Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Dabo Swinney ranked #1 ACC coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Football Update: Dabo Swinney ranked #1 ACC coach

Apr 11, 2013, 7:03 PM

Dabo Swinney ranked #1 ACC coach

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beamer had a down year, I still consider him the best

Apr 11, 2013, 7:23 PM

coach. Swinney isn't far behind and this is a good indicator that he is ranked ahead of Jimbo Fisher, who has done less with more than any other school in the ACC.

Re: Beamer had a down year ...

Apr 11, 2013, 7:39 PM

Dabo has won three in a row against Beamer. IMHO, that, along with Dabo's 21 wins in the past two seasons gives him the easy nod over the version of Beamer we've the past couple of years.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It'll be interesting to see if UVA overtakes VT in the

Apr 11, 2013, 10:21 PM

next few years or if Beamer can get back to where they used to be. I'm thinking he'll still dominate UVA but only win between 7 and 9 games the next few years and he'll retire near the top of the Coastal at best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Beamer had a down year, I still consider him the best

Apr 11, 2013, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Beamer had a down year, I still consider him the best ]

Beamer was AT ONE TIME a good X's and O's coach, but I think the game has passed him by. I also lost a lot of respect for him in his handling of the Vicks.

Vicks? He just didn't realize that you aren't supposed to

Apr 11, 2013, 10:18 PM

rub Vicks on certain areas of your body when you are congested.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

what makes his handling of the vicks, brandon ore et al

Apr 11, 2013, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Beamer had a down year, I still consider him the best ]

even more egregious was frankie's & vpi's complete mishandling of the christy brzonkala rape.

thankfully, although much, much too late & after how many lives were adversely affected, frankie was censured by vpi in 2008 and his coaching staff was completely removed from any real CAP involvement.

http://www.techsideline.com/football/capexcerpt.htm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and the home invader kicker last year

Apr 11, 2013, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Beamer had a down year, I still consider him the best ]

that was pretty weak letting that guy back on the team

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beamer is done.***

Apr 11, 2013, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Beamer had a down year, I still consider him the best ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Yea, old Beamer is really taking Dabo to the woodshed, LOL!!***

Apr 11, 2013, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Beamer had a down year, I still consider him the best ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beamer

Apr 11, 2013, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Beamer had a down year, I still consider him the best ]

is still a great coach. I think his biggest problem was not recruiting at a high level, which he SHOULD be able to do.

In terms of X's and O's I would put Beamer ahead of Dabo but that's why Dabo is the best at the same time. A head coach is supposed to manage a team which nobody does better in the ACC. Dabo brought in two excellent coordinators to handle the X's and O's, with Chad probably being the best OC in the nation. Dabo recruits at a VERY high level and is probably the only guy that is doing it by the book. And Dabo teaches his team and keeps them out of trouble.

really? dabo owns the head to head, the games haven't been

Apr 11, 2013, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Beamer had a down year, I still consider him the best ]

close & let's not forget frankie scheamer is one of cfb's all-time pos.

Virginia Tech Comprehensive Action Plan
Feb. 14, 1997

A Comprehensive Action Plan to Address Student-Athlete Behavior

Table of Contents
I. Introduction
II. The Recruiting Process
III. Encouraging Appropriate Behavior
IV. Sanctions
V. Conclusion
App. A Mission Statement of VT Athletic Department
App. B Modifications to Student-Athlete Handbook
App. C Conduct Resolution

I. Introduction

The profile of intercollegiate athletics has risen in recent years. As sports teams garner ever increasing media attention, so too have the off-field problems of athletes been spotlighted for media scrutiny. Virginia Tech has not been excluded from this unfortunate turn of events.

University officials, coaches, faculty, alumni and players are embarassed and upset by arrests of Virginia Tech student-athletes. It reflects poorly on the university, the integrity of all athletes, and the program in general. It is utterly incompatible with the character of our university community and completely unacceptable. It detracts from the remarkable success Virginia Tech student-athletes have achieved in recent years on the field and in the classroom. Accordingly, at the conclusion of the 1996 football season President Paul Torgeson asked Athletic Director David Braine to lead a group representing a cross-section of the university to review current department policies relative to student-athlete off-field behavior and develop a series of recommendations that would minimize future occurrences.

Committee members include:
Frank Beamer, Head Football Coach

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only way is down when you are over the hill.

Apr 12, 2013, 12:03 AM [ in reply to Beamer had a down year, I still consider him the best ]

You're just thinking of careers and Dabo just started his.

Dabo has Clemson headed up hill, compare that to ole Frank.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Dabo Swinney ranked #1 ACC coach

Apr 11, 2013, 8:30 PM

It doesn't say much about the caliber of the coaches in the ACC.

<----FGF is that way, coot.***

Apr 11, 2013, 9:43 PM

There's something in these hills.

Tell 'em coot

Apr 12, 2013, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Dabo Swinney ranked #1 ACC coach ]

Your coach will never win a conference championship at USCheat. Period.

I work with a Coot

Apr 12, 2013, 8:04 PM

That honestly (and not kidding) thinks that USuck will go undefeated this year and be in Pasadena.

CoolAid has made its way to Columbia!!

I almost replied, but didnt have the heart to hurt his peasized brain with facts!

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic