanted to give him a chance to get his head right and come back the next day so his teammates wouldn't have to see him like that.

The guy hasn't exactly had an easy life. Being clemson's qb was probably the best experience of his life. I think dabo probably handled it the best he could.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I spoke to that point earlier...

Sep 25, 2018, 5:55 PM

Maybe he would've practiced, but would've been visibly upset. Dabo wouldn't want the team to see him like that, and it wouldn't have made for a good environment for the guys to work. One could argue that it would've been more of a distraction than him just not being there.

Re: For those that are upset with KB getting the practice off

Sep 25, 2018, 6:10 PM

Would love to see him come in the third series just like he did Trevor. I think you’d see a different kb. I admit I haven’t read all the articles but I hope the coaches continue to say they’re going to play two qbs. Just can’t afford to let this be a distraction this week.

We have a tough cuse team coming in here. They’re fundamentally sound in all phases. The guy can flat out coach and develop.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree 110%

Sep 25, 2018, 6:22 PM

I stood beside 17,18,and 19 year old men in combat situations where the enemy decided whether or not you sat the bench in a black vinyl bag. If you performed correctly, then you continued to take the field. If you didn't perform correctly, then you went home in that nice aluminum box prepared for you by the US Air Force. This is football, and it's nothing more than a game. Even if these kids do not make it to the NFL they will live. Let's not become melodramatic over a young man who has been replaced as a starter in a football game.

Kelly Bryant will excel in life, just as Tajh Boyd did. People will have their opinions and that's okay. However, let's not forget who built our program from the ground up. Dabo Swinney didn't want to do what he did, but it was necessary in order to put Clemson in a better position to win games. The motto for Clemson is, BEST IS THE STANDARD. Wilkins, Dexter, Ferrell, and many others returned to Clemson to win a national title game. How fair is it to them when we keep a QB in the game who is overpowered by a defense because they have exploited his weakness. If Bryant cannot learn from this then he doesn't deserve to play and doesn't want it bad enough.

Ask yourself this question. Is Kelly Bryant good enough to even make a 53 man roster in the NFL? I do not believe so. Tajh Boyd has produced better numbers than Kelly Bryant, and even he wasn't NFL material. Kelly Bryant will leave Clemson with a degree and many business contacts. Do not feel sorry for him. Instead Cheer for the Clemson Tigers because that is who Dabo Swinney made the difficult decision for. The best man will start. Stats do not lie, and Trevor Lawrence over the course of 4 games has put up better numbers. The facts are on paper, and Kelly Bryant has an option to respond or feel sorry for himself.

GO TIGERS! 15-0 DREAM WITH ME BABY!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: I disagree 110%

Sep 25, 2018, 6:31 PM

Well put Chesty.

Message was edited by: tigersx4

I don't think the OP said anything...

Sep 25, 2018, 6:33 PM [ in reply to I disagree 110% ]

that would indicate he disagrees with coaches choice to start TL, just that people back off of KB about missing practice. Has it crossed anyone's mind that Dabo wouldn't LET him practice or did I miss where he said KB asked off?

Clap Clap Clap...

Sep 25, 2018, 6:44 PM [ in reply to I disagree 110% ]

Well put. I especially agree with your assertion that Dabo made the "tough decision" that was best for the Clemson Tiger football team. At the end of the day, whether the QB's jersey has #2 or #16 on it doesn't matter-- that it has a Tiger Paw on it does!

I will only add that I think KB will respond with a renewed dedication.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what has Tajh Boyd done besides leave tabs everywhere in dt

Sep 25, 2018, 8:28 PM [ in reply to I disagree 110% ]

gville?

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Lakeside Lodge

Sep 26, 2018, 7:47 AM

...commercials.

Ummm...did you read my post? Mistakenly posted under wrong

Sep 25, 2018, 9:58 PM [ in reply to I disagree 110% ]

message? I’m confused.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as KB is ready to go if/when needed.

Sep 25, 2018, 6:35 PM

I'd hate for CB to take his place because he wasn't ready and prepared per the practice.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

getting upset about topics you have zero knowledge

Sep 25, 2018, 6:37 PM

is the new norm. Everybody is an expert on Dabo and KB and QB's and playcalls and practice.

For some reason people feel good about complaining and particularity about $hit in which they know nothing!

Challenge [you] to go one day without complaining about something.

Re: getting upset about topics you have zero knowledge

Sep 25, 2018, 6:46 PM

Numba Twenty, it will be hard to go without complaining for me. Complaining is sort of a motif for me, and it keeps me entertained.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: getting upset about topics you have zero knowledge

Sep 25, 2018, 8:40 PM

^^^^^^^this^^^^^^

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those that are upset with KB getting the practice off

Sep 25, 2018, 6:56 PM

It seems to me, some folks aren't going be happy regardless.

Play Bryant, not happy
Play Lawrence, not happy.
run the fb, not happy
pass the ball more, not happy
practiced in the rain, not happy
practiced in the heat, not happy
troll
troll troll
troll

come on.

exactly - and it’s not even debatable***

Sep 25, 2018, 7:00 PM

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic