Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: ESPN Prediction for Clemson-BC Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Football Update: ESPN Prediction for Clemson-BC Game

Oct 6, 2011, 9:10 AM

ESPN Prediction for Clemson-BC Game

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait a minute....

Oct 6, 2011, 9:22 AM

the BC defense has given-up an average of 25 points per game in its four losses to Northwestern (24), UCF (30), Duke (20) and Wake (27) while the BC offense has only averaged 14 pints per game, yet Heather predicts a score of 31 - 17 against the best team by far, both on offense and defense, that BC has faced thus far this season, and BC is likely without its top two RB's? Clemson may have 31 by half time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Wait a minute....

Oct 6, 2011, 9:35 AM

Our Defense gave up 3 points to VA tech at their house, and she thinks BC is going to come into our house and score 17, even if they had Harris, which they don't, I don't see it happening.

Re: Wait a minute....

Oct 6, 2011, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Wait a minute.... ]

why get worked up? who really cares about anyone's prediction of the outcome of a game? As long as we win.

If this game was on ESPN I would say she is padding for peop

Oct 6, 2011, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Wait a minute.... ]

le to watch the game, but they don't have this one????

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

AND without their top 2 running backs

Oct 6, 2011, 9:24 AM

I think it's questionable if they score at all

Re: AND without their top 2 running backs

Oct 6, 2011, 10:17 AM

Just because we only gave up 3 points against VTech doesn't mean that will have arrived. Look at the whole body of work to decide if our defense is any good. If you look at the 1st 4 games, you would have to conclude that our defense isn't very good and we have to put up about 35 points a game for a chance to win. Just because we only gave up 3 to VTech, doesn't mean that we now have an incredible defense. It could mean 1) that we have greatly improved or 2) VTech offense is that pathetic. VTech hasn't played anyone else in a BCS conference to compare but I would guess that it is a combination of the 2. Probably 30% improvement, 70% VTech offense wasn't very good.

Are you trying to tell me BC's offense is stellar?

Oct 6, 2011, 10:22 AM

or that our defense hasn't improved? I'm not buying either argument.

Re: Are you trying to tell me BC's offense is stellar?

Oct 6, 2011, 10:53 AM

re-read my message to answer your question (yes, i think we have improved); BC will score more than 3 points on us - will be willing to make a wager on it. Not saying BC's offense is steller (esp without RB) but can guarantee they have more talent than Wofford and look how many points they put on us. Our defense has LOTS of room for improvement.
So many Tiger fans are so quick to jump the gun - the same people that were calling for Dabo's head after the 1st 2 games are the ones saying we can play for a national championship.

Re: Are you trying to tell me BC's offense is stellar?

Oct 6, 2011, 11:44 AM

I would argue that BC may not be that much more talented than Wofford and BC doesn't run a triple spread option offense that is just plain hard to defend. BC is more traditional offense which plays to the strenght of our D. I'm not saying our D is dominant but I doubt BC score more than 10 on us. They are a run first team and running is pretty hard to do without your 1st and 2nd team RBs. However, I do agree with you that VT may just not be that good on O, which made our D look superior. The D has been improving over the past 3 weeks though.

"If you're going to give me 110 percent, you can rub that rock. If you're not, keep your filthy hands off it."

This has nothing to do with MNC

Oct 6, 2011, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you trying to tell me BC's offense is stellar? ]

it's about BC. This game may get so lopsided that the 9th team may be in on defense.

Wofford is in the past and also has nothing to do with this game. No comparisons.

With no running game BC is one-dimensional - and their passing offense isn't very good either. We can go man-man or matchup zone and turn the ends and linebackers loose on pass rush since they don't have to worry about backs coming out of the backfield.

I would say allowing VT - who despite their poor offense is still more capable than BC - 3 points should be a clue to you.

Re: This has nothing to do with MNC

Oct 6, 2011, 5:31 PM

Be careful about your cocky-ness; remember, we are beatable if we don't show up. As far as one-dimensional, funny how you mention BC. If Wofford isn't one-dimensional, I don't know who is. You are a little over-confident, in my opinion. I don't care what BC has done, they tend to always play us pretty well. And Maryland to that list.

Wofford wasn't 1 Dimensional

Oct 6, 2011, 5:47 PM

Wofford got us to bite so hard on the run that they were able to complete 2 passes for ~130 yards. It isn't likely that BC will pass so much that a running back sneaks past our D-Line...

I predict 321,986 to 3 (3 on another Joe Boyd Fumblception)***

Oct 6, 2011, 5:51 PM

Re: Football Update: ESPN Prediction for Clemson-BC Game

Oct 6, 2011, 9:56 AM

keep in mind that this game will be similiar to the first two wherer we play a bunch of freshman and try to get themsome experience. This could easily translate to points for BC. There will not be the same defensive personnel on the field for the whole game like there was at Va Tech. These games are make it hard to predict the score because we empty the bench in the third quarter.

49-6

Oct 6, 2011, 10:19 AM

We won't kick a field goal - Dabo doesn't have the faith in the kicking team for that. And they don't have enough D to slow us down that much. BC doesn't have near the offense to get into the end zone either. The defense picked up a lot of confidence last week and that will carry into this week.

It'll be a high scoring affair for Clemson - which means free sweet tea or fries at Bojangles :)

How are their special teams?

Oct 6, 2011, 10:45 AM

I don't think we have returned a kickoff for a touchdown yet. I would like to see one this weekend!!

I'm ready to see some younger guys in there too getting some action. Where has Buice been? Has he fully recovered yet?

Re: 49-6

Oct 6, 2011, 6:08 PM [ in reply to 49-6 ]

I wouldn't be surprised if we do see some field goal kicking this weekend. With Benton hurt this would be a good game to get the backup holder some practice. Either way, though, we need to score often to get our new kickoff man some practice!

59-10

Oct 6, 2011, 11:10 AM

good guys

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We win 64-1***

Oct 6, 2011, 11:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We win 64-1***

Oct 6, 2011, 11:46 AM

HAHA, excessive celebration on a Safety call, and they take away one point and give 5 yards on the punt/kickoff.

Re: We win 64-1***

Oct 6, 2011, 6:09 PM

Someone busts through our line on a PAT attempt and kicks the ball through the opposite goalposts.

Oct 6, 2011, 11:46 AM

I dont see BC scoring a toucdown my pick is 42 - 9

Oct 6, 2011, 11:51 AM

Without Montel Harris they dont stand a chance, this will make them one dimensional. There passing game is subpar and their best wideout is injured. I dont see a touchdown being scored at all. If Clemson's DB's come to play them we have 2 picks one for touchdown, and my score goes to 49 - 9. If we dont have two picks then we go 42 - 9

Oct 6, 2011, 11:51 AM

The girl just doesn't get it. I'm not too surprised. Are you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2011, 12:01 PM

No surprise what so ever

Oct 6, 2011, 11:30 PM

TU to you for being a good judge of character.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic