Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: ESPN: 2012 Clemson Report Card
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,998

Football Update: ESPN: 2012 Clemson Report Card

Jan 17, 2013, 9:44 AM

ESPN: 2012 Clemson Report Card

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say B+ until we beat the coots***

Jan 17, 2013, 9:52 AM

Re: I say B+ until we beat the coots***

Jan 17, 2013, 2:39 PM

cu81grad, I understand where you are coming from but as a 62 graduate let me remind you of the record:

65 - 41 - 4

So I will give the "Real Tigers" an "A" until the coots beat us again, which I think will be awhile with the way Dabo and our coaches are recruiting and developing our talent. It is always a good time to be a Clemson Tiger!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"B+" grade for me ... maybe "A-"

Jan 17, 2013, 9:54 AM

I hate to think that any season that includes a loss to SCAR would ever be ranked as an "A" ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

B+ is the highest possble until we beat the Coots!***

Jan 17, 2013, 10:07 AM

Re: Football Update: ESPN: 2012 Clemson Report Card

Jan 17, 2013, 10:16 AM

Good season, but far from great. There was one dominant and quality win and that was against LSU. We did the games we were favored to win, except the coots. B-

Re: Football Update: ESPN: 2012 Clemson Report Card

Jan 17, 2013, 11:21 AM

i love CLemson,, have all my 52 years, i was born in Anderson because CLemson didnt have a hospital.. and i am going to say i hope we go 3 and 9 next year so you people will remember the old days when we went 4 and 8 and all that.. like 1998... grow up.. we had a great great year,, so what if we didnt beat SC>. so what...............11 wins every year,, will be just fine with me.

We finished #9 in the coaches poll, not 10th. How hard is

Jan 17, 2013, 11:03 AM

that for people to understand? How much research does it take to whip out the poll and look, especially if you're going to make it a big part of your point.

Hard to grade. SOS=#61. Went 1-2 vs good teams, FSU, SC, LSU

Jan 17, 2013, 12:29 PM

I'm really happy to see Clemson get 11 wins, finally beat an elite non-con team like LSU on the national stage, and finish in the Top 11. Kudos to Dabo & the team. Without that wonderful LSU win though, the season would have been a bit hollow, since during the regular season, Clemson only played 2 good teams (FSU & SCar) and lost to both. Otherwise, Clemson only played one AQ team that finished the regular season with a winning record, NCSU (7-5). The ACC is deteriorating, and it finished 7th in the Sagarin SOS rankings so it's becoming an irrelevant yardstick to measure Clemson's success.

But 2012 is in the books and I'm hopeful that the LSU game is indicative of the future Clemson-- one that starts 2013 by beating UGA.

Screw Sagarin. Pathetically BiaSed.***

Jan 17, 2013, 3:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hard to grade. SOS=#61. Went 1-2 vs good teams, FSU, SC, LSU

Jan 17, 2013, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Hard to grade. SOS=#61. Went 1-2 vs good teams, FSU, SC, LSU ]

Razzmatazz, I understand why your Tiger Pulse is as low as it is. Your "somewhat" negative post reminds me of the old TV show, Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C., where the Sergeant got Gomer a date. After the date, the Sergeant asked Gomer if he couldn't say something good about his date! Gomer responded, "well, she doesn't sweat much for a fat girl."

Let me give you a little different perspective. Clemson played 3 SEC teams this past season and we beat 2 of them, one being ranked in the top 10, LSU. Statistically, we kicked their butts and near the end of the the game their players were literally whipped and we "finished" a well deserved win with our much improved team.

Dabo has been our HC for 4 complete seasons and Spurrier has been the HC of Cootville for 8 seasons. We have lost 4 in a row and Spurrier has a 4 year HC advantage at cootville versus Dabo at Clemson The overall record is 65 - 41 - 4 and I will bet you a steak diner that Dabo & Company returns us to our "rightful position" of regularly beating the coots starting next year! Do you accept the bet?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lose to your rival 4 years in a row = 1.5 grade drop.

Jan 17, 2013, 1:38 PM

Juss kiddin
maybe

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,998
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic