Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For all the ‘expansion’ arguments....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 732

For all the ‘expansion’ arguments....

Dec 21, 2020, 9:59 AM

People don’t seem to think about that fact that both Clemson and Bama already played ‘8 team playoff’ games this past weekend...Bama played a ‘top 8’ Florida team. Clemson played a ‘top 4’ team.

If Clemson wins, they would have beaten # 2 (who is also # 4); # 3; and # 1. For Bama, they would have defeated # 7 # 2, and # 4. Not too shabby.

There are certain arguments that might make sense for playoff expansion (geography stuff or whatever)...but it cannot be said that the current system makes it easy for those at the top.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For all the ‘expansion’ arguments....

Dec 21, 2020, 10:05 AM

That explains it ""to me"" better than anything I have read since 2014,when it all started -- if we were still on the BCS system,Clemson would not have the trophies they have won**

just like Ol'Booger and the rest of the clowns on the selection show,said yesterday -- the ""ELITE 6 or so teams"" are going to be there ""every year"" --- reason ???? just look at the recruiting classes,year to year**

Dec 21, 2020, 10:15 AM

For all the expansion arguments, four teams are perfect,
But if you want 8 teams, them the 5 Power conference championship winners + the next 3 best teams based on, IMO, strength of schedule, then W-L record.

Dec 21, 2020, 10:20 AM

The argument for an 8 team playoff would come with rules instead of suggestions and limiting the power of the CFP selection committee. But there would also need to be changes to the regular season schedules. Playoff teams would only play 10 regular season games and the conference championship game. All other teams would schedule an 11th game the week before championship games.

Rules: Win you're in during conference championship game for Power 5

1. 5 of the teams would be Power 5 conference champions
2. If there is a undefeated team of any conference they get in
3. No more than two teams from one conference under any circumstances
4. CFP selection committee would only make the 3 at large selections.
5. CFP selection committee would rank 1-8

Again these are rules not guidelines or suggestions. This makes football more fun and levels the playing field. Other teams would have a chance to improve their team through recruiting.

Imagine this year if Cincinnati and Coastal Carolina were in the playoff, their recruiting would improve next year.

Dec 21, 2020, 10:20 AM

I get tired of hearing inclusion into the payoff system and that the same teams are there every year. This is what competition is about and I would tell anyone that is tired of seeing Clemson, Bama, Ohio State etc..... every year is to simply to beat them. This a bit like NASCAR where everyone plays under the same rules. To get in final four you have to beat somebody. UNC and Miami are making strides to close the gap some in the ACC. I think they get it....they know that Clemson is gold standard in ACC and for them to get to playoff they probably need to beat them. This is not hard to know what you have to do. Go Tigers !

Replies: 4
| visibility 732
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic