Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For anyone interested in actual SC numbers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

For anyone interested in actual SC numbers

Jul 1, 2020, 10:39 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or graphically.

Jul 1, 2020, 11:07 PM

https://graphics.reuters.com/HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-USA/0100B5K8423/index.html

Re: For anyone interested in actual SC numbers

Jul 1, 2020, 11:21 PM

I've given up on large sports and entertainment crowds happening the rest of the year .
Not a huge stretch , according to what I am hearing and reading it's almost a certainty now .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

No football...

Jul 1, 2020, 11:22 PM

Means I’m setting up an autonomous zone somewhere. Just gotta figure out where.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A bridge over I-85?***

Jul 1, 2020, 11:41 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 11:58 PM [ in reply to Re: For anyone interested in actual SC numbers ]

Jul 1, 2020, 11:37 PM

Thank you for the statistics T3Tiger and you too BengalBilly.

I hope everyone has a great Fourth of July.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 11:44 PM

T3Tiger® said:

These are the most recent stats from the DHEC website. If you go to the county and zip code data page, they provide the number of confirmed cases in SC, the number of estimated cases, and the number of possible cases. Then, if you go to the Demographics page, they give the percentage breakdown of both existing cases and deaths by age group.

Based on that data, I calculated the mortality rate for each age group for known, estimated, and possible cases. This assumes that the age distribution for the estimated and possible cases would follow the same distribution as the known cases. There’s really no way to know for sure and the reality is the unknown cases are more likely to be in younger people. So that would further improve the mortality numbers for those age groups.

In any case, the stated mortality rate for the flu is 0.1%. Also, the flu tends to be more serious for younger patients than COVID-19. You can see the rates here and take them for what you will. For me, it reaffirms that we need to protect the older and other vulnerable health populations and at the same time, not have our hair on fire about everyone else. I think we can stay open and possibly have football and other sports if we look at the actual data and take appropriate precautions.

They don’t want to hear it though. It’s a blend of technocrats who at this point can’t admit they blundered the whole thing by grossly exaggerating mortality rate (the two models that the shutdowns and panic were based on were debunked months ago, one by its own creator), media that is sticking fear for clicks and agenda (arguably more for agenda), and people who are willingly going along for said agenda or too prideful to change or to fearful to listen.

7/2 follow up... SC has highest day death total f/Covid: 24.

Jul 2, 2020, 12:49 AM

Both hospitalizations and deaths have a 2-4 week lag factor...

I totally agree the early projections for deaths were highly elevated, but the current numbers aren't yet reflective of the recent increases.

Soon we'll get to see the effects of July 4th and it's August repercussions...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 7/2 follow up... SC has highest day death total f/Covid: 24.

Jul 2, 2020, 1:07 AM

Another problem...Over 2200 healthcare workers positive....***

Jul 2, 2020, 7:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2020, 1:13 AM

Facts are so nice an almost unheard of into today’s world. This really helps you narrow it down.

We took animals to a nursing home that hasn’t had visitors or interaction since February from family or anyone else.

It was amazing to see them light up at the sight of animals and many got to visit & pet them. They were really good about masking up as we did with distancing too.

We plan to visit once every other week until visitation is restored. Those with respiratory issues watched them through the windows as we brought them by.

It really blessed us all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 2, 2020, 1:26 AM

God Bless you, man, and thanks! Such four-footed friends are nothing but love, and do more to heal a lonely, or broken heart than any mask, or medicine could ever accomplish!

Go Tigers!!!

You live up to your username

Jul 2, 2020, 6:54 AM [ in reply to Re: For anyone interested in actual SC numbers ]

Thanks!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

That is awesome what you are doing.***

Jul 2, 2020, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: For anyone interested in actual SC numbers ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2020, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Re: For anyone interested in actual SC numbers ]

God bless you, HumbleServant.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Well .... data indicates it sucks to get old.***

Jul 2, 2020, 8:54 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's certainly not for wussies!***

Jul 2, 2020, 9:26 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's certainly not for wussies!***

Jul 2, 2020, 9:54 AM

You gotta be tough to get old!

What I want to see is a comparison or line chart

Jul 2, 2020, 9:35 AM

that compares the number of tests given with the number of positive tests. There's no way you can reasonably deny that the more tests you give the more positive results you will have. One reason for this "spike" is simply that we're giving a heckuva lot more tests than we were back in March or April. Shoot, there are lines going around the blocks of places where they are doing free testing.

And why are people getting tested? Because they're symptomatic? No, they'd go to the doctor or MinuteClinic for that. They're going because they're scared and because they're asymptomatic. So as the fear quotient increases (thank you, media and governor), more people who are asymptomatic will get tested, and as more are tested, we'll see more positive test results.

Does that mean that more people are getting it now than were in March or April? Nope. Just means that more are getting tested.

The most important figures are numbers of hospitalizations required and deaths. Hospitalizations are the best number because they're more immediate. People don't die from this overnight. People who are dying now could have contracted this as long ago as April, and definitely June. People don't catch this and die - that's a fact. Last I checked, DHEC showed that our statewide hospital bed utilization was 75% capacity. Of that 75%, approx 12% (going off of memory - could be +/- 2 or 3%) were COVID-19 patients, so we're still seeing very few being hospitalized.

They do percent positive graphs at the bottom

Jul 2, 2020, 11:31 AM

also "new cases" as given by CDC is a lie

Jul 2, 2020, 9:47 AM

CDC reports both tests for an active infection and tests that detect antibodies as NEW cases. Yes they actually count people who show antibodies who previously had the virus as a new case when they are tested. This is one of the reasons for the numbers we are seeing. Lots of people are getting antibodies tests. They have been asked to only report active infections as new cases by the GAO but have not yet changed their presentation.

Re: also "new cases" as given by CDC is a lie

Jul 2, 2020, 11:44 AM

Jul 2, 2020, 8:11 PM

I've been looking at these same numbers over the last couple of months. Thanks for putting them in a spreadsheet for us. This paints a different picture than what is reported.
I would love to see the breakdown of Flu mortality in the same format. With the exception of more infant deaths, I would bet the numbers would mirror the Covid numbers. I just hope they get a vaccine soon to decrease the deaths as well as cases.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic