Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Video: Notre Dame and Orange Bowl ties
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,393

Football Update: Video: Notre Dame and Orange Bowl ties

Jul 4, 2012, 5:24 PM

Video: Notre Dame and Orange Bowl ties

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Video: Notre Dame and Orange Bowl ties

Jul 4, 2012, 5:28 PM

Could be good for ND if they can start winning again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2012, 6:04 PM

Good for ND? Good for the ACC. Conference has just locked up the biggest remaining football free agent into a bowl agreement.

Do you think the Irish will even look at the B12 now?

Even if ND hasn't been relevent for years, they still move the needle, and should they ever join a conf, the ACC just moved to the front.

I will say they most likely won't move anyime soon, but it keeps them from looking B12 or B10 which is almost as good and it will make Orange Bowl more desireable.

Remember the Irish are still the only program in the country capable of supporting their own TV rights agreement that with NBC.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does Notre Dame have to do to get in the

Jul 4, 2012, 6:52 PM

bowl? I hope there are some decent standards. I don't want the ACC champ locked in to playing a 7-5 or 8-4 Notre Dame every year.

Jul 4, 2012, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Video: Notre Dame and Orange Bowl ties ]

Looking at it now, it seems that ND wouldn't have to join no conference since the 4 playoff spots are selected or based off the top four in the standings. Also, it they don't make the top 4, then they just have to meet the standards for the OB. The question is what kind of standards do they have to meet to make the OB?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. On top of it all, ND is 0-3 in BCS bowl games***

Jul 4, 2012, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Video: Notre Dame and Orange Bowl ties ]

They talk like a tie in is coming for ND and the OB.

Jul 5, 2012, 8:27 AM

While I would love to have ND play in the OB for the TV revenues if they are selected above any other more deserving at large team this system is wrong.

I know everyone touts ND's SOS this year but if RPI is factored, as reports indicate, things change. Right now the SOS is dependent on preseason polls. The polls will have no bearing on the selection committee's decisions thus taking ND popularity and ND will have no conference title.

I'm having trouble figuring out why these guys had this discussion for they gave no criteria for ND being selected for the OB that was not present before this playoff thing came into being.

It does give ND access to the Rose Bowl if the Rose is in rotation for the playoff game but everyone else gained that from these agreements too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,393
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic