Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For some who are to young to remember
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

For some who are to young to remember

Mar 19, 2019, 11:36 AM

The past years of Clemson basketball I suggest that you google Tates Locke and read some of the articles about him and his efforts to elevate Clemson basketball. One article written by Rick Telander is especially interesting. It will show you what Lockes efforts did to Clemson sports and what the current administration will never allow it to happen again.
We lived through these nightmarish times and hopefully they will never be repeated.
Sometimes being a good coach is measured not in tournament trips but other things more important.
IF you are a win at all cost “fan” I suggest that you NOT read these articles.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin***

Mar 19, 2019, 11:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: If you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin***

Mar 19, 2019, 11:54 AM

And if you got caught, you ain’t trying hard enough.

Signed,

Roy Williams and Coach K

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For some who are to young to remember

Mar 19, 2019, 11:59 AM

The best player I ever witnessed in Orange was Skip Wise, and Tates Locke was his coach. If we had a player like Skip Wise on the floor, I would enjoy watching CLEMSON BBall again. What we have now is hard to watch IMO.

That said - I don't really care, and CBB at least runs a clean program and seems to be an upstanding citizen.

You guys act like it's impossible to find good coaches and

Mar 19, 2019, 12:17 PM

good basketball players of high character. It is not. The alternative to sub-mediocrity for Clemson Basketball is not only "cheating to win."

We can be ethical, honest and we can be good in basketball. These are not mutually exclusive.

Clemson deserves a good basketball program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You guys act like it's impossible to find good coaches and

Mar 19, 2019, 12:23 PM

You keep responding on this, but have yet to provide names of coaches that you claim we can get, and who can recruit players in a toxic environment of cheating.

Please, do tell. We’ll all be waiting. Especially our AD. I’m sure he would love to get the recipe to your secret sauce.

Brad Brownell. Should we hire him?

Mar 19, 2019, 12:39 PM

The "you can't come up with a name" is such a predictably ridiculously weak excuse for the status quo. If I were making a couple million dollars a year to make these decisions and had lots of connection in the college coaching ranks, I would probably have lots of contacts and inside information about who the options were. But, I don't. Also, as always happens, the usual apologists will just say, "we're clemson. he won't come here."

Now, since you mention it, let's assume that Clemson has an opening for a basketball coach. Why would you go hire Brad Brownell today?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brad Brownell. Should we hire him?

Mar 19, 2019, 12:41 PM

Quit deflecting.

Suggest a solution, or stop complaining.

You can’t have it both ways.

I think Men’s Basketball stinks from high school/AAU all the way to the NBA.

If you think we can hire a big name coach who can simultaneously turn around recruiting, fan/monetary support and start winning...without cheating, I’d be happy to hear any suggestions you have.

Just more BS excuses from the supporters of mediocrity.

Mar 19, 2019, 1:02 PM

"But, but, but, we can't do it I tell you! Nobody want's to come here who's any good and anybody any good is a cheater. We're all gonna die!"

No more excuses.

Why would a coach like that come to Clemson?

Mar 19, 2019, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Brad Brownell. Should we hire him? ]

Seriously, not just because you like Clemson and think it's great, but why?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Great education! Beautiful campus! ACC basketball! New

Mar 19, 2019, 1:35 PM

facilities! Excellent academic player support to ensure your players stay eligible! Excellent work environment in one of the nation's top athletic departments including our National Championship Football program! Outstanding starting salary with proven high income potential for demonstrated success!

The Clemson Basketball Program is a sleeping giant with a large unfulfilled revenue potential for a program and fan base starving for a winner! If you're the best at what you do, we'll give you the tools that you need to create and sustain success, and we'll pay you accordingly.

To inquire about this exciting once in a lifetime career opportunity, call me, Dan Radakovich, at 864-656-2328 or email me at drad@clemson.edu.

Build it and they will come.

Here is a list of the coaches who have been successful

Mar 19, 2019, 12:47 PM [ in reply to You guys act like it's impossible to find good coaches and ]

at Clemson without cheating, who elected to stay at Clemson when offered better jobs:

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Here is a list of the coaches who have been successful

Mar 19, 2019, 1:05 PM

lol

Re: For some who are to young to remember

Mar 19, 2019, 1:27 PM

I too would like a little more basketball success but am old enough to know it doesn't come easy in our league. In the last six years, the only teams in our conference with better conference records are the three teams with #1 seeds in this years tournament, FSU, Louisville, Miami and Syracuse. That's a level of consistency I can live with. The naysayers over the years have proposed Will Wade, Shaka Smart and Wichita's coach. At the moment, I am not overly impressed by any of these upgrades. A lot of wasted cyberspace on this subject since Coach BB will not be leaving unless it is of his own volition this year and unless the bottom falls out, next year either.

That being said, I'm not completely in the tank for the guy. I hope his guys are more ready to play tonight than he was to talk to reporters about the game yesterday. I also wonder why he feels he has to scream instructions to his players incessantly. I don't see other ACC coaches doing this. He is either an incredible micromanager or he doesn't trust his players or both. Neither is a desireable quality.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic