Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those of you that are boycotting games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

For those of you that are boycotting games

Apr 29, 2015, 7:39 PM

How many years have you been boycotting game attendance?
How many years have you been posting "fire Jack"?
Do you think that you negatively impact recruiting with your activities?
Do you think you have impact on team or coach morale?
Do you think you've made any progress with the AD or school administrators?
Is the greener grass that you seek worth the brown spots that you create in the current grass by peeing on it continually?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i would imagine yes would be the likely answer to the last.***

Apr 29, 2015, 7:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those of you that are boycotting games

Apr 29, 2015, 7:44 PM

People who are boycotting college games in any sport because they do not like the coach should never even wear the school colors. It is about pride and cheering on the ones that chose your university. They should just forfeit their future tickets. This is a case were the term 'addition by subtraction' makes perfect sense. The school is definitely better off without them.

Apr 29, 2015, 8:14 PM

Unfortunately, sometimes that is the only way you can get the attention of those that make the decisions. That applies to not only sports but also the business world as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree. . the ad makes itself available through email

Apr 30, 2015, 6:34 AM

And phone. . Probably even have a fax machine somewhere.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Who is boycotting games?

Apr 29, 2015, 8:54 PM

Man you might be the biggest delusional baseball pumper on the board.

Re: Who is boycotting games?

Apr 30, 2015, 9:35 AM

I agree. Every time I've been there the crowd has been pretty big.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2015, 9:01 PM

This is captainCU

Lol @ Baseball recruiting

Apr 29, 2015, 9:01 PM

You should consult IMISSCJ

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Apr 29, 2015, 9:30 PM

Your passion is noted. But surely you have to agree something has to change. Also, I will in GOD'S country Saturday for the game.

Apr 29, 2015, 9:38 PM

If that what it takes to eventually create a positive change for this baseball program then I'm in for all of the above.....

Nothing will force a change like empty seats like it or not.

Apr 29, 2015, 10:04 PM

We have seen it time and time again. It's noticed.

Not buying season tix sends strongest message.

Apr 29, 2015, 10:41 PM

This is guaranteed upfront money to the AD. Individual game attendees not so much. When the season tickets drop and these people stop showing up to games, trust me it is felt and it is obvious when all those orange seats are empty.

Does it affect team morale? Not likely. Losing does. Same with recruiting.

BTW, I am not a boycotter or a regular game attender and I think the program needs to be blown up and rebooted. It was obvious what Jack's ceiling was after 2002, 2006, and 2010.

I'd go to some games win or lose but I live 2.5 hours away.***

Apr 29, 2015, 10:43 PM

Re: I'd go to some games win or lose but I live 2.5 hours away.***

Apr 29, 2015, 10:59 PM

We are not talking about business or professional sports. These are kids wearing Tiger uniforms. Not even a close comparison.

Apr 30, 2015, 3:18 AM

jboyboyd, not only have these kids selected Clemson over every other school, but many aren't even on scholarship. Their are 34 kids on the roster (we are allowed 35). We are only allowed to award 11.7 scholarships. I believe that we are able to divide that by 27 kids? I think that we even have starters that receive no scholarship money for the 56(?) games and all of the practice time. They do it for the love of the game and the love of the school. College baseball is loaded with true student athletes because of the scholarship limits.

Apr 30, 2015, 3:35 AM

Clemson13, thanks for supporting the team. There aren't many folks that will give up an entire day or weekend to support their team when they can watch it on TV. If you can only take in one game this season, Saturday's and Sunday's matchup would be an excellent choice (upper 70's and sunny :) and great opponent).

Apr 30, 2015, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: I'd go to some games win or lose but I live 2.5 hours away.*** ]

100% correct! :)

Despite posts on TNet or what I've heard over the years,

Apr 30, 2015, 6:51 AM

most people who don't attend games have valid reasons such as time and distance, jobs, other commitments and so forth.

A certain number won't attend any sporting event in which our teams are performing badly. However, those who claim they are boycotting are typically few and far between from what I've gleaned over the past 50 years.

Thousands and thousands of good Clemson folks have attended sporting events over the years in good years and bad due to their support of Clemson and passions for the games. And winning or playing top-flight opponents usually will bring out the crowds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a difference between boycotting, for example, not

Apr 30, 2015, 7:49 AM

going because the Head Coach did something criminal or amoral;and not going because the play on the field has just gotten so bad that you have no interest in watching it.

Apr 30, 2015, 8:22 AM

Man - it sounds like you actually THINK you understand baseball. I'm thinking that you missed a few classes on bball201.

I was even talking to a coot supporter yesterday that follows baseball for the chickens, and he summed it up just like I would for BOTH schools - IT'S COACHING. Both schools have gone from being the best in the state to probably the worst in the state with team like Furman and PC knocking us off of our high horse. Since Gardner-Webb is not in SC, I omitted them...oh wait...

Apr 30, 2015, 9:28 AM

Well I will not comment on this any further. The original post was basically saying that people should not go to a college baseball game and support the student athletes because they do not like the coach. If you can make yourself feel better by arguing how that is appropriate behavior, then have at it.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic