Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Dabo comments on Watkins at Prowl and Growl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Football Update: Dabo comments on Watkins at Prowl and Growl

May 8, 2012, 11:07 PM

Dabo comments on Watkins at Prowl and Growl

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Dabo comments on Watkins at Prowl and Growl

May 9, 2012, 5:49 AM

Good for him. He doesn't owe people anything.
He'll make a decision when he's ready, and it will be the right decision, no matter what all those people who want to blast Sammy think.

May 9, 2012, 6:37 AM

I've said it before and I will say it again, I think Watkins bounces back in a big way. He has a great work ethic and a ton of talent. Its a shame he chose to make a poor decision, but we have all made poor decisions in our lives at one point or another. I look for him to take his punishment, whatever it may be, in stride, and continue lighting up the scoreboard this fall.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2012, 8:28 AM

Please take note the ones on here that are trying
to get net time and decide what should be done with Sammy

"Dabo said I will decide what is needed, when I decide
the time is right with Watkins"

agreed, this is really a private matter and should be

May 9, 2012, 9:03 AM

handled that way. I love college football but this is one aspect of the game today that I don't like. This should have been between Sammy, coaches and family members. We DO NOT need to know every detail of these players lives!!

Re: agreed, this is really a private matter and should be

May 9, 2012, 9:16 AM

This sounds encouraging for Sammy:

He’s been a complete model citizen, player, teammate, student since the day he got there. It’s just a reminder that even the best of the best still do stupid things from time to time.

Well put IMO.

May 9, 2012, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Dabo comments on Watkins at Prowl and Growl ]

Punishment for a crime or anything else is just to correct the problem, not the punishment to suffer pain. Some people you can talk to and the problem will be solved, other times a beating work, time out (lol) or taking away something. I think Sammy knows he screwed up and it wont happen again, but hey he might not have learned his lesson and more sever punishment needs to be handed out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"No. We don't play until September." hmmmmm...

May 9, 2012, 9:39 AM

I see Sammy missing a couple/three games here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow! That is one heck of a leap!!!!

May 9, 2012, 11:13 AM

How in the world did you get you conclusion from any of Dabo's statement? The only logical conclusion that a sane person can make is that even Dabo hasn't decided what he is going to do, or if he has made a decision he isn't ready to share it with the public. In other words, nobody buy Sammy and Dabo truly know what is going to happen.

Remember that McDaniel didn't sit out the season opener against Alabama after being arrested for domestic violence charges.

Re: "No. We don't play until September." hmmmmm...

Jul 4, 2012, 8:23 AM [ in reply to "No. We don't play until September." hmmmmm... ]

What you are seeing is Dabo being stupid and stupid if that is what you are seeing. Half of an important game, or a whole meaningless game. Anything more and you are letting the team and fans`feel the punishment also. Extra duties are more for the individual types of punishments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2012, 9:19 AM

What's interesting is: Dabo could do absolutely NOTHING, and just not tell anyone anything. There is nothing stated anywhere (that I'm aware of) that says Sammy has to be punished by missing games or anything specific. He could be made to run steps for all we know.

Bottom line: Dabo has complete control of this situation, and nobody on the planet can do a frickin' thing about it. He can always just say that Sammy has received his punishment already. He does NOT have to provide proof to anyone.

My guess is: He sits Sammy for first half of Auburn game. If we're winning, he sits him the second half too, and everyone on the planet applauds Dabo for making this decision. If we're losing, Sammy plays the second half, and Dabo has other punishment for Sammy in addition to the 1/2 game suspension. Or he might just sit him 1 quarter - if we're losing. :)

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic