Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For the butthurt people over the Cornell Powell situation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 68
| visibility 1

For the butthurt people over the Cornell Powell situation

Mar 3, 2019, 9:47 AM

Kid is a life long unc fan. Yet he came to Clemson to play football for a great team with tradition. I have no doubt his love for Clemson and understand him supporting his childhood team. Understand that college is a business decision as well. Guess what, Xavier Thomas was life long Carolina fan as well as a lot of our players having other teams they rooted for growing up.

My point is, they came to Clemson to play for Dabo and comapny, and will leave better men amd players because of it.That doesn't have to diminish their love for their childhood team.

Step back a second, think about it, get off your high horse, and enjoy what Dabo has done for Clemson. Some of yall just want something to cry about. TD me if it makes you feel better about yourselves, but it's time for some of you to grow up. With that being said, I hope everyone has a great day. Go Tigers!

P.s. you donate to Clemson. What they do with those funds is up to them. Don't like it, don't donate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reading your post reminds me...

Mar 3, 2019, 10:01 AM

... it is better to have people think you’re an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Yes, I disagree with you. Go ahead and TD me, too; after all, I TD’ed you. Maybe you should also reconsider your TNET handle? I don’t think you have a clue as to what ‘All In’ means.

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: For the butthurt people over the Cornell Powell situation

Mar 3, 2019, 10:02 AM

It's no big deal, but I thought growing up meant pulling for the college you attend.

Mar 3, 2019, 1:21 PM

Is he grown up yet? I consider my 18-19 yr old grandchildren still kids learning from mistakes

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Mar 3, 2019, 4:03 PM

What do you think Powell's mistake was, pulling for the holes ?or attending Clemson while pulling for the holes

Both***

Mar 4, 2019, 1:42 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both***

Mar 4, 2019, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: For the butthurt people over the Cornell Powell situation ]

I was accepted to Clemson but chose to play

Mar 3, 2019, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: For the butthurt people over the Cornell Powell situation ]

For a private school because I was offered a scholarship at the latter and would have to walk on at Clemson. However i never stopped pulling for our Tigers and imo I always will.

Re: I was accepted to Clemson but chose to play

Mar 3, 2019, 4:06 PM

Did you ever attend a Tiger sporting event while wearing a shirt with the private school's logo on it?

Mar 3, 2019, 10:05 AM

Well said

Mar 3, 2019, 10:09 AM

The basketball program is constantly fighting the reputation people only care about football. And then you have a football player wear a UNC shirt to the game and sit in the student section. You don’t think the basketball players see it on social media? They work to hard for that and deserve better. And if you think it’s ok don’t ever complain about close losses or anything from the basketball team because this kind of stuff is nothing but harmful

Mar 4, 2019, 12:09 PM

Yes! Totally tasteless and disgusting.

Nothing wrong with him being a UNC bball fan at heart

Mar 3, 2019, 10:20 AM

but he used Clemson student tickets to sit close to the action and fully deck himself out in the opposing teams gear. Him growing up a big UNC fan doesn't matter in this circumstance as he is now a Clemson student athlete and should not be publicly and actively rooting for the failure of Clemson in any discipline.

Re: Nothing wrong with him being a UNC bball fan at heart

Mar 3, 2019, 2:24 PM

This screams "look at me!", possible motives: (both irrational) simply seeking attention or a subtle act of defiance possibly expressing discontent & feigning ignorance is not a plausible excuse -but a likely response-

Mar 3, 2019, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Nothing wrong with him being a UNC bball fan at heart ]

This screams "look at me!", possible motives: (both irrational) simply seeking attention or a subtle act of defiance possibly expressing discontent & feigning ignorance is not a plausible excuse -but a likely response-

Mar 3, 2019, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Nothing wrong with him being a UNC bball fan at heart ]

Mar 3, 2019, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Nothing wrong with him being a UNC bball fan at heart ]

Exactly.......if he wanted to wear a UNCheat shirt he should have attended that frigging school.....instead of ours......his loyalty does not belong with Clemson.....hope Dabo saw this because he is not “All In”......or very smart in my opinion to pull a stunt like this while attending Clemson and playing for OUR football team......Go Tigers!!!!!

Disrespectful at best

Mar 3, 2019, 10:22 AM

Clemson University just paid for his ticket to root against them. Disrespectful to the university and fellow student athletes much less us butthurt fans!

Mar 3, 2019, 10:22 AM

You and Powell would be better served by entering the transfer portal.

Send Powell To Chapel Hell So He Can Get Hammered***

Mar 3, 2019, 11:08 AM

Mar 3, 2019, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: For the butthurt people over the Cornell Powell situation ]

He cant transfer. UNC doesnt have football. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you are not all in on Clemson.. you need to leave.

Mar 3, 2019, 10:34 AM

Clemson Basketball. Clemson Baseball. Clemson Football. Clemson Soccer. Clemson everything. Not Duke/UNC for basketball and clemson for football. Beat it.. dont need ya here.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

This has to be a joke.

Mar 3, 2019, 10:39 AM

Am I being trolled?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

He has been band before

Mar 4, 2019, 11:55 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/user/clemson2787-101326

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: If you are not all in on Clemson.. you need to leave.

Mar 3, 2019, 1:24 PM [ in reply to If you are not all in on Clemson.. you need to leave. ]

Why don’t you call, email or go see Coach Swinney and tell him your opinions. Please share his response to you

Mar 3, 2019, 10:35 AM

He's a kid and he likes the Tar Heels. Big Deal. If we'd beat them by 20 it would be funny. Lighten up!

-DW

I mean.. Just FYI.. hes 20something.. hes not a kid.

Mar 3, 2019, 10:37 AM

People much younger than him are going to war. He can vote.. hes been around forever now so he can probably drink.. he can serve. 18 is the cutoff. Hes a young man certainly not a kid.

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Mar 3, 2019, 10:38 AM

Bu||$hit, he can wear baby blue any other time, not at a CU basketball game against the hated tarholes.

And if the only reason he came to Clemson was a business arrangement then he, and you, can don your robin-blue and head to Chapel Hole.

Mar 3, 2019, 10:38 AM

I agree completely.

It is certainly CP’s right to root for whomever he chooses BUT

Mar 3, 2019, 10:46 AM

wearing the opposing team’s gear while sitting in Clemson’s student sectio is not classy and invites criticism. Did he really think it would go unnoticed? Of course he didn’t.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't begrudge him his right to pull for the team he's

Mar 3, 2019, 10:50 AM

followed since childhood. However, it does show disrespect for his fellow student athletes to wear the opposing teams colors at a game.

Re: Don't begrudge him his right to pull for the team he's

Mar 3, 2019, 10:57 AM

Easy solution. Beat the Tar Heels and laugh in his face...

Mar 3, 2019, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Don't begrudge him his right to pull for the team he's ]

Never seen what this kid did before now. I guess he can’t get noticed any other way. Maybe he will get on the field if he would transfer. I do not have any respect for turds like him, or Josh Belk for that matter. The are both busts and why they came to Clemson is beyond me except to use the program for a quality education, seeing attending class is not even a requirement in Chapel Hill. Enjoy this while you can you will never make a difference on the field at Clemson. Heck you probably won’t get on the field.

Mar 3, 2019, 1:28 PM

Perhaps you don’t follow our Tigers as closely as you pretend
Cornell Powell a Junior
https://www.tigernet.com/player/Cornell-Powell-400

Message was edited by: jeancooper®

Mar 3, 2019, 1:31 PM

Those are poor stats

Doesn't Matter. It Was A Tasteless, Classless Move.***

Mar 3, 2019, 11:06 AM

Mar 3, 2019, 11:21 AM

I don’t understand why anyone cares one iota about this. Who gives a ####?

Mar 3, 2019, 7:52 PM

I do...... Go Tigers!!!!

BS! The second you step foot on campus to ATTEND Clemson

Mar 3, 2019, 11:22 AM

You better become a fan of CLEMSON. And for an athlete wear opposing teams attire for other fellow athletes game on senior night no
less is extremely disrespectful. I'd kick his ### off the team. Period.

Re: BS! The second you step foot on campus to ATTEND Clemson

Mar 3, 2019, 11:24 AM

And that's why you don't make decisions.

Mar 3, 2019, 1:32 PM

Amen!! Would love to see these “great” Clemson fans say this vile crap to Coach Swinney about Powell.

Mar 3, 2019, 1:34 PM

I’d tell Dabo to send him packing

Mar 3, 2019, 1:47 PM

Lol would pay to see that exchange.

Mar 3, 2019, 1:31 PM [ in reply to BS! The second you step foot on campus to ATTEND Clemson ]

Dear God it was not Senior Night. Believe that is the Syracuse game, you know the last game played at hone fir the Seniors

Mar 3, 2019, 11:29 AM

What a bunch of old homers. All this "get off my lawn bullsh$t is so annoying. No matter what happens, people on this board always have something to complain about. Clemson just won the natty two out of the last 3 years and yet all most of you guys want to talk about is a God #### shirt that a 22 year old is wearing.

Mar 3, 2019, 11:32 AM

Would love seeing the reaction he would get if he was in Chapel Hole if he was sitting in the TarHole student section wearing a Clemson t-shirt while we were trying to win a game we haven't won in, what is now 65 straight attempts.

He couldnt do it ....

Mar 3, 2019, 11:49 AM

tarholes would not let him sit in the unc student section with a Clemson tshirt, even if he had a reserved ticket for a reserved seat .. I guarantee you that

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2019, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: For the butthurt people over the Cornell Powell situation ]

We aren’t UNC, we say we are better people and fans than them, obviously not

Ugh accidentally gave you a TU trying to see who else

Mar 3, 2019, 12:59 PM

The fact that he isn’t a Clemson fan first and foremost is a concern.

Mar 3, 2019, 1:10 PM

If he still wants to pull for UNC, that’s his right, but not when they are playing his school. It was really poor form to show up to the game, wearing a UNC shirt, while sitting in the Clemson section.

I don’t understand how anyone here doesn’t see a problem with this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: The fact that he isn’t a Clemson fan first and foremost is a concern.

Mar 3, 2019, 1:36 PM

I see the problem, poor choice. I don’t see the vile, vitriol, hate, etc that these supposed Clemson fans are showing a contributing member of our National Championship Team. Maybe it was a dare or he thought it was a lark. Poor judgement but let’s not hang him for it

XT ain't wearing a coot shirt to the basketball game

Mar 3, 2019, 1:12 PM

no way in haell

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2019, 1:14 PM

Be a fan of any team you want, but it is bad taste to wear the colors of another team in the student section when you are an athlete at said school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2019, 1:19 PM

You don’t have to wear a UNC shirt to pull for your lifelong team. Especially when it’s playing against your school at your school. I guess you’d be ok with XT wearing a coot shirt?

Mar 3, 2019, 1:22 PM

Agree. My lord, he wears a UNC shirt and he is classless, disrespectful and / or needs to transfer? It's a shirt, for goodness sake. Consider the totality of the person before you start coming to such conclusions.

If I want to read such silliness, I'll go to
FGF... "Trevor Lawrence shoved a mouthy kid in a basketball game! He a thug!" "Three Clemson players tested positive for PEDs! Forfeit the game and get the death penalty!" "Christian Wilkins goosed an OSU player! They are a bunch of perverts!"

While I think Dabo should advise players not to wear gear for the other team, this isn't a violation of a universal moral code. It is a shirt. Keep some perspective.

You’re clearly not a Clemson basketball player

Mar 3, 2019, 1:32 PM

Disrespectful to see a Clemson athlete openly pulling for your opponent in your own gym. Powell hasn’t had the PT he would have hoped for. He will transfer.

Re: You’re clearly not a Clemson basketball player

Mar 3, 2019, 1:38 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/player/Cornell-Powell-400

Mar 3, 2019, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Re: For the butthurt people over the Cornell Powell situation ]

Did any of these Clemson players wear an opponent's tshirt while doing the things you described?

I really think no one truly cares..

Mar 3, 2019, 1:29 PM

It’s just tacky to do that....But whatever...he’s a kid.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

When you say he’s a kid

Mar 3, 2019, 1:36 PM

Are you acknowledging he made a mistake? That’s pretty much the point. It was a mistake to wear your opponents colors.

Finally

Mar 3, 2019, 2:28 PM

proof intelligence does exist on Tnet.

thank you for your post.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re wrong.***

Mar 3, 2019, 2:35 PM

Mar 3, 2019, 7:29 PM

P.S.: You don’t like what people are writing? Don’t read it.......

I spent 3 years in the USMC & love my country, but...

Mar 4, 2019, 4:51 AM

I'm a fan of the city Moscow for some reason. I wear this shirt all the time. No big deal huh?
;)
Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: I spent 3 years in the USMC & love my country, but...

Mar 4, 2019, 1:02 PM

I think Moscow Tennessee is a pretty nice town too. Why should that be a problem for anyone?

Mar 4, 2019, 12:31 PM

You don't see XT wearing coot t-shirts or any other players wearing their "childhood" dream team's shirts do you?

Mar 4, 2019, 12:58 PM

To the OP - I grew up as a UofSuc fan and had no interest in CLEMSON. When I was ready to go to college, I visited the campus at UofSuc and CLEMSON. It was no contest and I have never pulled for UofSuc since the first week of Rat Season. Sorry man, but you do not get it.

As for CP, I only hope the best for him, but Dabo might not see it that way. CP made a mistake IMO, and must now face his consequences for his decision. Like I said, I hope all goes well and CP shines this year. He's a really good player that has made some mistakes, and it will continue to cost him if he makes more of them.

That excuse is as weak as cat pee.

Mar 4, 2019, 1:40 PM

There is no defense. What Powell did was stupid and insensitive.

It's a big deal

Mar 4, 2019, 1:48 PM

Clemson is paying for his education. He has access to all the things scholarship football athletes have - they are immense. Huge slap in the face to Clemson that he wore that shirt inside Littlejohn. It's a big deal, very disrespectful

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Replies: 68
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic