Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Vegas odds for Chad Morris to USC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Football Update: Vegas odds for Chad Morris to USC

Oct 1, 2013, 7:08 AM

Vegas odds for Chad Morris to USC

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Vegas odds for Chad Morris to USC

Oct 1, 2013, 7:58 AM

Let's hope not, at least until the end of the season.....hot commodity, without a doubt. Who doesn't wanna move to Southern California and lead a University to a National Title? Hmmmmm.....I can think of a good reason why Chad Morris should stay at Clemson at least to finish this years schedule. BCS bowl hopes! BCS Bowl Championship Series, a strong possibility. A second ACC Championship appearance in a 3 year period, extremely strong possibility. Finally, money talks and "BS" walks. He'll be paid properly either way. Sunshine Daydream, I'll take it. Purple and Orange sunsets might just give him the Resume for anything he wants if he finishes the season. Don't bite the hand that fed you first. Make it the transition you could have. You'll probably be able to coach anywhere you want anyways! We love you here.

a Texas man in southern California, hmmmm I don't know***

Oct 1, 2013, 11:27 AM

SMH.........

Oct 1, 2013, 8:12 AM

Sad, some people will bet on anything.

GOD DANG IT LEAVE OUR CHAD MORRIS ALONE!!!!!!!!!

Oct 1, 2013, 8:38 PM

Every year I swear. he will leave when he is ready dont rush our special time.

Oct 1, 2013, 8:14 AM

I doubt if he leaves Clemson, SC to move to Los Angeles. If he does, he isn't nearly as smart as I think he is. Why would anybody want the job of coaching that piece of crap team that is always overrated and is in a town with more nuts in it than anywhere in the world? And the state of California is the most f'd up state in the country.

Oct 1, 2013, 8:22 AM

Yea, why on earth would anyone want to go coach at Southern Cal, what a horrible job. Wow...

No one wants him to go but lets not act like its a bad gig

I don't think Morris ends up at USC, but always overrated?

Oct 1, 2013, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Vegas odds for Chad Morris to USC ]

Were you born in 2009?

USC had a 7 year run under Carroll from 2002-2008 where they won 80 games. Here are some of the highlights:

80-9 record

1 BCS title, and 2 AP titles

7 consecutive Pac-10 titles

6-1 in BCS games including 5 Rose Bowl wins and an Orange Bowl win in the 2004 title game. The only loss was the Rose Bowl title game in '05 that they blew against Texas and Vince Young.

Average score of their 7 BCS games was 40-21 and all 6 of their wins were by at least 14 points.

But, yeah, that team was ALWAYS OVERRATED!

Oct 1, 2013, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Vegas odds for Chad Morris to USC ]

I can think of a few reasons. Huge pay raise, great program history, huge name reputation and draw, automatic national exposure whether deserved or not, great climate, very good school, and on and on.
Now I think Clemson is a much better choice for a lot of reasons. I wouldn't want to deal with the liberal minded philosophy in much of CA, the traffic, the smog, and on and on, but it would be a huge job, but I seriously doubt a guy with no head coaching experience gets a real sniff at that job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

.....the BEST cheerleaders in ALL of football......Oregon is

Oct 1, 2013, 11:29 AM

giving them a run for their money though

Re: .....the BEST cheerleaders in ALL of football......Oregon is

Oct 1, 2013, 7:49 PM

That is true. They are hot!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad Morris with Clemson or Oregon is frightening

Oct 1, 2013, 8:40 PM [ in reply to .....the BEST cheerleaders in ALL of football......Oregon is ]

Perfect storm for a defense to fear

Oct 1, 2013, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Vegas odds for Chad Morris to USC ]

Dude it's a solid top 4 program in the country. USC, Bama, Texas, Ohio State. These programs can get just about anyone they want.

Chad to USC

Oct 1, 2013, 8:23 AM

When Chad leaves, he's going back to Texas or somewhere close. He would never leave in the middle of the season. USC in Cal or USC jr in Columbia would never be a good fit. He is too good of a guy.

Oct 1, 2013, 8:23 AM

Nothing to worry about here. Did you guys read the article? He is not even mentioned by the AD in questions about who the search involves at this point. I guess way down the road if they are turned down his could come up but I doubt it.

This So Cal job is way to high profile for an OC from Clemson not far removed from High School. Not a shot at Morris, more of a fact that they are crazy around there. I heard it referred to as not quite Pro but not quite College and that is what it is. They go after Pro coaches more than college coaches. The history, location, championships etc creates an atmosphere of elitism and that is how they operate. Morris (99% of all college coaches) would be in way over his head and they already know that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USC or not, anyone should think twice about going to a

Oct 1, 2013, 8:40 AM

school that just fired its coach as he got off the team plane at 5 am in the morning--even if it is Lane Kiffin. The team was waiting on the bus as they fired him! Can't stand the guy, but he deserved to, at least, be properly fired.

That being said, I really don't worry about Chad Morris going to USC. They are too high and mighty to hire a Clemson OC.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Yea, yea, everyone hates us...being at Clemson willl

Oct 1, 2013, 8:54 AM

nothing to do with who they hire.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, people will bet on some stupid ####***

Oct 1, 2013, 8:43 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2013, 9:23 AM

......I want him to stay as much as any other Tiger fan. How long he will is just something we may face earlier than later. It was a gamble when we picked him up. I took that bet when a lot of other fans were naysayers. He's had one of the best college coaching career entries in the history of the game. His future is bright anywhere. Let's hope he chooses to wear the paw for a few more seasons. Geographic location may definitely play a factor though. There is something in the hills!!!...and Clemson, SC really is a beautiful "geographical" location. 4hrs from South Carolina beaches...and mild winters. And seriously, if skiing is a must, he can afford a flight to Colorado and besides he's from Texas anyways. I'm enjoying things for now. #3 in the Nation baby!!!! GO TIGERS!!!!

Oct 1, 2013, 9:36 AM

First, I can't see USC hiring the Chad, he is great, but the track record is too short.
Oh wait, Kiffin's track record was short and it sucked (see Oakland and UT) and they hired HIM.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really hope this isn't a distraction to our team.

Oct 1, 2013, 9:50 AM

#### you, USC. We have our own football games to worry about.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Oct 1, 2013, 10:28 AM

I REALLY DON'T THINK THAT Chad Morris is the scum of the earth type like a Lane Kiffin. Kiffin left Tenn holding an empty bag for the USC-west job. I don't see Chad Morris being with that same type of character. We see what it got Kiffin!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a country texas boy goes to hollywood? nah!***

Oct 1, 2013, 10:30 AM

VEGAS ODDS: Fools errand---it's 50-50...either Yes or No

Oct 1, 2013, 11:06 AM

That's all we know for a fact at this point.

Make no mistake about it,

Oct 1, 2013, 7:03 PM

LA is the armpit of California. Why anyone would want to live there is beyond me. It is a toilet - you might as well give that part of California back to Mexico. I have been there many times on business and the traffic is the worst in the country, not to mention the crime, gangs, cost of living, and on and on... I don't care what salary I made, nothing could make me want to live there.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic