Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For all the coot admirers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

For all the coot admirers

Jun 12, 2012, 10:07 AM

•“They ain’t Alabama. They ain’t LSU. And they’re certainly not Clemson. That’s why Carolina’s in Chapel Hill and USC’s in California and the university in this state always has been, always will be Clemson.”
•“We’ve won more bowl games than they’ve ever been to.”
•“There’s a lot of rivalries out there. This is more of a domination. And that’s a fact. My kids’ grandkids won’t live long enough to ever see this really become a rivalry.” -Dabo Swinney

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For all the coot admirers

Jun 12, 2012, 10:11 AM

you're in the wrong place. If you dont like seeing them blasted here dont come in. I refuse to go to their board ever and I refuse to be kind to them when they come in here. PERIOD.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2012, 10:21 AM

I'm not in the wrong place ... and I love to see them get blasted ... but I don't like seeing anyone give them credit ... What are you talking about ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it was in response to the be nice to coots day idea

Jun 12, 2012, 10:52 AM

if you are an admirer you are in the wrong place. it was written for house coots not you

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope they lose every game they ever play

Jun 12, 2012, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: For all the coot admirers ]

But it's quite strange to me for folks to be unwilling to give them credit. Reality is that they are in the midst of an unprecedented streak of success in baseball. It takes some serious blinders not to give them credit for it.

I would never trade allegiances or history with them. But to suggest that sane and level headed Tiger fans shouldn't recognize their success is odd to me.

I hope they lose every game they ever play in any sport against any competition, but I can also note that they are a dang good baseball program and deserve credit for it.

Jun 12, 2012, 10:29 AM

“ the university in this state always has been, always will be Clemson.” -Dabo Swinney

Just for the record: Univ. of SC established in 1801. Clemson University established in 1889.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2012, 10:38 AM

Been in existance so much longer with such little overall athletic or academic success. I noticed that it is so much less than Clemson's. Why is that?

Jun 12, 2012, 10:46 AM

Actually, they have plenty of academic success. It's the state school and the main purpose is to educate people from South Carolina. Nothing wrong with that except in the eyes of some Clemson folks like you. Your just mad becuase tday South Carolina is using Clemson like a rag doll at athletics.

Jun 12, 2012, 10:48 AM

"your just mad"

Yep great academics.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 12, 2012, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: For all the coot admirers ]

Hey Thorny ... there is an emphasis on THE in this remark. U ain't the THE university. U just think that u are!

Jun 12, 2012, 10:53 AM

My focus was on the "always has been" comment. Even if it were true that the University of SC was in Clemson, there is an 88 year gap between the founding of the two universities.

Jun 12, 2012, 10:59 AM

The point being .... you have NEVER been The university.... and never will. Even when Clemson didn't exist you were nothing and still are nothing. Get it?

Jun 12, 2012, 11:22 AM

Ohhhh. Now I get it. Thanks for explaining.

So the 80+ year time span that USC gave diplomas and Clemson did not DIDN'T HAPPEN.

USC's recent domination of the rivalry in all sports DIDN'T HAPPEN.

How's it feel to live with that kind of resentment? If you live in SC, you might want to learn to deal with it...

Jun 12, 2012, 3:44 PM

I don't live in S.C. but the day I resent being a CLEMSON MAN will NEVER come!

USCAR diploma!!!! Whopee. Almost as good as a tarheel diploma right now! You cheat and you can't deny it.

"Been around longer" does not equal "better"***

Jun 21, 2023, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: For all the coot admirers ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jun 12, 2012, 10:39 AM

Dont jump off a bridge. If Carolina is in Chapel Hill who keeps beating the hell out of Clemson?

USuC, that's who.***

Jun 12, 2012, 10:42 AM

Re: USuC,

Jun 12, 2012, 11:04 AM

USC is in California.
Carolina is in Chapel Hill.
And The University of South Carolina is in Omaha.

Re: USuC,

Jun 12, 2012, 3:45 PM

Good riddance for the Palmetto State. Stay there. We will survive!

What a coot calls a Clemson grad? ..... BOSS***

Jun 12, 2012, 11:12 AM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic