Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those downplaying our #1 ranking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

For those downplaying our #1 ranking

Nov 3, 2015, 9:21 PM

Yes it doesnt matter until DEC 6th... but you have to realize, this is the first time EVER in a lot of our lifetimes that we have been able to say we are #1... let us enjoy it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just hope the team doesn't look at it like this

Nov 3, 2015, 9:22 PM

We've scratched and clawed our way to the top. We need to work even harder to stay at the top.

And lots of talented young men have Clemson on their minds

Nov 3, 2015, 9:25 PM

Future is bright!

Re: For those downplaying our #1 ranking

Nov 3, 2015, 9:25 PM

well this system while not perfect is a little better than some of these polls. I think this is designed to be a truer gauge of talent

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2015, 9:28 PM

So if we lose to FSU, then you'll feel better knowing that we were ranked #1 in a meaningless poll?

Nov 3, 2015, 10:00 PM

Sorry bro, way to poop on the party. Like Dabo says we can lose any game. I don't think we will or should but it could happen. I think these coaches and players have more heart and talent than any Clemson fan younger than 35 has ever seen. I was 3 in 81.

Nov 3, 2015, 10:51 PM

To each their own. I won't get jazzed about a #1 ranking, unless that's where they are at the end of the year. MISS St was in the same position this time last year and didn't finish the deal.

If this ranking means something to folks, that's fine. But I'm not one to celebrate anything mid-season. I love that the Tigers are winning, but this ranking means jack squat to me.

Nov 3, 2015, 11:45 PM

So, does that mean you can only allow yourself to celebrate Clemson Football if we win the national championship? That is a pretty high standard right there. I don't expect you to be celebrating more than a coup,e more times in your life...

You did say to each their own, so you do it your way. I'm just fine with celebrating the fact that Clemson is seen nationally as a power, as a contender for the national championship, as a promising place for stud high school players to sign with and get nurtured on and off the field, and as the school that sits atop the first CFB poll this season. I'm ecstatic. It doesn't mean a hill of beans regarding who will win the natty this season, but it is, at least in my mind, something to celebrate and enjoy.

Just my two cents...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2015, 10:04 AM

What I am saying is to me (IMO) the ranking is meaningless. I enjoy each victory and want them to succeed, but I don't care where we are ranked in the middle of the season.

I'm simply not of the camp that gets excited by a somewhat arbitrary ranking.

But as I said, to each their own.

I'm old enough to be able to say it...double edge sword...

Nov 3, 2015, 10:09 PM

...I guess. On the one hand you young folks might be able to say it again in your lifetime whereas I was lucky enough to say it as a Clemson freshman. Sweet either way! :)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i have never seen Clemson at #1, and it feels great!***

Nov 4, 2015, 10:05 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic