Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: David Beasley knows Clemson fans are ready for rivalry game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Football Update: David Beasley knows Clemson fans are ready for rivalry game

Nov 13, 2012, 12:51 PM

David Beasley knows Clemson fans are ready for rivalry game

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: David Beasley knows Clemson fans are ready for rivalry game

Nov 13, 2012, 1:12 PM

There have been huge games between Clemson and NCSU. It's always been a huge rivalry!!! I remember one of the very first live contests I saw between NCSU and Clemson. It was in a huge game toward the end of Coach Frank Howard's career. As a matter of fact, it was one of the greatest wins I can remember. I think NCSU was heavily favored in this game. Lou Holtz was doing an outstanding job at NCSU. He had this lowly ACC team on the way to a Sugar Bowl bid, but Clemson had something else in mind. These Tigers wanted to win the ACC that Saturday afternoon and that is exactly what they did and the NCSU wolf pack did not go to the Sugar Bowl and Lou Holtz left Raleigh and went to coach the Arkansas Razorbacks within a year or so of this loss. Even though we finished the season 7-3 and ACC champs, there were not that many bowls back then and we didn't get a bowl bid. Well this game on Saturday with the Wolfpack reminds me of that game. We've got to be ready for this Wolfpack team just like those 1966 Tigers were. Go Tigers!!! Take care of the Wolfpack!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Soldier

Re: Football Update: David Beasley knows Clemson fans are ready for rivalry game

Nov 13, 2012, 1:34 PM

lou holtz was an assistant at usuc in 1966...nonetheless GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Nov 13, 2012, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: David Beasley knows Clemson fans are ready for rivalry game ]

I got the years mixed up. It was 1967, not 1966, when this happened.

Clemson Soldier

Nov 13, 2012, 3:56 PM

Please forgive me for some inaccurate information. I went back and checked that year and discovered that Lou Holtz did not even start coaching at NCSU until 1972. During the 1967 season, I was 13 years old, I do believe Clemson had back-to-back ACC championships in 66 and 67. I do remember the Tigers wearing orange shoes as they ran down "the Hill" that day. It seemed like NCSU was having a great year until they got to Clemson. I do believe that there was talk of the Wolfpack getting a bid to the Sugar Bowl if they kept winning. We spoiled the year for them though. Charlie Waters was playing for Clemson that year! He went on to have an awesome career at Dallas. Buddy Gore was the main running back. I remember Coach Howard would say on his weekly Frank Howard tv show, "there goes Buddy Go (the "r" was silent) up the middle for fo!!! :).

Clemson Soldier

Nov 13, 2012, 3:09 PM

It's not just the fans rivalry, he should be stoked to.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2012, 8:29 PM

I'm sure he'll be 'stoked' when the time comes ... until then, he's focused on NCSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic