Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For Miami football, I don't fully buy the stadium is not on
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,603

For Miami football, I don't fully buy the stadium is not on

Dec 3, 2015, 12:29 PM

campus argument. The Orange Bowl wasn't on campus either. They used to fill it up, and it was a raggedy stadium. Recently they have recruited well, in spite of stadium location. They were simply out-coached too often. I believe Richt will fix that part. Pawwwl Johnsun can't be too happy.

Message was edited by: revmarkg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No...they really didn't....

Dec 3, 2015, 12:32 PM

at least not on a consistent basis.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Did you ever go there for a game?***

Dec 3, 2015, 12:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I attended a couple of games at the old Orange Bowl

Dec 3, 2015, 12:35 PM

I haven't attended many games at Duke either but I still know they rarely sell it out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

attended about ten games between 1986-1994. Stadium

Dec 3, 2015, 12:49 PM

was always full. Was a great atmosphere back then even if it was a bad stadium in a bad neighborhood.

They used to sell out when they played FSU or UF

Dec 3, 2015, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Did you ever go there for a game?*** ]

because both of those schools brought in tons of fans, but I don't think they ever filled it up consistently. I assume they drew well against VT when they and VT were in the Big East and both were doing well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No...they really didn't....

Dec 3, 2015, 12:35 PM [ in reply to No...they really didn't.... ]

They filled it up for Florida State...or a Nebraska or someone like that coming to town.

Everything Richt had at Georgia is better than anything he will have at Miami. The only part that isn't would be talent, which is equal. Georgia recruited as good as any program in the country with the exception of Alabama lately. They will win 9 games a year under Richt, just like Georgia did. I don't see them winning a national championship anytime soon.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No...they really didn't....

Dec 3, 2015, 12:53 PM

Well, I believe they've only had 2, 9-win seasons in the last 10 years, so 9 wins every year would be an improvement.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For Miami football, I don't fully buy the stadium is not on

Dec 3, 2015, 1:17 PM

On-campus adds an "intangible" value. The OB was closer to campus, downtown and MIA. SunLife captures the SoFla Metro Market - up to West Palm, but devalues the actual students and campus game day experience. As a Clemson fan, I hope Miami continues in SunLife. I think that NFL venue assists visitors and I can get in and out from FLL.

Dec 3, 2015, 1:18 PM

That is fiction....

Miami would only show up for big games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 3, 2015, 1:25 PM

AVERAGE ATTENDANCE in 2001 46,162. OB could seat 74,476 in 2001

Dec 3, 2015, 1:27 PM

PLEASE, NO FACTS ALLOWED ON THIS BOARD.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2015, 2:12 PM

I went to the Miami game this year. I was amazed with the tailgating. There were people all over place having a great time. I went into the game and none of the Miami fans did. The fans are going to the game just not into the stadium. The next day I went to the Dolfins game. Same atmosphere outside tailgating but once it was game time the stadium was packed. I don't think there isn't anything that winning wont fix for the U.

Its the opposite of Clemson. We have a small town with a

Dec 3, 2015, 2:37 PM

huge alumni base that is passionate about supporting our football team, even on the road. The University is the town of Clemson.

Miami is a small school in a big town- one that's in a tropical environment with lots to do year around. They have a bunch of local "fans" but not that big of a passionate alumni base. This is why you see decent tailgating outside the stadium, but not many fans inside.

Also their NFL stadium isn't necessarily something for Alumni to be proud of- as its obviously built for the Dolphins and they just use it.

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,603
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic