Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For the first time I went from huge Brownell supporter to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,714

For the first time I went from huge Brownell supporter to

Jan 31, 2015, 8:50 PM

some questions about him early this year. That was stupid and won't happen again. Great job coach and glad he is at Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For the first time I went from huge Brownell supporter to

Jan 31, 2015, 9:00 PM

I've said it before on here and I say it again: From top to bottom, BB's one of the best in the business. We at Indiana would love to have the guy up here where recruiting basketball would be a lot easier for him. Congrats Tiger fans. Y'all have a good one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For the first time I went from huge Brownell supporter to

Jan 31, 2015, 9:33 PM

Did you hear Elden Campbell say that he and some of the other old-timers were going to get involved, get some big men to Clemson? That's what we need ex-nba stars spreading the word.

Great ... but where have they been for the last 20 years?

Jan 31, 2015, 9:40 PM

Not saying they haven't been throwing their full support behind the program all along. Maybe they have. But, this statement makes it sound as if they just decided to be jump on board.

they have to be made to feel they are still part of the

Feb 1, 2015, 8:41 AM

program, embraced by the current staff. Maybe that is just now happening, but I don't know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: they have to be made to feel they are still part of the

Feb 1, 2015, 10:50 AM

longstall: r s a great one and a major need for the Tigers to take advantage of!

Well sais Bry- a lot of us in that boat!***

Feb 1, 2015, 10:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL....BT, you don't have to say you were stupid...we all

Feb 1, 2015, 11:28 AM

are at times.

The important thing is for the man who considers himself stupid to refrain from stupid deeds and words. Therein lies one of the greatest challenges for mankind!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There has to come a time where supporters of a coach

Feb 1, 2015, 11:44 AM

in any sport have to take a step back, take off the glasses, and look at the situation differently. It's hard to be objective when you're emotional about a program, but it's possible.

I'm a big time Brownell fan as I know many of us on here are, however, after the UNC game to start league play, I felt okay checking the patience and faith at that point and simply leveling the field. How Brownell coached, and how the team performed, from that point onward is where I now feel comfortable assessing the job. He's had a four and a half year window now, so it's time to fully transition over to results.

I still feel like Brownell is the right guy for the job, and I suspect this team has a lot of quality wins in their future, including this season. Time will tell, but going forward he's going to have to win more games to keep the peace, otherwise the criticism becomes justified.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, a very level-headed response. All coaches have

Feb 1, 2015, 11:59 AM

to meet the same measures. +1

Re: There has to come a time where supporters of a coach

Feb 1, 2015, 12:08 PM [ in reply to There has to come a time where supporters of a coach ]

Hes the best coach on campus....

and its not close. I guess BV could give him a run at some levels but not overall.

He will succeed here. Its that simple.

Next year will be the first year since he took over that we will return our top scorer and best players. I wouldn't put anything past next years team.

I have been a Brownell supporter from day one. Still am.

Feb 1, 2015, 12:57 PM

His teams seem to always get better through each season: Better at the end of the season than they are at the beginning of each year. And isn't that a sign of good coaching?

He simply needs a few better players. I'm confident that as word slowly spreads that Coach Brownell is a great coach, the players will come.

Maybe we need some assistants who specialize in recruiting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,714
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic