Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those ?’ing George Floyd’s criminal record and why protest with him in mind...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

For those ?’ing George Floyd’s criminal record and why protest with him in mind...

Jun 7, 2020, 11:07 AM

Remember this from Mark 2nd chapter in the Bible? They questioned Jesus too about hanging with “sinners”(criminals).....

15 While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house, many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. 16 When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

17 On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come for the righteous [but for those who need a savior (deliverance, help, hope, redemption, special attention)]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sinner= sinning AND sinned against for clarity sakes .

Jun 7, 2020, 11:08 AM

Nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those ?’ing George Floyd’s criminal record and why protest with him in mind...

Jun 7, 2020, 11:30 AM

I’m ok with it as long as they read Mathew 5:9 before they go out protesting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If That Were Your Pregnant Daughter or Wife He Pointed a Gun

Jun 7, 2020, 11:33 AM

at and threatened to kill her and her unborn you might find some more appropriate scripture.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If That Were Your Pregnant Daughter or Wife He Pointed a Gun

Jun 7, 2020, 11:41 AM

Was that for me or original poster?

Original...Did it Not Stack Properly?***

Jun 7, 2020, 11:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Original...Did it Not Stack Properly?***

Jun 7, 2020, 11:48 AM

Got it. Yeah I’m just saying if you want to protest it’s fine as long as your intent is racial peace. I hope we begin to see the peace makers become more active.

Seems like a State problem

Jun 7, 2020, 11:56 AM

A #### state that has been under DEMOCRAT control since 1932.

Re: For those ?’ing George Floyd’s criminal record and why protest with him in mind...

Jun 7, 2020, 12:02 PM

All these posts man. I get it. Just don’t get why you keep posting in the football board. Politics and religion board... That’s what it’s there for.

Respect, but respect the other posters and viewers.

l agree. Hope the mods give HBROWN a temporary ban

Jun 7, 2020, 12:27 PM

if he keeps prostelytiziny on the main board so he can cool off.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I’ll go if EVERYONE goes....

Jun 7, 2020, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: For those ?’ing George Floyd’s criminal record and why protest with him in mind... ]

I notice certain people complain about my posts while are silent about stuff like clogging and catching fish

Don't go, just post you opinions on the PR board.***

Jun 7, 2020, 1:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I’ll go if EVERYONE goes....

Jun 7, 2020, 1:19 PM [ in reply to I’ll go if EVERYONE goes.... ]

Two wrongs don’t make a right; that’s fundamental. Also, unless you pay attention, those posts you are referring to are probably in the correct board such as Amphitheater so if your setting is to “show all” boards, you’ll still see fishing posts. Politics and Religion are their own board people can choose to go look at and post. There you can espouse all your religious and political views ad nauseam.

This actually the base....

Jun 7, 2020, 8:54 PM [ in reply to I’ll go if EVERYONE goes.... ]

ball & basketball board-

Jun 7, 2020, 12:55 PM

H. Brown, I genuinely appreciate your posts as it appears many other T-netters do too. Tigernet needs diverse perspectives, and you have attempted to open people's minds instead of attacking or making condemnations.

I think it's funny that you posted the story of Levi because this story has come across my mind several times recently as well. I don't read the Bible as much as I should, mostly just a children's Bible to my son at bedtime, so it is rare for me to quote or reference it. The particular story you brought up has resonated with me recently because I feel the best way to change people is to forgive and show unconditional love. They say if you always tell someone they are bad, they will always be bad. If you always tell someone they are an idiot, they will always be an idiot.

I'm sure throughout history it has been tough (especially for black people) to grow while being stereotyped and told they are inferior. You are not wrong to use this story to apply it to people of your race, but I also think it could be applied to those who have had the finger pointed at them recently. Many white people feel they have been unfairly labeled as racists, overprivileged, and closed minded to others. I think it's time to be more forgiving to all. Maybe give someone the benefit of the doubt and show them unconditional love instead of condemning them and demanding they be fired. Maybe people wouldn't be on the defense and more willing to listen or change themselves the way Levi did.

I'm not making this all about me or saying I deserve more or less sympathy than you. I would just like to see a positive change for all people- not at the expense of others.

Jun 7, 2020, 1:53 PM

The Good AA people I know and work with are embarrassed by this whole situation.
They have told me this has taken them a step back from all they have accomplished the last 20 years. They believe for the most part they feel just as equal as white folks . It’s getting better and better and times have changed.
Those people in the streets are making them look bad .

Jun 7, 2020, 2:39 PM

HBrown
In referencing Jesus and Levi it should be kept in mine that Jesus message did not evolve to suit the audience
Those at that dinner needed to hear from Jesus but they heard his absolute truth
Thise that questioned heard truth as well
Jesus did not bow to sinners or sin ever
In your application to todays protests or riots you hear of folks saying theft destruction and violence are ok because of anger
Jesus never said you can be naughty as long as your angry
As he told the girl at the well
Go and sin no more
The protesters rioters antifa et al should go and sin no more
Being violent to others does not reverse anything that happened with Floyd

Jun 7, 2020, 4:01 PM

Good points Tigerbean. Many people think that because Jesus associated with sinners that he condoned sin. Absolutely not. He loved them but spoke unbridled truth to them. He even warned them of the eternal consequences of their behavior. See just about every parable that he taught.

Not talking about riots or looters.

Jun 7, 2020, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Re: For those ?’ing George Floyd’s criminal record and why protest with him in mind... ]

I’m talking about protesting or standing with a cause for someone or groups of people who don’t have perfect records. Some discredit marching for the death and valuing the life of those like George Floyd because he had a criminal record. That’s not a good enough reason is my point. I was hoping we would focus on how the Pharisees sought to discredit what Jesus was doing in being with “those” questionable people who I must add might not become believers or turn to him. But he acquainted himself with their grief and human fallen and broken condition.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic