Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For the house coots...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

For the house coots...

Aug 18, 2013, 11:18 AM

Do you really support how Spurrier acts? I can't imagine that any fan would be able to actually say that they are proud of a coach that runs his mouth and honestly makes the school and program look stupid. I understand that you are proud that he has brought your program to respectability after 100 plus seasons, but you can't tell me that you are actually happy that he is always running his mouth.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They sold their soul when they hired the clown.....

Aug 18, 2013, 11:22 AM

what make you think that croud would'nt be proud of him?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point***

Aug 18, 2013, 11:24 AM

nor the fact that his qb coach urinated on main street,

Aug 18, 2013, 11:24 AM

he shows up to practice in full redneck attire, he has been caught cheating, for the 1st time in his career, and plenty of other examples of his fine, upstanding behavior. yeah, that school probably is very happy to have him, now that i think about it.

Re: For the house coots...

Aug 18, 2013, 11:25 AM

DO WE REALLY CARE?

When you talk the talk, you have to walk the walk....

Aug 18, 2013, 11:27 AM

Spurrier does and he owns Clemson.

Re: When you talk the talk, you have to walk the walk....

Aug 18, 2013, 11:36 AM

Steve Spurrier is 6 and 5 against Clemson. Your definition of "owns" is weak at best.

What are you talking about? This rivalry only goes back 4 yr***

Aug 18, 2013, 11:47 AM

LOL!! They are so stupid it's really sad.***

Aug 19, 2013, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Re: When you talk the talk, you have to walk the walk.... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2013, 2:27 AM [ in reply to Re: When you talk the talk, you have to walk the walk.... ]

> Steve Spurrier is 6 and 5 against Clemson. Your
> definition of "owns" is weak at best.

to be fair, if Spurrier's all time winning % against CU is 6 out of 11(55%) and CU's all time record vs SoCar is is around 60%, so if can't be that weak unless 5% makes a huge difference to you. FTR, I don't think Spurrier owns CU, just Dabo.

Aug 18, 2013, 11:40 AM [ in reply to When you talk the talk, you have to walk the walk.... ]

For the life of me I can't understand why the dirtpeckers have so much trouble with Auburn and LSU. Just can't handle them while the Tigers have won the last three against those powerhouses. They can't walk the walk there.

At LSU...they hid the 'feed' in corndogs....

Aug 18, 2013, 11:52 AM

the dirt peckers became confused.

Aug 20, 2013, 2:30 AM [ in reply to Re: When you talk the talk, you have to walk the walk.... ]

this would make sense if we didn't meet head to head. The Auburn game in 2011 still pisses me off though.

He walks the walk of an immature ###?

Aug 18, 2013, 12:01 PM [ in reply to When you talk the talk, you have to walk the walk.... ]

Yeah, I suppose you're right. He always has actaully.

Thing is, those dirty caulksuckers absolutely hated

Aug 18, 2013, 12:10 PM

that focker, when he was at UF.

As has been stated, they sold their very souls, wound up on probation, suffering from a total lack of institutional control. For what? 5th place?

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What probation?***

Aug 18, 2013, 2:01 PM

Better question....which probation ?

Aug 18, 2013, 4:43 PM

USCheat

Re: Better question....which probation ?

Aug 18, 2013, 5:51 PM

Tell em coot. Smh

Um, uSC has been on probation twice since ~2005..........

Aug 19, 2013, 1:46 PM

What are you syh about?

To the house Coots!!.....

Aug 18, 2013, 11:58 AM

You SUCK!!!!!

Go Tigers!!!

Aug 18, 2013, 12:31 PM

Personally I wouldn't say some things he does. If I knew him personally I am not sure I would like him. He isn't my friend though. He coaches my team. I don't think he says anything really embarrassing. I think he tries to get in people head for a reason. Honestly , I don't think he has said anything nearly as embarrassing as dabos rant or on the field antics and screaming after wins.

that ( the rant), was spot on, emotions are fine. showing up

Aug 18, 2013, 12:38 PM

to your teams practice in nothing but shorts, on the other hand, is about creepy. why would you go watch your team, while you were half undressed ? he would have been arrested if that were a womens team he was watching! he just may have the same thoughts, if you get my drift!

Re: that ( the rant), was spot on, emotions are fine. showing up

Aug 18, 2013, 1:39 PM

The rant was contrived, unprofessional, and sour grapes. Screaming uncontrollably and hugging reporters is childish.

I do wish spurrier would wear a shirt at all times.

Just like when spurcock was at UF, if Dabo

Aug 18, 2013, 1:43 PM

should happen to wind up at USuCk, you would lap him up like biscuit gravy.

Re: Just like when spurcock was at UF, if Dabo

Aug 18, 2013, 5:41 PM

By the way. Where is Fat Brad? Most Gamecocks dislike him far more than any Clemson head coach ever. Took us further down the drain then accepted a ride off the field on rival sholders. Was he a spy you guys hired to insure an 0 - 11 year?

Didn't like Spurrier at Fla. Hard to like someone who kicks your fanny regularly and if you are on the other side he is pretty obnoxious. He may be an ****ole but he is our ****ole.

Kind of interesting but I just got of Gamecock Central and hour or so ago. On the first page there was one mention of Clemson. Things do change.

the lady reporter after the cfa bowl actually thought the

Aug 18, 2013, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Re: that ( the rant), was spot on, emotions are fine. showing up ]

hug was genuinely just from the pure joy of the victory and had no problem whatsoever.
you still haven't gave me a reasonable explanation as to why sos goes to his practices half naked.

Re: that ( the rant), was spot on, emotions are fine. showing up

Aug 18, 2013, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Re: that ( the rant), was spot on, emotions are fine. showing up ]

>
> Screaming uncontrollably and hugging
> reporters is childish.
>

Dabo is going into his fifth year as a head coach and he's young. you may not like it but his players and recruits love it.

He prefers his coach attend practice half nekkid and

Aug 18, 2013, 1:54 PM

act like a spoiled brat, by drawing attention to himself, at every turn.

i think he loves his coach 1/2 nekkid (he is a c.o.c.k. fan)

Aug 18, 2013, 2:06 PM

and you're spot on- they should change their name to the south cackilacky friggin spurriors!

Curious, but how old are you?

Aug 19, 2013, 3:02 PM

Just skimming through your posts and it seems you have the maturity level of a 15 year old.

I understand the biased behavior (Dabo's 5 minute rant was fine, you know because it was true... Spurrier makes one jab every other week against Clemson, he's the devil).

You don't have a good reason as to why he has his shirt off at practice other than homosexual tendencies? Do you not live in South Carolina?

dang, wrong on every accusation. if you feel you are any

Aug 19, 2013, 3:17 PM

more mature than me, you are kidding yourself. if you have a degree, you have more than i do, but probably not many more credit hours, mine just haven't been applied towards any degree. i helped load fighter planes during vietnam, and i was active duty, us army during the first gulf war, and scarng during a lot of iraq/afghanistan, so i am plenty old enough.
yes, i live in greenville,s.c., so i know that it HAS NOT been hot enough to have to go to a practice half-nekkid. if you would be so kind, WOULD and COULD you tell me why he wants to go watch a bunch of teenage/or early 20-something guys dressed this way. i promise you, your answer has no more merit than mine!

well banter aside, thank you for your service. My dad fought

Aug 19, 2013, 3:24 PM

in Vietnam as well.

You seem to be hung up on him going shirtless to practice during a Carolina summer. Although I can't give you a full proof answer, he is the coach, and it's hot, that's about all I got. Personally I'd be more worried if all the 20-something guys had their shirts off and he was watching.

i've just never seen it. from coaches in suits and ties, on

Aug 19, 2013, 3:35 PM

down to coaches in sweat suits, i have seen. never, and i repeat, never had i seen a head coach, at a minor university, oh, ok, a university, come to practice without a shirt or shoes. what does he think about your school? does he not realize that he is supposed to set the example for these young men? i, for one, am dang glad he is y'alls hc, and not ours! i would be the first in line at the schools admin offices with a signed petition to fire his ###! what petrino did while at arkansas, imo,was not any worse than this example of misbehavior!

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

Apples to Oranges I suppose.

Aug 19, 2013, 3:45 PM

I've never seen or heard of a college kid sharing a bed with his mom for 3 years (or however long he admitted to doing it)

when money is tight, you do what you have to, to survive.

Aug 19, 2013, 3:51 PM

you've never been poor, or to a third world country, have you? you see all kinds of arrangements so people can survive.

Re: i've just never seen it. from coaches in suits and ties, on

Aug 19, 2013, 4:03 PM [ in reply to i've just never seen it. from coaches in suits and ties, on ]

"Set an example for these kids?"

You're really reaching to find something wrong with taking your shirt off when outside for sports. Ever heard of "shirts and skins?"

I find it humorous how Spurrier is the most down to earth coach, but gets accused of being pompous.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

yes. but people on the sidelines didn't pull their shirt off

Aug 20, 2013, 9:38 AM

to watch the game! he is the HC of a school (even if it is USUC) he is supposed to be setting a standard for the players. i guess he is, though, look at the guys y'all have turned out!

You're the resident expert on reaching for an argument...***

Aug 21, 2013, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: i've just never seen it. from coaches in suits and ties, on ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And throwing your visor on the ground

Aug 19, 2013, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: that ( the rant), was spot on, emotions are fine. showing up ]

Whenever anything goes wrong isn't childish and unprofessional? I question your logic...

Most coot fans I know ...

Aug 18, 2013, 1:24 PM

would make Spurrier blush ... they are fouled mouth crap.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2013, 2:09 PM

Guys, I went to both schools and pay for season tickets for both giving away tix I don't use form week to week. I have family members that attended both and we have good clean fun around our teams and football season.

I don't know either coach personally and can only go off of what they say in the media and what is said of them by people in the know. Dabo wears his emotions on his sleeves. He proudly speaks of his religion. That matters to some and can make a difference with his players. To some that comes across as a car used salesman and not very believable. Not that it is right, just facts, some think it is contrived.

Spurrier has always come across as a jerk demanding perfection and yelling on the sidelines. I would say very similar to Brent V with regards to getting fired up on the sidelines. Some don't like that and think he is the devil. He chides other coaches with what I remember as good banter among guys in the fraternity house. Most men can take it and enjoy a good ribbing every now and then among friends. Many may not know that he motivates players in his own way. MAny here know Thompson wears his religion on his sleeves and that motivates him. He talks of Spurrier slipping bible verses in his locker before games. That says something.

I am not trying to make excuses for either but I don't think either is the devil. They are different types of men just like all of us. Some people think Dabo could have taken a shot back at Spurrier rather than knocking a whole school and fan base when his issue was with the coach. I didn't like hearing it but would have been fine with him chiming in on Spurrier. He chose not to and some were offended.

Only these guys friends and family know the real men and on both accts the people who know them best say how great a man each is so I will believe that until proven otherwise.

Tell 'em coot

Aug 18, 2013, 3:00 PM

Always a laugh to see a coot poser reply to another coot poser.

Seriously MORON... You're an IDIOT***

Aug 18, 2013, 4:03 PM

Tell 'em coot

Aug 18, 2013, 4:37 PM

Fooling no one LOL

You're the fool. All you do is go around starting crap with

Aug 19, 2013, 4:57 PM

people. Get a freaking life man. Do you even have a job? I bet all you do is sit at home in your parents basement bedroom that you have and watch Lord of the rings. Seriously guy... get a freaking life.

Your life revolves around my posts.

Aug 19, 2013, 9:40 PM

Thanks for being a follower. Tell 'em coot. LOL

is that, you got threw outta clemson and ended up at usuc?

Aug 18, 2013, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: For the house coots... ]

and nah, good natured ribbing is one thing, getting threw under the bus, however, is an entirely different animal. to me, as i was an nco, i would take the blame for my guys in meetings, and heck yeah, i would give'em heck IN PRIVATE! and dabo is 100% correct, outside of south carolina, usc is southern cal, carolina is unc. get over it.

Re: is that, you got threw outta clemson and ended up at usuc?

Aug 18, 2013, 5:50 PM

I was an E5 in the Army (long ago,I'm 68)and I appreciate your service. I'm a Gamecock, but still thanks.

Aug 18, 2013, 2:16 PM

Why is it that on a Tiger board you people are obsessed with SC? Who cares?

Aug 18, 2013, 2:48 PM

I work with several Carolina fans who do not care for Spurrier's mouth, his lack of dress at practice, and his calling out people in press conferences. They do like the level of success he has brought their school, just don't care much for some of the baggage that comes with it......kinda like Clemson in the 1980's. That said, given a choice, most USC fans would rather keep Dabo at Clemson, rather than Spurrier in Columbia.

hey, fyi, so would clemson fans! sos is a blight on our fine

Aug 18, 2013, 4:10 PM

state. and i would bet a dollar to a dime, he'll never get accepted at augusta national, which is what he so desperately wants. ha! he blew that one. (he seems to enjoy that,though!)

Re: hey, fyi, so would clemson fans! sos is a blight on our fine

Aug 18, 2013, 6:23 PM

Wonder if Hootie feels the same way as you Sarge?

Says the guy with "tiger" in his handle on a RIVAL's board.

Aug 19, 2013, 11:14 PM [ in reply to Re: For the house coots... ]

lol smh.

Aug 19, 2013, 11:51 PM

I love Spurrier. Any guy who coaches barefoot and shirtless is a bad ### in my book.

I can't however see him screaming after a win against Auburn or screaming about National Championships after winning the Chic Fila Bowl, or going off on a tirade after hearing something about an opposing coach that isn't even true.

I know you guys love Dabo. We tend to think he is a clown. We love Spurrier and you guys think he is a clown. I guess that is good. We both like out coaches and think the other guys coach is embarrassing.

Have you seen Spurrier beat Auburn or win a Peach Bowl?

Aug 20, 2013, 3:01 AM

I've seen our clown do both, so I have a point of reference for it...If you eventually beat Auburn and or win a Peach Bowl, maybe Spurrier will show us how to win gracefully...

Re: Have you seen Spurrier beat Auburn or win a Peach Bowl?

Aug 20, 2013, 12:09 PM

No. Have you ever seen dabo win a National Championship?

Yes, Yes I have...He won one in 92...At another school, just

Aug 20, 2013, 4:37 PM

like Stevie's... So they have that in common...Both of their greatest achievements were at OTHER SEC schools...

USC(jr) has mostly fans not alumni, they want wins at any

Aug 20, 2013, 7:30 AM

cost so they sit in their trailer homes throughout SC and cheer that prick OBS on. They have never learned poise or civility. The house coots are not on the board as they're clocking in for their shift at a local Wal-Mart. Clean-up in aisle 5 Johnny gamecock.

Re: For the house coots...Spot On

Aug 20, 2013, 9:31 AM

I agree 100% with you. He is an immature adult, who believes due to his position and income that he is being comical and so he keeps doing it. It will bite him in the ###. I believe the bulldog is going to bite his ### in Athens after a loss by the Bulldogs to Clemson Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2013, 12:06 PM

What exactly has he done to "make the program look stupid"? Its completely the opposite. He brought respectibility and national attention to the program and has improved it by miles. To say otherwise is just denial.

Aug 20, 2013, 2:29 PM

OMG, I love that 1) TNetters call them "house coots" and 2) they answer to it.

they answer to a lot worse, trust me! house coots is 1 of

Aug 20, 2013, 2:41 PM

the more congenial names we give'em (and that they answer to) most of the time we just type -calling all d.a.'s, and they will trip all over themselves trying to get to their keyboards! right now, it's like the lizard man, we know they do it (and it's out there), we just ain't got it put up on you tube at the moment...

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic