Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Video: Controversial Out of Bounds Play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Football Update: Video: Controversial Out of Bounds Play

Sep 20, 2013, 9:58 AM

Video: Controversial Out of Bounds Play

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We won.***

Sep 20, 2013, 10:00 AM

Yep, doesn't matter, won game***

Sep 20, 2013, 10:01 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about getting us a replay of the NCS coach...

Sep 20, 2013, 10:00 AM

blowing his nose on that white rag he carried home in his pocket?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's how a handkerchief is used***

Sep 20, 2013, 10:05 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, if you don't know that throwing it on the field...

Sep 20, 2013, 10:27 AM

will cause the replay booth to take time to thoroughly review a play. But blowing you nose on it and putting it back in your pocket works too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Video: Controversial Out of Bounds Play

That's not green grass Underwood is treading on here...

And the officials sure didn't make the Wuffies cough the ball up a few plays later.

It hurts to lose 10 out the last 11 games to us, I get that. It was indeed a close call, and a gutsy one to put on the home team.

But it was the call made and the Wuffies had the ball at midfield. The fact that they couldn't hold on to the dang thing is not the ref's fault.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boot meet nuts

Sep 20, 2013, 10:30 AM

Nuts meet sinus cavities..

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Rev,

Sep 20, 2013, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Video: Controversial Out of Bounds Play ]

you and I know the guys who painted that line painted around a little radius cutout so that kid would be able to stay inbounds on that play.

Anybody who can't see the disruption of the inside of that line qualifies to call the plate in MLB.

Unless he runs without putting his right foot down he's on top of that line.

Sep 20, 2013, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Video: Controversial Out of Bounds Play ]

His foot was on the line. Period.

Sep 20, 2013, 1:18 PM

You gonna troll every single person who posts something contrary to your belief? Is it really worth that much of your time?

That's why they give coaches little red flags to toss out to force a replay...

Can't change the outcome of a ball blown dead

Sep 20, 2013, 10:38 AM

Once a ball is blown dead, it's dead. Throwing the flag can't revive the play.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't change the outcome of a ball blown dead

Sep 20, 2013, 11:55 AM

He stepped on the line. Where's the controversy?

Sep 20, 2013, 10:08 AM

The replay doesn't show clearly what the still shot seems to show. The replay looks to hide his foot right when the still was taken. It looks like around the 0:48-0:49 mark on the video. The foot's blocked by the coach standing next to NCSt's #65.

Looks like he did step out of bounds right at the 47ish yd

Sep 20, 2013, 10:12 AM

like the GIF shows that I've seen floating around. Close, but certainly a call that a ref could make as being OOB.

Sep 20, 2013, 10:13 AM

From thwj frozen bliwn up pic it looks clear that his foot does slightly get into the white line.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2013, 11:58 AM

Looks to me like his foot is right on it. Again, where's the controversy? Unless I'm looking at a different picture than everyone else.

Sep 20, 2013, 10:24 AM

We all know it was likely a blown call. Even if it wasn't a blown call, it was certainly controversial and always will be.

That being said, the players have nothing to do with that. Neither do the coaches. Both teams can only take what they're given, and NC State allowed themselves to be psyched out by the bad call. Clemson has most assuredly lost more than its fair share of games due to similarly horrible calls, so I can't say I'm overly sympathetic. You have to get over those, and fast, or like we saw last night they'll kill you.

Only morons still believe it's a blown call***

Sep 20, 2013, 10:32 AM

Sep 20, 2013, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Video: Controversial Out of Bounds Play ]

A blown call?? Have you actually looked at the picture? His foot is squarely on the line. The picture isn't even close to being controversial. What are you talking about? It is what it is. An absolutely accurate call by the refs.

Re: Re: Football Update: Video: Controversial Out of Bounds Play

Sep 21, 2013, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Video: Controversial Out of Bounds Play ]

Many touchdowns are scored like this all the time and never questioned. I think it should have been a touchdown and then Clemson would've probably still won anyway. The big loser in this is how quick it was flagged and non reviewable which makes it look like Clemson is being protected. The acc office might have a big headache throughout the season with all the other teams questioning fairness in similar situations.

horse pucky

Sep 21, 2013, 8:35 AM

Clemson had nothing to do with the OOB call. Anyone suggesting the ACC office is somehow "protecting" Clemson:

1) knows nothing about the history of the ACC and its relationship with Clemson University

2) is incapable of watching that video and the still shots and concluding the "incontrovertible evidence" just isn't there.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: horse pucky

Sep 21, 2013, 8:50 AM

Ha. Ok.

You MUST be high!

Sep 20, 2013, 10:28 AM

White on white.

To me, it still looks like he's OOB at 47***

Sep 20, 2013, 10:32 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

yes and there is a player covering two steps on all the

Sep 20, 2013, 11:06 AM

replays that the announcers kept ignoring.

he was out

Re: yes and there is a player covering two steps on all the

Sep 20, 2013, 12:08 PM

How anyone can look at this picture and still doubt that call is beyond. It's not even close. His foot is squarely on the line; not slightly, but squarely flat-out on it.

Exactly!***

Sep 20, 2013, 4:36 PM [ in reply to yes and there is a player covering two steps on all the ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

video from above you can see white paint fly, watch.***

Sep 20, 2013, 11:07 AM

Bad Ref call

Sep 20, 2013, 11:20 AM

Where's the video of a ref taking out Breeland when he was covering a wide receiver. That's a video you should post.

My only concern...

Sep 20, 2013, 11:28 AM

is, are we going pay for that down the road, by it going against us in some shape or form.

When the play was live, LIVE...I thought it was a TD.

Re: My only concern...

Sep 20, 2013, 12:13 PM

Whether is is us or the other team, when a player steps out of bounds, he's out of bounds, and the play ends there. Those are called "the rules." As clearly shown in the photo, this was the only correct call that could have been made.

Sep 20, 2013, 12:15 PM

3 shots...white on white all 3 angles...enough said.

This is what losers do

Sep 20, 2013, 12:19 PM

a play in the 3rd quarter does not affect the outcome of a game. State had the ball at midfield, 1st down. So the touchdown was called back. So what.

To say it determined the game is BS. They quit when something went there way (at least temporarily). That's on them. Period. THEY lost the game.

While overall, I think we were the better team and would

Sep 20, 2013, 5:32 PM

have won, I do believe in momentum. If State had scored that TD, I believe they would have played with a lot of confidence and the game may have went down to the wire.

The same could be said of us in the Orange Bowl. If we hadn't fumbled that ball at the goal line that completely took the wind out of our squad, the outcome (or atleast the score) could have been a little different.

Look at these marks: 0:48, 0:59, and 2:15***

Sep 20, 2013, 12:29 PM

Sep 20, 2013, 4:51 PM

I have watched this video 50+ times, and paused it at the point of the call. No controversy. His foot touched the white line. Does it matter? Not really, but the refs got the call right. It was very close, but touching the white line is out of bounds. Good call!

Sep 20, 2013, 7:10 PM

In the picture below the video it looks to me like hes out of bounds. Some might think the dark line between his foot and the white line is green grass, but it looks darker than the green grass, because its more of a shadow caused by his foot either coming down or rising. The interior side of the white line has a straight edge until it gets to his foot...then the straight edge of the white line disappears because his foot is on it or just above it, making him out of bounds.
Either way I don't think it can be considered a blown call considering how razor close it was. Some calls are obviously terrible, but this is one that was so close you leave it as the call on the field, and that prob why it was never challenged in the game.

Sep 21, 2013, 7:25 AM

In order to overturn the call on the field it has to be indisputable evidence, and they have come out and said, we don't know. Sounds pretty clear it wouldn't have been overturned even if it was reviewable....

Sep 21, 2013, 7:41 AM

The only problem with the above picture is that it was not one of the images available for review from the game-I don't think it was anyway. So if that is not part of the review video available-should state get that call. The one that could have shown pretty clearly if he was in or out-the front of his right foot is behind either the head or hand of someone on the sideline in front of him.

The play was blown dead and thus non-reviewable. If it

Sep 21, 2013, 7:45 AM

had been reviewable, there wouldn't have been enough evidence to overturn it for the reasons you just stated. Time to move on. It's in the books.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic