Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: ESPN: Clemson atmosphere a hurdle for UGA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Football Update: ESPN: Clemson atmosphere a hurdle for UGA

Aug 28, 2013, 8:10 AM

ESPN: Clemson atmosphere a hurdle for UGA

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Less intimidating than uk or vandy at noon, just sayin'***

Aug 28, 2013, 8:17 AM

True, we cannot compete with the "SEC Atmosphere"

Aug 28, 2013, 8:25 AM

of those guys.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: ESPN: Clemson atmosphere a hurdle for UGA

Aug 28, 2013, 8:53 AM

Not to be devils advocate, but I really don't think this matters much to GA...they'll be focused. let's just show them the reason we scheduled them...what better than to renew an old rivalry that we knew would be top 5 rated team while showing we can contend, match, and beat them on our way to greatness.

Absolutely it will, we will be so loud they will have to

Aug 28, 2013, 9:40 AM

non-verbal everything, which will lead to mistakes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I think you're right, UGA has played games in other

Aug 28, 2013, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: ESPN: Clemson atmosphere a hurdle for UGA ]

loud, noisy environments on the road in the SEC. They know how to deal with it.

Not their freshmen!

Aug 28, 2013, 12:14 PM

They're starting 2 FR on defense, and have something like 12 of them on the defensive 2 deep.

And even veteran players get affected by the crowd - I don't think any of their players are immune to it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lets look at teams UGA played on the road last year

Aug 28, 2013, 10:13 PM [ in reply to I think you're right, UGA has played games in other ]

Only 2 teams with great atmospheres on the road last year, Scar and Auburn. They got their butts handed to them at Scar and well Auburn last year was a dumpster fire. In 2011 they played in one great atmosphere on the road at a terrible Tenn and barely won 20-12. In 2010 two teams with great atmospheres on the road at Scar and at Auburn got killed at both. So seniors at the almighty UGA have played on the road at great environments 5 times and are 2-3 and the two wins were against teams with losing records. The three losses were each by more than 10 points.

Herschel Walker

Aug 28, 2013, 8:57 AM

said that hands down , Death Valley was the loudest environment he had ever played in. He never scored there. Bring the noise Tigerfans !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I doubt the noise was the reason behind

Aug 28, 2013, 9:39 AM

him not scoring. I think our D had something to do with it.

The Valley may not be THE difference...

Aug 28, 2013, 9:41 AM

...but it d@mn sure will be A difference. And it's the difference we, as the Sons of Clemson can control.

Let no one who leaves Saturday's game say they didn't make a difference.

In fact, let no one who leaves be able to say ANYTHING at all.

Much has been made of the team's legacy ... but what will OUR legacy be? We have the opportunity to end all doubt that the Sons of Clemson and Death Valley are the holy #### of college football.

Leave no doubt, Tigers. Leave no voice. Let those who gather in victory at the paw are able to only rasp out the alma mater.

It is our time.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen. Preach it, Rev!***

Aug 28, 2013, 10:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Amen !!!! What will OUR legacy be ? What will YOUR legacy

Aug 28, 2013, 11:08 PM [ in reply to The Valley may not be THE difference... ]

be from being in our stadium Saturday night ???

Ohhhh .... And there ARE fan legacies.

The NC State game where, as a visiting team, we were threatened with the noise penalty. Their QB couldn't hear at his house.

The Red Sea of Nebraska being left utterly without voice as the Orange Bowl became Death Valley South - spelling C L E M S O N around the stadium ....

The mocking tomahawk chop at Doak in '89 that drowned out the home crowd with " F S Uuuuuuuu ...... Ohhhhhh and twoooooo".

The awe of the talking heads at our first Gameday and the incessant noise that helped destroy GaTech.

Make Saturday another example of Something in those Hills....that is uniquely and amazingly Clemson.

Gooooo T I G E R S ! ! !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Football Update: ESPN: Clemson atmosphere a hurdle for UGA

Aug 29, 2013, 2:12 AM

Can't believe that there are #### fans that created an account on tigernet so they could put their two cents in...haha and death valley is ten times louder than willy brices crappy crowd

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic