Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Dabo Swinney reads Gettysburg Address to team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Football Update: Dabo Swinney reads Gettysburg Address to team

Nov 19, 2013, 6:36 PM

Dabo Swinney reads Gettysburg Address to team

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would like to see a video

Nov 19, 2013, 6:52 PM

null

he did better than obama!***

Nov 19, 2013, 7:13 PM

that's not hard to do!***

Nov 20, 2013, 6:21 AM

That picture though hahaha***

Nov 19, 2013, 7:28 PM

Re: That picture though hahaha***

Nov 20, 2013, 12:38 PM

I know ... this is the first thing I thought of when I saw it ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something tells me he didn't leave out "under God" like

Nov 19, 2013, 7:29 PM

Obama did....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Dabo is not a big fake like Obama certainly is.***

Nov 19, 2013, 8:01 PM

Re: Dabo is not a big fake like Obama certainly is.***

Nov 19, 2013, 10:06 PM

I can assure you that neither President Obama nor Coach Sweeny are fake. Both are great leaders that are worthy of our respect.

Re: "Dabo is not a big fake like Obama certainly is" REALLY?

Nov 20, 2013, 6:25 AM

Mr. Obama is a leader? I must have been sleeping while he was leading. What did I miss? Someone please explain to me what President Obama has done besides spend my tax dollars on this air in the past 5 years. Jobs have not been created, debt has tripled, cost of living has risen 238%, our allies have abandoned us due to a violation of their privacy, our enemies have gotten stronger, and poverty reigns supreme in this nation now. Oh wait a minute, he did do something, feminine men can now serve our military and get real heroes killed in the line of duty because they're feminine and proud.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Nov 20, 2013, 7:09 AM

Chesty, you make me proud that I am a Clemson liberal who is just as orange and just as American as you. Your efforts are better served focusing on something constructive....supporting the Tigers.

I'm ALL IN and, like it or not, we are on the same team (assuming that you're ALL IN with the rest of us). Despite our differences, I bet that Coach Sweeney and President Obama respect both of us and are glad that we are Clemson Tigers and Americans, respectively.

Tigers, beat the @#%&$ out of the Coots!!! ...and Chesty, I hope that you have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving!

Inevitably, as in all elections, the question will arise

Nov 20, 2013, 8:59 AM

of whether or not "you are better off than you were 4 years ago". As a people, we were not. Not then, not today, not come election time in 3 years. Say what you want about what this president inherited from the Bush Presidency. He will shoulder no blame for the economic crisis. He will however, own the worst recovery that I have seen in my lifetime.

Re: Inevitably, as in all elections, the question will arise

Nov 20, 2013, 1:15 PM

Memphis,

I am not totally happy with Obama either. Why the $%^_@ are we still in Afghanistan?
In the last 4 yrs, the lives of many has improved. The economy is stable (not in crisis), unemployment is significantly lower than 2008, numerous Clemson students (ages 18-25) have health insurance (through their parents plan) because of the AHA, Syria is dismantling their stockpiles of chemical weapons, if you get a serious chronic illness, your health insurance provider can no longer kick you to the curb, we are no longer losing American lives in Iraq, and the DJIA has doubled since he's taken office. I agree, Obama has made some mistakes, but overall, he's achieved a lot despite unprecedented filibustering in the Senate and the House opposing his every initiative.
Our country would be further along if we would put partsianship and irrational fears aside and concentrated on recruiting and developing the best OL in the southeast. The skill players (with brains) will join up because they will want to play behind a dominant O-line.

I see what you did there***

Nov 20, 2013, 1:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2013, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Re: "Dabo is not a big fake like Obama certainly is" REALLY? ]

I'm not attacking Obama... I just want to know what good he has done as our President? What good has any liberal, or conservative done. When are we going to have patriots instead of morons running the nation? Generating a law that requires me to pay 1/3 of my annual income to purchase a product that I don't need or want is BULLCRAP. Making provisions to indefinitely detain US Citizens without due process is tyranny and an act of treason against the US Constitution that I swore to uphold. THE CONSTITUTION holds more weight than someone's political position or elected seat of office. Anyone who violates the constitution should either be arrested or shot should they refuse surrender. I swore an oath and I intend on keeping it and making elected officials keep their oath even if my force or armed struggle.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Or the original Nicolay draft did.

Nov 19, 2013, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Something tells me he didn't leave out "under God" like ]

But don't let facts interfere with your fake outrage.

What are you saying? Did Lincoln use the phrase

Nov 20, 2013, 9:22 AM

"under God" in his speech that day or did he not?

null

He did not. don't trust members of the confederacy

Nov 20, 2013, 10:49 AM

for their slant on anything related to the Civil War. Or on anything else, for that matter.

I'm confused. So you're saying that 150 years ago when

Nov 20, 2013, 11:23 AM

Lincoln gave the Gettysburg Address, the phrase "under God" did not come out of his mouth? Then where did that come from? Are you saying that people added it after the speech and claimed it was there all along?

null

Nevermind. I looked it up myself. He recited the Nicolay

Nov 20, 2013, 12:30 PM

Manuscript word for word.

Odd that the President is the only one (that I could find, but I didn't go over all of them) to recite a version omitting that phrase. Also odd to imagine that he would be specifically asked to recite the Nicolay version. I'm not too worried about it either way, but that's suspect to be sure.

null

That's the atheist conspiracy.

Nov 20, 2013, 1:17 PM

We're going to keep not mentioning god until you just forget about him.

Bwahahahahahahahaha.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then Obama wasn't quoting Abraham Lincoln ...

Nov 20, 2013, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Nevermind. I looked it up myself. He recited the Nicolay ]

For what it's worth, Obama and Lincoln are/were both professional politicians. I believe Lincoln himself debated whether to include the religious reference. In the end he chose to include it (for whatever reason) when he actually made the speech.

Historically ... at least three reporters telegraphed the text of Lincoln's speech on the day the Address was given with the words "under God" included.

Every stenographic report, good, bad and indifferent, said 'that the nation shall, under God, have a new birth of freedom.'

There was no common source from which all the reporters could have obtained those words but from Lincoln's own lips at the time of delivery. The words were telegraphed by at least three reporters on the afternoon of the delivery.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which draft did Obama read? The Nicolay draft or the

Nov 20, 2013, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Or the original Nicolay draft did. ]

Everett...or one in between?

If he read the Everett draft, then he left out "Under God" on purpose. If he read the Nicolay draft, then you are correct.

There are enough other differences in the 2 to determine which one Obama read from.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obama read the Nicolay draft.

Nov 20, 2013, 12:04 PM

nm

Point for knowing what you're talking about. Not many

Nov 20, 2013, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Or the original Nicolay draft did. ]

in this thread seem to.

Re: Point for knowing what you're talking about. Not many

Nov 20, 2013, 12:43 PM

What has any of this got to do with whipping USuC!!!???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My thoughts exactly***

Nov 20, 2013, 12:50 PM

Re: Something tells me he didn't leave out "under God" like

Nov 19, 2013, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Something tells me he didn't leave out "under God" like ]

Well there is the whole not mixing religion and government.. Not saying i approve but i do think its necessary.

necessary? We became the richest most powerful country in

Nov 20, 2013, 6:25 AM

world quicker than any other country in history because we put God first and foremost! Now that we are putting Him in the backseat, we are going downhill just as fast as we rose!

Re: necessary? We became the richest most powerful country in

Nov 20, 2013, 4:15 PM

You missed the whole point. Look at the sorry lot of people in this sorry nation that I fought for. The deserve God's judgment. Jus sayin..

~Chesty Puller

Nov 20, 2013, 6:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Something tells me he didn't leave out "under God" like ]

It is definitely necessary for our Govt to leave God out of everything they do. I say this so that our people can witness first hand what will happen to a nation when God is removed. Especially to a bunch of people like the ones living in the US today. Besides, our Govt is doing so much better without God.... Just look at all of the programs that the Govt has built to help the American people without including God at all.

1. EBT/ SNAP / WIC
2. Section 8/ Govt Housing Authorities
3. Universal Healthcare
4. Social Security
5. Minimum Wage

I mean these programs are an awesome success. ( SARCASM )

In reality these programs intended to help folks have actually hurt them because they are not administered through the word of GOD. They are doomed for failure, and in most cases have only cost us more in the long run. Jesus is the only way.... Stay Classy Merica.

~Chesty Puller

Nov 20, 2013, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Something tells me he didn't leave out "under God" like ]

Why do people like you always feel like you have to drag politics into a college athletics discussion board?
What is wrong with you? All it can do is create division and problems, the absolute last thing we need.
In the future, when you feel the urge to make political comments, stop, think, and keep it to your self.
Do you really think anything positive can come from making nasty, personal political comments?
Finally, you do realize it is pointless anyway because you aren't even going to change anyone's minds!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously, the way history is taught today, that may be the

Nov 19, 2013, 8:06 PM

first time many of them have ever heard it.

Spud sadly

Nov 19, 2013, 8:15 PM

You are probably right....

Dabo will probably

Nov 19, 2013, 11:15 PM

want to trademark it.

You've gotta love this***

Nov 20, 2013, 6:27 AM

Re: Football Update: Dabo Swinney reads Gettysburg Address to team

Nov 20, 2013, 11:03 AM

It the War of Northern Aggression was fought 10 times the South would win 5.

Nov 20, 2013, 12:47 PM

A+ and a point for humor!

Nov 22, 2013, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Dabo Swinney reads Gettysburg Address to team ]

Bullshet! We'd win more than that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just hope on 11/30 we win by at least 4 score(s)

Nov 20, 2013, 12:39 PM

and it better be at least 7 years before the coots win another game against CU! I think we can all agree on that.

Re: I just hope on 11/30 we win by at least 4 score(s)

Nov 20, 2013, 12:46 PM

Finally a comment I can relate to!

Nov 22, 2013, 5:32 PM

I doubt if 10 players have ever heard of the Gettysburg address. And I doubt if maybe only 2 of them know who the speaker was. And none of them have a clue as to the length of the speech. It was very short. A couple of minutes and it was over. Effective but quick.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic